Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Puttin' on the Hoffritz

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Re: Puttin' on the Hoffritz
Reply #90 on: January 02, 2019, 03:32:45 AM
A Special Delivery on Sunday...my newest Hoffritz is the Fisherman. Hoffritz scale and blade stamped. The nicest little surprises were the metal head tweezers and the sea horse inlaid is the complete eye and more detailed body.

:like: Great catch on this one Ray! :tu:  Gotta admit I was eyeballing it before it was re-listed as 'resotred'.

It'd fit in with the fish/anglers I have...

I was going to ask for pictures from the top, as I suspect it may have a 'thin' center liner. I did think that it should have the 'gray' spring and would likely be from c. '78 if it didn't.

------

Now there's another Hoffritz addict in the ranks!  >:D
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #91 on: January 02, 2019, 03:38:57 PM
The restored was the polishing of the scales. He did a great job on it. Looks great. I was thinking of the Hoffritz SwissChamp but went with the Fisherman in the end. Had the SwissChamp had Hoffritz tang stamp I would have gone with it. Looking forward to seeing more of your Hoffritz’s.  :like: :tu:

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #92 on: January 02, 2019, 04:18:25 PM
The restored was the polishing of the scales. He did a great job on it. Looks great.
:iagree:  :tu: That's why I was still looking at it! I was being too cheap and hoping for a price drop. I'll just have to try harder on the next one!

Could you post a pic of the top of the knife? I was really curious about the liner types.

I was thinking of the Hoffritz SwissChamp but went with the Fisherman in the end. Had the SwissChamp had Hoffritz tang stamp I would have gone with it. Looking forward to seeing more of your Hoffritz’s.  :like: :tu:
:cheers:
One of the main reasons I had to start posting...to photograph/document/organize my collection! Even saving auction pics and data gets to be a chore.  :cry:

c. 1972 Picnicker:

c. 1977 (Master) Craftsman:

The above is why it's often hard to date Hoffritz knives...they're often getting parts discontinued from main line production. I have one of these that I believe is earlier, but has the numbered scaler and two thin/full spacers/liners, unlike this one with the thick/thin protocol.

If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #93 on: January 02, 2019, 04:27:16 PM
Here is a photo of the top...if its not...post a photo of what you want to see and then I can get you one!  :tu:

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #94 on: January 02, 2019, 04:46:27 PM
Here is a photo of the top...if its not...post a photo of what you want to see and then I can get you one!  :tu:

Thanks much! :salute: That's perfect, Ray! Helps confirm that mine (Hoffirtz Fish) are both probably just after yours and might be c. '79 and c. '80 for the one w/o fish...and that the non-Hoffritz SS inlay Fish with the black scissor spring should be say c.'76 +/- a year.

I've been trying to find the earliest date for the Hoffritz SS inlay as well as the related Camping variations since they can be found together.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 04:48:23 PM by kamakiri »

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #95 on: January 02, 2019, 05:28:06 PM
even if you have only one,
Hoffritz always means fun!  :D

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #96 on: January 02, 2019, 06:03:49 PM
even if you have only one,
Hoffritz always means fun!  :D

(Image removed from quote.)
One was all it took with me!  :like: :tu:

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #97 on: January 03, 2019, 07:07:18 AM
Forgot I had this Hoffritz Fish when I pulled out those others.  :-[  This is the oldest complete Hoffritz I own. NS tweezers and still a lot of original Hoffritz extra polish, but this one has a 'broken back' or split liners, but everything still has decent snap. Good enough for my shelf queen status as is. Might fix it one day unless I find a better one first.

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #98 on: January 10, 2019, 07:43:07 PM
My latest:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #99 on: January 10, 2019, 10:34:48 PM
Nice  :like: :tu:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #100 on: February 18, 2019, 10:33:41 PM
Ok, quick question! Does anyone have a Alox Hoffritz??? I haven’t seen one now that I’m thinking about it. Did they ever make one? Just wondering!  :dunno:
And if you have one, can you post a photo?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 10:35:42 PM by Rapidray »

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #101 on: February 19, 2019, 01:52:35 AM
Ok, quick question! Does anyone have a Alox Hoffritz??? I haven’t seen one now that I’m thinking about it. Did they ever make one? Just wondering!  :dunno:

Not me! One more thing to look out for! I may have seen one for auction a while back...can't say for certain though.  :think:  :dunno:

Closest thing I have would be a Director and its stainless scales.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #102 on: February 19, 2019, 02:12:45 AM

Not me! One more thing to look out for! I may have seen one for auction a while back...can't say for certain though.  :think:  :dunno:

I was hoping you would chime in  :cheers:
Thanks. I am thinking they didn’t - if they had you would have one I thought!  :rofl:

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #103 on: February 19, 2019, 02:29:19 AM

I was hoping you would chime in  :cheers:
Thanks. I am thinking they didn’t - if they had you would have one I thought!  :rofl:

:rofl:  :D That would be a safe guess...but I'm relatively new to Alox knives. All of mine are users and I don't really want to collect them. There are several that have my interest, but I figure I can always do that later.

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #104 on: February 22, 2019, 07:18:27 AM
I used to have an alox Hoffritz Popular but ended up selling it.  I've never seen a 93mm ritz...
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #105 on: February 22, 2019, 03:26:34 PM
I used to have an alox Hoffritz Popular but ended up selling it.  I've never seen a 93mm ritz...
Oh boy that’s great news then! Thanks  :cheers:

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #106 on: April 10, 2019, 06:35:41 PM
136kmaU - 84mm 'Master Craftsman' c. '72 with smooth phillips and no can key

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #107 on: April 10, 2019, 06:42:47 PM
Pre-saw Camper 234U:

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #108 on: April 10, 2019, 06:59:11 PM
Hoffritz-Elinox Camper c. '77/'78
Liners are not anodized, back of tang is blank.

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #109 on: April 10, 2019, 07:52:22 PM
Oh, and stuff Hoffritz Fans can re-learn.  :facepalm:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #110 on: April 11, 2019, 06:45:21 PM
Hoffritz FTW!! :climber:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #111 on: April 20, 2019, 01:50:46 AM
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #112 on: May 03, 2019, 03:24:24 AM

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #113 on: April 01, 2020, 07:31:51 PM

Bottom- Deluxe Super Knife with a couple of CT variants.

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #114 on: June 04, 2020, 04:39:59 AM
F11037 EXPLORER (Master Craftsman)

c. ‘76 and the first of these with the Hoffritz scale inlay. Previous version was the 84mm 11037 which does not appear to have the scale inlay.

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #115 on: November 11, 2020, 07:41:24 AM

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #116 on: November 11, 2020, 11:50:10 PM

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #117 on: November 24, 2020, 06:53:42 AM
:tu: :salute:

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #118 on: November 24, 2020, 11:00:38 PM
:tu: :salute:

:tu:

It’s been nice to see some ‘bay users actually making such references!!!

es Offline Gio_Luso

Reply #119 on: March 26, 2022, 01:17:21 PM
74 mm. Ambassador Hoffritz - George F. Fisher Inc.

img668d.jpg
* img668d.jpg (Filesize: 88.75 KB)

img668e.jpg
* img668e.jpg (Filesize: 137.56 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62