Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Do yo carry a knife/MT for self defense?

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Re: Do yo carry a knife/MT for self defense?
Reply #150 on: June 30, 2017, 09:24:45 AM
Last night a boy and girl, both 18 and returning from promnight, were harassed at the beach (other side of the country) by 3 men.
After they took the boy's money  (€70) they decided they wanted more, pulled a knife and threatened the boy while they made him watch how they took turns to rape the girl...

I'm reconsidering my previous answer while feeling absolutely disgusted and having a little less faith in mankind.

Very sorry to hear that.......

Words fail a bit, I don't understand the innocence of living in a safe place, and I'm saddened to see people that do loose their innocence..... 

us Offline Noa Isumi

• No Life Club
Reply #151 on: June 30, 2017, 11:18:45 AM
My answer is NO
I follow a tools over weapons philosophy in my blades. If I am going to carry a weapon it will be ether mace or a gun. That said I do like having a large blade sometimes and can often be found replacing my edc OH Trekker with a ColdSteel Recon1XL and Vic Climber.
Forget the sparing room points and fancy techniques of a martial arts school. In real life they are messy random affairs of running away, dodging and generally flailing at your assailant while ether avoiding each other at the same time or grappling so you both get cut up/dead. I did face an attacker who was armed with a knife in school and never want to again. My only defense was a backpack as a shield and I eventually got away relatively unharmed. I learned a lesson about keeping my distance that day and after that carried bike chain throughout MS/HS. Used it several times too.
That was an interesting time to try and explain in the polygraph interview for my corrections officer application several years ago. The question was if I had ever used a weapon against another person and seeing as I'm not military and have a clean record he was surprised when I said yes.
Yes I passed the test, No I didn't get the job
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 12:25:14 PM by Noa Isumi »
I used to be a lot of things, and someday will again.
But for now I'm just a lost jack of trades with neither mastery nor home. ~NoaIsumi

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #152 on: July 22, 2017, 04:37:15 PM
My simple answer is yes. I do carry a medium-size framelock folder daily in going to work. My primary defense weapon are my legs (to run away), but as a last ditch tool, I carry a folder.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%