Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Kids talking about joining military service,,

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Kids talking about joining military service,,
Reply #60 on: June 27, 2017, 06:01:43 PM
It's 12, :-\ err,,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #61 on: June 27, 2017, 07:54:44 PM
Well, no luck, the guy never showed.. the kid got a text like 20min "after" he was suppose to show saying that he is busy and will not be out today.. if anything I thought AF would be totally "on time" even if not showing up would have at least called/texted on time.. no?
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ie Offline eamo

• No Life Club
  • I have a small selection of disparate tools
Reply #62 on: June 27, 2017, 08:07:35 PM
Bummer, but on the plus side, time is on his side.
It is never too late to be what you might have been - George Eliot

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #63 on: June 27, 2017, 08:12:05 PM

It sure is.  Could a conference call suffice for the time being? 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #64 on: June 27, 2017, 08:14:23 PM
Well yeah, he's got a whole year, but he also works so finding the time to do so between him/recruit is going to make it less easy..
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #65 on: June 27, 2017, 08:18:02 PM

It sure is.  Could a conference call suffice for the time being?
That idk, I think today was suppose to be all about going over papers, I'm sure checking to see about the tattoos, and maybe a few free things and a free t-shirt :gimme:
JR

us Online LoopCutter

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #66 on: June 27, 2017, 09:29:46 PM
Is your son 18 yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #67 on: June 27, 2017, 09:40:58 PM
Is your son 18 yet?

Nope, turned 17 back in April.
JR

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #68 on: June 27, 2017, 10:59:34 PM
Well, no luck, the guy never showed.. the kid got a text like 20min "after" he was suppose to show saying that he is busy and will not be out today.. if anything I thought AF would be totally "on time" even if not showing up would have at least called/texted on time.. no?

Don't worry, that was just his first lesson in working for the Government.

If waiting 20 minutes for someone to say they're not coming was a trial - He's not going to enjoy a military career.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #69 on: June 27, 2017, 11:15:42 PM

Don't worry, that was just his first lesson in working for the Government.

If waiting 20 minutes for someone to say they're not coming was a trial - He's not going to enjoy a military career.
Now to do the same, but while standing at attention. :D
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #70 on: June 27, 2017, 11:43:32 PM
"Hurry up and wait" was our mantra...

us Online LoopCutter

Reply #71 on: June 27, 2017, 11:47:37 PM
That spills over into many aspects of life. 
If you are married it is standard operating procedure for my girls!

Hope yours is as good!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #72 on: June 28, 2017, 12:12:05 AM
That spills over into many aspects of life. 
If you are married it is standard operating procedure for my girls!

Oh so true with being married! Lol..
Early, na, on time, yeah..
If it's one thing I hate it's waiting! Like going to the kids docs office, being late and your wrong and you have to make a new appt. Yet showing up on time, and having to wait an hour before you get taken back, then having to wait another 30min is ok on their side..
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #73 on: June 29, 2017, 10:51:54 PM
Well, the son got an appt and we got a ride, and well he took the first step which is a pre-enlistment! He's got to fill that paperwork out and in a few weeks will be sworn in, it's not the big one(that's in a year) but it's the start to it! So I guess that's it, he's decided to join the Air Force!
JR
IMG_7778.PNG
* IMG_7778.PNG (Filesize: 197.89 KB)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 10:53:38 PM by MadPlumbarian »

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #74 on: June 29, 2017, 11:10:29 PM
Air Force it is. 

Congrats hes made a decision.  He's off to an amazing adventure and experience.       
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #75 on: June 29, 2017, 11:24:34 PM
Air Force it is. 

Well, not the first 7-1/2weeks, lol.. :rofl: but he's got a year to prepare for that! But yeah, I'm sure he'll have an adventure!
JR

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #76 on: June 29, 2017, 11:35:59 PM
Air Force it is. 

Well, not the first 7-1/2weeks, lol.. :rofl: but he's got a year to prepare for that! But yeah, I'm sure he'll have an adventure!
JR

He played football right?  If it was anything like what I put my kids thru when I coached then.......

Proud of him for deciding to serve our country.   :salute:

Lots of respect for him.  You both did a great job and I'm sure you both are very proud of your young man.
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #77 on: June 29, 2017, 11:52:47 PM
Air Force it is. 

JR

He played football right?  If it was anything like what I put my kids thru when I coached then.......

Proud of him for deciding to serve our country.   :salute:

Lots of respect for him.  You both did a great job and I'm sure you both are very proud of your young man.
Ty, and yes very proud, now if he would only clean that freaking room :whistle:
JR

Oh and yeah, he went through the football training, and pushed to the part where things come up..
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 11:55:45 PM by MadPlumbarian »

us Online LoopCutter

Reply #78 on: June 30, 2017, 12:28:16 AM
You should be proud.  Momma too?

He will now have to remain focus in last year of school and get a chance to determine his interest. 

Congratulation to all! Even little bro.

Hope yours is as good!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #79 on: June 30, 2017, 01:27:34 AM
You should be proud.  Momma too?

He will now have to remain focus in last year of school and get a chance to determine his interest. 

Congratulation to all! Even little bro.

