Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Would like some help on Victorinox display/locker info

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Some of you might have seen me post it on another topic, but I got a Victorinox display/cabinet/locker yesterday.

I remember seeing types like this on store counters or on posts outside at the door at cuterly shops as a kid. As the matter of fact, my fist Vic was selected from one like this.

Sadly the internet isn't making me any wiser.
Where did it come from? It's got both French and English texts.

How old is it?
It has been stickered over some original layers in the past, so they were updated by Vic's supplied stickers.
The Swisschamp on it has the grey mag frame, Cybertool, Voyager, Altimeter and Swisscard are all on it. But like I said, it will probably be older.

ANY info would be greatly appreciated!

:cheers:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Would like some help on Victorinox display/locker info
Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 06:46:08 PM
Fun update,
There are model numbers added with a label writer at certain positions by the one who once sold SAKs from this stand.
Compact was added to the Climber shelf, Mountaineer added to the Huntsman shelf, and alongside the Explorer... there was... The Scientist! :ahhh

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 06:58:59 PM
There are pics of liner locked 111 mmm knives on it. That means 21st century. Or are these the ones that have been stickered over?

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 07:03:52 PM
There are pics of liner locked 111 mmm knives on it. That means 21st century. Or are these the ones that have been stickered over?
No liner locks as far as I can see.
The Alpineer is shown reversed and has a slide lock.

Alot are stickered over, but maybe the dealer was free to chose where went what and just received a blanc display? There is one empty space visible, the one right above it has the Swisscard sticker which is a sticker by itself  (the others are entire rows at once) So it was meant to be expandable.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 07:08:38 PM
Also found a saw cover inside, so there was probably a Trooper in there too...
Which will help dating it's use period.

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 07:42:40 PM

Alot are stickered over, but maybe the dealer was free to chose where went what and just received a blanc display? There is one empty space visible, the one right above it has the Swisscard sticker which is a sticker by itself  (the others are entire rows at once) So it was meant to be expandable.
The black ones with the fat cap lifter. But I got the date wrong. Post 1990 would be a better estimate.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 07:45:19 PM by Ronald Schröder »

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 07:48:08 PM

The black ones with the fat cap lifter. But I got the date wrong. Post 1990 would be a better estimate.

Yeah, I'd say early 90's
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 09:00:20 PM

Yeah, I'd say early 90's

Thanks guys!
 :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56