Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

River monsters ,edc

Zed · 12 · 1179

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
River monsters ,edc
on: June 13, 2017, 08:44:24 AM
Me and my daughter's love watching Jeremy wades River monsters, I was looking up what equipment he uses and found this interesting artical, of course he carries a wave  ;)
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.animalplanet.com/wild-animals/jeremy-wade-fishing-tools/&ved=0ahUKEwiTtaWqmrrUAhVILcAKHYcbBIUQFggeMAA&usg=AFQjCNGUJGQTWN6N1EFbmj7TQ057vQLELg&sig2=X6oUCkaHSV17xyZYNCUI2g

* jeremy-wade-fishing-tools0.jpg (Filesize: 20.91 KB)

* jeremy-wade-fishing-tools1.jpg (Filesize: 19.36 KB)

* jeremy-wade-fishing-tools3.jpg (Filesize: 14.93 KB)

* jeremy-wade-fishing-tools4.jpg (Filesize: 9.39 KB)

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: River monsters ,edc
Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 09:34:37 AM

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 01:24:15 PM
There is also a much more detailed thread on it here:

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,66210.0.html

I'm sad to see River Monsters is ending, but Jeremy Wade hints that there may be something else coming along to replace it.

Personally I am a very big fan of Jeremy Wade.  He not only knows his thing, but he presents it well.  Fishing shows for the most part are the kind of thing that are on Saturday and Sunday afternoons to fill airtime when no one is likely to be watching, and often hosted by guys that, well, let's say are not your typical well spoken, decently educated TV personality types.  Jeremy has bucked that trend and taken a fishing show mainstream with River Monsters, and never once have I seen him wearing overalls or scream "weeeeeeelllllll doggy, we gots us a fish!  SHAZAM!"

Nor was he the type to use insanely expensive boats, fish finders, laser guided lures or chemically enhanced, pheromone injected baits to catch trophy fish.

It was refreshing to see a "regular person" type guy using traditional methods and keeping his kit basic, but adequate for the task- except of course for that one time the ray snapped his carbon fiber rod like a twig, but then a 400 pound flat fish will do stuff like that.   :ahhh

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 03:56:48 PM
I tottaly agree Grant,most shows I watch are pretty boring  :-\ But Wade makes fishing more exciting,my girls love watching this show as much as me ,I'm still pretty new to the show so I'm going through the whole series , :salute: 
20170613_102623.jpg
* 20170613_102623.jpg (Filesize: 300.41 KB)

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 04:06:56 PM
Jeremy Wade and his style of presenting really got me into fishing. Now I'm hooked
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 05:35:43 PM
Jeremy Wade and his style of presenting really got me into fishing. Now I'm hooked

:facepalm:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 05:39:12 PM
About the only thing I don't care about on the show is the constant repetition, especially when it comes to the dramatizations.  If they cut out all of the clips that they show repeatedly, the episodes would only be six minutes long, so they always show this pygmy kid venturing into the water while Mom washes clothing near shore or prepares a meal in the hut not far away, then some patented Jaws angles of something sinister looking up at the kid, followed by water splashing, screaming, and then everything suddenly turning red.

I understand that they want to show the conditions surrounding the report that he is responding to, but come on.... we don't need to see it every three minutes of each episode.

Def

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 06:13:17 PM

Hooked  :rofl:  Me too  :D although I've got this fractured Ankle in hoping Angela takes me to my fishing spot tomorrow as really need to get out fishing,think I'll take one rod and lures and see what happens  :tu:

hr Offline styx

Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 08:45:42 PM

:facepalm:

Def

Just noticed the unintentional pun.

Hooked  :rofl:  Me too  :D although I've got this fractured Ankle in hoping Angela takes me to my fishing spot tomorrow as really need to get out fishing,think I'll take one rod and lures and see what happens  :tu:

So you could cut off your leg and you'd be fine to go fishing. But sneeze twice and you can't out the garbage. I think women might be catching on to our schemes ;)
Oh and happy fishing

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 09:03:34 PM
Breaking a leg is worse than breaking an arm.  If you break a leg, people still expect you to do the dishes but they don't ask if it's an arm.  If you break a leg you can't make a sandwich and carry it to the table to eat while sitting down because you need both hand for the crutches. 

I have said it before, but I hope you get better soon Paul.

Def

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 09:22:58 PM
Breaking a leg is worse than breaking an arm.  If you break a leg, people still expect you to do the dishes but they don't ask if it's an arm.  If you break a leg you can't make a sandwich and carry it to the table to eat while sitting down because you need both hand for the crutches. 

Def

Cheers Grant me too  :tu:

hr Offline styx

Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 09:39:46 PM

Def

Cheers Grant me too  :tu:

we can all learn from Def's evil genius ways

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%