Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Vic SAK Comparison Pictures or Charts?

Offline DoughDTD

• One is never enough!
Vic SAK Comparison Pictures or Charts?
on: October 15, 2008, 04:58:03 AM
I want to try and pick up a Victorinox SAK that has a bunch of feature that I'm looking for in a slightly smaller EDC than a full pliers-based multi.  I think that the SwissChamp might be a bit big in the width department, and I was leaning towards a Champion Plus which is the same thing minus the pliers on the SwissChamp, and for 20 dollars cheaper.  However, I'm having a really hard time finding any acurate source of measurements for different SAK models, such as width or weight, that could help sway my decision.  I'm also having a really tough time finding any pictures of the Champion Plus (or other similar large models like the Explorer Plus) from the side, which would show me a relative width or thickness.  All I can really find on these tools is the official pictures released by Vic, and they choose to not take pictures of the widths of these large knives.  Anyway, I'm done rambeling, so what it comes down to is does anyone know of a good source for user pictures or weight comparisons for these guys?  Thanks alot.

-Dough :climber: 
W

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Re: Vic SAK Comparison Pictures or Charts?
Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 05:57:04 AM
I just checked on SAKWicki.com for the Champion Plus and no joy but I would normally suggest you check there after the manufacturers website. The Plus model only has a stock photo and I have yet to get any good photos of my Plus model. There are some specs for this knife though along with weight,length,etc.

SAKWicki.com is made for just what you want. Help in finding the right knife for yourself. If you have not yet tried it do so. I am working on photos for my collection so several photos of my varied Champion knives are forthcoming.

You may want to consider a Ranger model too.

Offline DoughDTD

• One is never enough!
Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 10:17:36 PM
Great, it has some of the stuff I was looking for(unfortunately not fully complete).
Appreciate it!

-Dough
W

Offline AndyTiedye

• No Life Club
  • Ride the Music
Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 12:42:05 AM
I measure the SwissChamp at 32mm,  and the Champion Plus at 28mm.

R

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 02:02:17 AM
Have you checked out the Handyman? That is my favorite SAK and it is very EDCable!  :D
B

Offline DoughDTD

• One is never enough!
Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 02:29:21 AM
Actually, the handyman has EVERYTHING I would ever want in a SAK except one thing, an end mounted philips driver.  The Craftsman is exactly the same as the handyman, except for a philips in place of the corkscrew, but I DESPISE a center mounted philips driver like that.  If you took the Handydman and replaced the small blade with an in line philips, or replaced the scissors with an in line philps and magnifying glass, this would be my PERFECT EDC SAK, but unfortuantely, I can only wish.  I dont know why, but I really like the magnifying glass hehe.

-Dough
W

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69