Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Kershaw Suffle clone by Mtech

us Offline King_Gorilla

Kershaw Suffle clone by Mtech
on: June 12, 2017, 10:36:14 PM
I put a post about this in the Mod section but it really felt like it could have just as easily gone here.   :D

I really liked the Kershaw Shuffle when I saw it.   I like the bottle opener and the pry tool/slotted driver/lanyard ring on the back of the tool. 
In general, I really like knives with one or two multi-tool functions that do not detract from the knife itself.

I bought this Mtech knife that is almost exactly the same but it has speed assisted flick opening blade!   I prefer the blade shape on the Mtech and it is a frame lock.  I ground down the lanyard part to make it function the same as the shuffle. 
I was hoping that the pocket clip would also work as a 1/4 inch driver but the holes are just a little too big.   :(
The pocket clip is really the biggest problem because it is such a pocket killer that I'm thinking about taking it off for good. 

The Shuffle, like most Kershaw knives, is not particularly expensive.  But this Mtech knife was $6.99 brand new from Amazon.  And I think its features make up for the difference in quality.   :D

* MTECH-BLACK-SILVER-Spring-Assisted-BOTTLE-OPENER-Folding.jpg (Filesize: 47.65 KB)
DSC_1394.JPG
* DSC_1394.JPG (Filesize: 85.73 KB)
DSC_1395.JPG
* DSC_1395.JPG (Filesize: 55.54 KB)

us Offline Zhenchok

Re: Kershaw Suffle clone by Mtech
Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 08:44:41 PM
Still not as good as the original.
“All human beings have three lives: public, private, and secret.” ― Gabriel García Márquez

us Offline Zhenchok

Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 08:44:58 PM
but then again, i never seen a good knockoff
“All human beings have three lives: public, private, and secret.” ― Gabriel García Márquez

us Offline King_Gorilla

Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 11:28:22 PM
but then again, i never seen a good knockoff
that's usually true, but you can't expect much from a $7 knife.  My roommate has the Shuffle.  This is really not that bad.  The quality difference is not that noticeable. 

:D

us Offline Zhenchok

Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 11:51:53 PM
Good point, sometimes spending a few bucks more goes a long way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline King_Gorilla

Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 08:30:17 PM
OK, strange ending to this story.

a few weeks ago I was informed that it was National Knife day and that some online retailers had sales going on.  I was able to pick up a real Kershaw Shuffle for just $3.99!  after tax and shipping, it was about the same as the M-tech. 

Naturally, the Kershaw is a better blade.  If I were to see both knives on a table and pick one up to use for any sort of cutting task, it wouldn't make much sense to pick up the M-tech.  Although I love the flipper design way better on the M-tech, it has a stupid "tip down" pocket clip that kind of ruins the flipper.  The Kershaw is made with better steel and it is more comfortable to hold and cut with.   :D

And then out of nowhere, comes a curve ball!      I grab a Mexican coke bottle and my brand new Shuffle and *SLIP*   *SLIP*  - *SLIP SLIP*  The integrated bottle opener is slipping off the cap without lifting it off the bottle!  With a bewildered look on my face, I grab the M-tech and it opens the bottle with no problem.  Upon close examination, I see that despite making a superior knife, Kershaw has neglected to put a proper angle on their bottle opener!   :cheers:  Look closely at the provided pictures and you will see the issue. 
After all this, the biggest selling point I had for buying this knife in the first place and the silly cheap M-tech knife does it better.    :rant: :rofl: :ahhh

Oh well. 
DSC_1550.JPG
* DSC_1550.JPG (Filesize: 134.21 KB)
DSC_1548.JPG
* DSC_1548.JPG (Filesize: 134.02 KB)
DSC_1546.JPG
* DSC_1546.JPG (Filesize: 125.72 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00