Momma? Oh yeah, but she's going to be a water fountain even for this first pre-signing. To top that off she really hasn't been away from him that much, I mean yeah school or work or time she's been in the hosp, but he's only spent a few weeks of time away from home! And all that time he/she's been able to call. So that's kinda got me worried! Oh heck I gotta see if I can find the pic of her letting his brother on the bus for the first time, lol

Oh and little bro, lol.. I think he's going to be in heaven for the first couple of days or weeks but then become kinda odd, then sad missing him. Lol
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #80 on: June 30, 2017, 01:34:46 AM
Lol, here's the little guys first day, she had to make sure everything was ok, checked him out and then he got on the bus, and as soon as that door shut, :cry:
JR
IMG_7780.PNG
* IMG_7780.PNG (Filesize: 146.97 KB)
IMG_7779.PNG
* IMG_7779.PNG (Filesize: 165.76 KB)

ca Offline JP

Reply #81 on: June 30, 2017, 01:34:58 AM
Does the Air Force enlist 5 and 7year olds that won't get to sleep?!

Congratulations! Your son has a goal to work towards and to keep him out of trouble.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #82 on: June 30, 2017, 01:41:33 AM
Does the Air Force enlist 5 and 7year olds that won't get to sleep?!

Congratulations! Your son has a goal to work towards and to keep him out of trouble.

:rofl:
Lol, I tried using that against him looooong ago when they wouldn't go to sleep, telling them I would hand them over!

Oh oh, but here's a good one! We kept saying to him that we were going to trade him in for a newer model, well, when it was time to have the little guy, he lost it, he was letting the water flow, and we asked him what's wrong? You should be happy, your getting a little brother! *sniff sniff* your trading me in.. omg we lost it :rofl: :rofl:
JR

ca Offline JP

Reply #83 on: June 30, 2017, 01:43:07 AM
lol. My parents were going to sell me to the Gypsy's....or the circus....but neither would take me.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #84 on: June 30, 2017, 02:31:44 AM
lol. My parents were going to sell me to the Gypsy's....or the circus....but neither would take me.

Lol..
JR

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #85 on: June 30, 2017, 08:19:52 AM

Aw man.   :rofl:
Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #86 on: June 30, 2017, 03:47:08 PM
First off, there are a lot worse decisions your son could make than joining the Air Force.  Congratulations to him, and to you I say excellent job, raising him properly.  The thing about the tattoos, well, I have an opinion on that but I won't bother saying it here as it's not really constructive.  What I will say is, if they do cause problems for him, we live in an age where they aren't permanent, and he always has that choice.

Next up, I think military service is a damned good idea, especially in these days when military service is looked upon as a good thing.  He will get training, discipline and an education, plus the potential for seeing parts of the world outside of his own, and that is invaluable experience on it's own, uniform or not.

As for cleaning his room, well, the Air Force will help with that too.   >:D

What you need to do is recognize the opportunity that he has been given and start to help his transition into the military lifestyle- might I suggest setting an alarm for 5am, bursting into his room, throwing his sneakers and a pair of shorts at him and telling him he has five minutes to get dressed before his run begins?  Then, if he hasn't emerged within five minutes you go after him with a water bottle- preferably one kept in the fridge so it's nice and cold.  Tell him he doesn't come home until he has tracked five miles- use his cell phone as proof.

As fun as that will be the first day, just wait till you see him jump the second day when you open the door!   >:D

After a week you can go back to sleeping in, knowing full well that he's going to be doing it all himself.  It's one of the few times in life where you get to be as evil as you want, and be rewarded for it- and there's no rule about enjoying it.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #87 on: June 30, 2017, 06:21:53 PM
First off, there are a lot worse decisions your son could make than joining the Air Force.  Congratulations to him, and to you I say excellent job, raising him properly.  The thing about the tattoos, well, I have an opinion on that but I won't bother saying it here as it's not really constructive.  What I will say is, if they do cause problems for him, we live in an age where they aren't permanent, and he always has that choice.

Next up, I think military service is a damned good idea, especially in these days when military service is looked upon as a good thing.  He will get training, discipline and an education, plus the potential for seeing parts of the world outside of his own, and that is invaluable experience on it's own, uniform or not.

As for cleaning his room, well, the Air Force will help with that too.   >:D

What you need to do is recognize the opportunity that he has been given and start to help his transition into the military lifestyle- might I suggest setting an alarm for 5am, bursting into his room, throwing his sneakers and a pair of shorts at him and telling him he has five minutes to get dressed before his run begins?  Then, if he hasn't emerged within five minutes you go after him with a water bottle- preferably one kept in the fridge so it's nice and cold.  Tell him he doesn't come home until he has tracked five miles- use his cell phone as proof.

As fun as that will be the first day, just wait till you see him jump the second day when you open the door!   >:D

After a week you can go back to sleeping in, knowing full well that he's going to be doing it all himself.  It's one of the few times in life where you get to be as evil as you want, and be rewarded for it- and there's no rule about enjoying it.

Def
Hey, everyone has there own opinion on tattoos, both the wife and I like them, so long as they can be "covered" with a simple piece of clothing! Hands, neck, and face is just pushing it too much, and he understands that! All of mine get covered with a short sleeve shirt "except" a medical alert one, which is on the lower part of my arm, it's kinda made to grab your attn, and it has worked, when I was in the hosp I actually got praised by every nurse and doc, even the emt's that brought me in.. and in my opinion if I can grab a medics attn without saying anything that's perfect, especially since I technically won't be there when anything happens.. so that's kinda got a use rather then just a pic,,
  But he's got to get into a swing, he's already up early for school or work, but working out and going for a run is something he needs to start, I kinda need to do the same! I hit an old number I haven't seen in a while, so I gotta do something so maybe I can use him to my advantage? So I got him for a year!
But thank you for your thoughts!
JR

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #88 on: June 30, 2017, 06:29:41 PM
Congrats on the big news !    :cheers: :tu:

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #89 on: July 01, 2017, 02:52:17 AM
Good stuff. If I were him I would try to learn a trade which can be easily transferred to the civilian world.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%