Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Bad experience ordering from toolshop.de

it Offline shadowrider

Bad experience ordering from toolshop.de
on: May 29, 2017, 08:34:12 PM
Hey folks, just thought I'd share my recent experience ordering two Wenger SAKs.
I needed to buy two Wenger knives, both model Classic 101 (old Viking). After a somewhat lenghty search, last week I found one of the few webstores that carried two of them (some only had one piece for sale). The website, called toolshop.de, is from Germany, so I was prepared to pay for international shipping. I went ahead and happily placed my order, for which I immediately received a confirmation email.
Fast forward to a few hours later, and I receive one email from paypal, and one from toolshop.de, informing me that they only had one knife available, so they shipped that one and refunded the price of the second.
As soon as I saw it, I contacted them saying I wouln't be interested in just one knife, and asking to cancel my order, but they replied that my package had shipped out already. I didn't feel that was right, so I complained that they should have informed me that my order couldn't be fulfilled before shipping it out, and asked for the refund of the shipping fees (since I am going to have to place another order from yet another website). They told me that that is not possible, and offered a €10 discount on my next order...
I am really disappointed. Has anyone had any similar experience when ordering online?

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Bad experience ordering from toolshop.de
Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 09:21:43 PM
Hey folks, just thought I'd share my recent experience ordering two Wenger SAKs.
I needed to buy two Wenger knives, both model Classic 101 (old Viking). After a somewhat lenghty search, last week I found one of the few webstores that carried two of them (some only had one piece for sale). The website, called toolshop.de, is from Germany, so I was prepared to pay for international shipping. I went ahead and happily placed my order, for which I immediately received a confirmation email.
Fast forward to a few hours later, and I receive one email from paypal, and one from toolshop.de, informing me that they only had one knife available, so they shipped that one and refunded the price of the second.
As soon as I saw it, I contacted them saying I wouln't be interested in just one knife, and asking to cancel my order, but they replied that my package had shipped out already. I didn't feel that was right, so I complained that they should have informed me that my order couldn't be fulfilled before shipping it out, and asked for the refund of the shipping fees (since I am going to have to place another order from yet another website). They told me that that is not possible, and offered a €10 discount on my next order...
I am really disappointed. Has anyone had any similar experience when ordering online?

Just had a bad experience last week.  Ordered a blue Farmer from an eBay seller claiming to be from the Cutlery Shoppe.  When the knife arrived it was standard silver ????  I complained to the seller who stated he was out of blue so he sent silver and  they would rather not do a return... Long story short, I asked for a partial refund and ended up with a  brand new silver farmer for $25. whatever.  At least the seller did this for me, I left positive feedback.. .but gee whiz I REALLY wanted that blue.
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 08:50:11 AM
That is completely unecceptable and I would refuse delivery and demand a full refund. If they decline then take it up with paypal.
I'm the milk man!

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 12:17:35 PM
I ordered a red 108mm Solo a month or 2 ago from outwards.nl since their site stated it was in stock.
I payed the knife and postage and received a confirmation from both Paypal and Outwards.

It stated "2 working days delivery"

After 5 days I called to ask what took so long.
They said there were festivities in town and that public life was grinding to a halt.
Searching on Google I found out that it was indeed a large festivity. Outwards stated that it should be with me next monday.
Tuesday: still nothing, so called them again.
They told me they were sorry and that something must've gone wrong. They promissed me to send another one.

2 days delivery, remember?

5 days later: still nothing.
Tried to call again, but they didn't answer anymore.

Opened a Paypal claim and 3 days later I got a message that the seller had paid a refund.

It's still on their site, but "not in stock".

My guess is that they didn't update the site in the past, and didn't have any in stock when I ordered mine, desperatly searching for a resupply, which naturaly never came, stalling me in the process.

Just be honest from starters and I wouldn't get pissed off!
Outwards.nl? NEVER again.

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 01:07:14 PM
Also happened to me a couple of time in the past. I always wonder why it is so hard for some sellers to be honest?

When something isn't in stock, just let it know. I understand and accept that sometimes this can happen. But don't just ship out different stuff without presenting this option to the buyer first  ???
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

it Offline shadowrider

Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 01:17:22 PM
Quick follow up: I ended up opening a paypal controversy and, after a few days, they contacted me today saying that I am "eligible" for a return.
That is, they'll refund my money if I return the knife, but the shipping charge will be on me (needs to be tracked international shipping). Which means that I'll still end up losing about 15€ for a screw up on the store's part...

it Offline shadowrider

Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 10:35:28 PM
Update: after a whole afternoon spent on the phone, I was able to obtain a refund from paypal (not the seller) for the shipping price I originally paid, and the dispute with the german shop is closed.
This worked out ok in the end. I will just have to look for a back up Wenger Classic 101 elsewhere.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%