Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

For all the Cybertool owners who are looking for extra bits!

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Found this link on bladeforums while looking for extra bits.
They are ball detent and claimed to be the exact size as Vic's.

Unfortunatly, since I'm European, shipping it over here would probably double the cost...

Some people here might get a good deal here:
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=45432&cat=1,43411,43417

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Annoyingly they aren't double sided

Still a great find though. :tu:
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Good find and as Med said it's annoying they are not double sided.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
I would LOVE to see a CyberTool bit set add-on by Victorinox, siminal to the leatherman bit kit.

say an additional 10 double-sided bits would be great.
If I can help, let me know 

us Offline ChrisEDC247

I would LOVE to see a CyberTool bit set add-on by Victorinox, siminal to the leatherman bit kit.

say an additional 10 double-sided bits would be great.

Totally agree, it would be awesome to have a Cybertool bit kit. Its a shame the additional bits found in the XVAT are so hard to find. I always think how cool it would be if Vic added another "bit carry layer" with only bits and no driver back springs to get in the way. You could probably fit another six bits to the existing 4 included bits. Although I think an external plastic bit carrier like you suggest is probably cheaper and more practical size wise.

us Offline rivercity

Just curious, does anyone have a caliper to measure the Vic hex size?
Chuck

"Well, when it comes down to me against a situation, I don't like the situation to win." ~ MacGyver

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return

The drivers are advertised as 4 and 5mm hex, the bits are approx 3.95 - 3.97mm.

us Offline rivercity

Cool! I own this set of Tekton mini screwdriver bits, and they measure 3.97mm. No ball detent, but a good assortment and I would wager that the bigger sets from Tekton are the same size as well.

https://www.amazon.com/TEKTON-2830-Everybit-Precision-Electronic/dp/B009MKGRQA/ref=sr_1_32?ie=UTF8&qid=1496104274&sr=8-32&keywords=tekton

Chuck

"Well, when it comes down to me against a situation, I don't like the situation to win." ~ MacGyver

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice

Cool! I own this set of Tekton mini screwdriver bits, and they measure 3.97mm. No ball detent, but a good assortment and I would wager that the bigger sets from Tekton are the same size as well.

(Image removed from quote.)

https://www.amazon.com/TEKTON-2830-Everybit-Precision-Electronic/dp/B009MKGRQA/ref=sr_1_32?ie=UTF8&qid=1496104274&sr=8-32&keywords=tekton
Yeah, plenty of precision bit kits available from Wiha, Kraftwerk, Toolcraft etc.

Kraftwerk has a kit similar to OPs with ball, but for most it is easiest if you install a small magnet in the CT-bit-holder. My favorite holder is from Toolcraft, but I prefer the Wiha bits. The smallest and probably best companion to the CT is from Red Cycling.
4mm_02.jpg
* 4mm_02.jpg (Filesize: 202.18 KB)
tcp_01.jpg
* tcp_01.jpg (Filesize: 198.57 KB)
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice

Yeah, plenty of precision bit kits available from Wiha, Kraftwerk, Toolcraft etc.

Kraftwerk has a kit similar to OPs with ball, but for most it is easiest if you install a small magnet in the CT-bit-holder. My favorite holder is from Toolcraft, but I prefer the Wiha bits. The smallest and probably best companion to the CT is from Red Cycling.
I've got some generic 4mm bits already, but I'm afraid to mess up my CT when trying to install a magnet. Therefore I'm looking for alternatives.
Kraftwerk is a brand that my dad can order through is company, so I'll have to check those out...
Any parts number?

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice

I've got some generic 4mm bits already, but I'm afraid to mess up my CT when trying to install a magnet. Therefore I'm looking for alternatives.
Kraftwerk is a brand that my dad can order through is company, so I'll have to check those out...
Any parts number?
Sure
Kraftwerk - Art.Nr. 3179
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 10:03:54 AM by Etherealicer »
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice

Any parts number?
Sure
Kraftwerk - Art.Nr. 3179
Awesome! Thanks!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68