Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman has no warranty in Bulgaria !

bg Offline Kazaril

• AC / DC Tecnician
Leatherman has no warranty in Bulgaria !
on: June 16, 2017, 07:50:13 AM
Here is a copy of my email.
Please leave a comment !!!

LEATHERMAN HAS NO WARRANTY IN BULGARIA !!!
От:Димитър Димитров
До:info@leatherman.com
Hello,
Dear,  Leatherman

I wrote to you, about problem with your representitiv in Bulgaria.
(what i read in forums, it`s quite a regular attitude).

My friend Mr O'Neil, who is live in Bulgariq for 7 years, have some Leathermans ,
one of them - Charge TTi has problems and we send to your representitiv in Bulgaria - DIMS92,

problems with tool
1.Broken main blade
2.Diamond file - not usable
3. Pliers has on their tip about 3-5 mm тwisting, which leads to the tops of the peaks visible

After 10 days, (curier deliver the on 1st day) i recieve a call, from somebody, no name given who i speek with, the tone of conversation is not acceptable at all, on loud speek the man say:

Your tool has broken the main blade and the file - we repair them but you have to pay 40 leva, so in the future  LEATHERMAN  will send the parts we put on repair to restore them in the warehouse that I put in your tool!

we end the conversation, and i call him back and ask the plier problem:

- There is No.Problem! that is not covered by the warannty !!! The pliers are perfectly okay!
(see point 3 please - how that is not a problem, i see couple a videos in you tube, and every one with this problem is covered and change by the warranty)
end of quote

I`m a member of many forums for tool,s i read so many problems with this
representiv DIMS92 - simular cases diferent cases,
IN FACT DIMS92 is LEATHERMAN FOR BULGARIA it`s your face and who you are in our eyes !!!

I ask, where is your warranty, - i see videos of more damaged tool that was change for new one,
i see the tool send to repair and send back to customer brand new + new sheets !

WE ARE YOU LEATHERMAN ???

My dissapointmen in the moment is a BIG ONE, i`m own 7 of your tool, - full size most expensive ones, i bye aceesories for each one, and for what ? no warranty in Bulgaria. !!!

Dear, LEATHERMAN the real one ! America !

I whan`t tool to be change for brand new one !
(i was happy with repair but in this situation - i don`t whant repair tool anymore!)

Stay behind of your word's and warranty !

p.s.
THIS LETTER WILL BE POSTET IN MULTITOOL FORUM ONE OF BIGGEST IN THE WORLD.
Final Fantasy

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Leatherman has no warranty in Bulgaria !
Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 01:02:08 PM
This seems to be becoming more of a problem lately :facepalm:  Leatherman USA needs to get this sorted with their distributors :rant: I hope you can get this sorted Kazaril :tu:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 01:06:21 PM
Sometimes it makes me wonder if some of the dealers outside the US are a little dirty.
Nate

SEND IT!

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 03:21:50 PM
I believe NNR had problems there too, with a Style PS scissors I memory serves. This is not the first we have heard of problems in Bulgaria, and I thought that Leatherman were supposed to have done something about it.... but obviously not....

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 03:27:01 PM
I also hope you get this sorted Kazaril.  SInce Leatherman has distribution the by all means there shouldn't be these issues in any country selling their tools.  I don't know the solution but they are a big company that can at least have a hub to take care of those outside the US.   Now if thats the case already then can someone please direct Kazaril.  I feel your frustration and disappointment as fans of these great tools we expect the 25 year warranty no matter where we are and shipping the tool back to the US seems lame.   
Esse Quam Videri

bg Offline Kazaril

• AC / DC Tecnician
Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 07:58:26 PM
It`s 10 am in America and i hope to recieve answer today ...
Final Fantasy

il Offline israelpiper

Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 12:53:56 PM
I hope this works out for you. We have had a problem with slowness with Leatherman Israel, and Leatherman Oregon HQ has gotten involved with facilitating replacement, and even compensation in the form of another free tool. But mostly the store where the tool was purchased manages service problems with the Leatherman rep.  I agree they should be more seamless internationally with one service standard.

bg Offline Kazaril

• AC / DC Tecnician
Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 05:01:12 PM
Second day , no responce from leatherman USA
Final Fantasy

us Offline aluminated

Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 01:11:38 PM
Not to throw gasoline on this topic, but it never ceases to amaze me that people subject their belongings to use far beyond that which was intended and for which the item was designed, and when things go awry, expect somebody else (the manufacturer) to pay for the damages.
Busted blade, unusable file, twisted pliers: Tell me why that shouldn't scream "abuse" to me.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 04:07:08 PM
Not to throw gasoline on this topic, but it never ceases to amaze me that people subject their belongings to use far beyond that which was intended and for which the item was designed, and when things go awry, expect somebody else (the manufacturer) to pay for the damages.
Busted blade, unusable file, twisted pliers: Tell me why that shouldn't scream "abuse" to me.

There are those that buy broken tools and send into LM for warranty claims all the time.  I see broken tools at the flea market from time to time and wonder how many people buy them to do this.  I'm also aware that there are some that intentionally destroy a tool hoping to get the newer version or an upgrade.

This is not something many of us condone but would seem very difficult for LM to curb.     

That being said we cannot know if the OP tool was abused.  We do know that there seems to be issues with LMs warranty in certain parts of the world which needs rectifying.  Guys pay quite a bit more for their tools outside the US and IMO deserve the exact level of warranty we enjoy. 

No attack on you aluminated  :salute:.     
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 04:15:30 PM
I have tools that have that much flex in the pliers from use and I never abuse mine :pok: seems as though the OP has just been using it regularly to me (the only thing may be the broken blade :shrug: ) but it has gotten to the point that it isn't usable for him anymore :think: As long as he is the one to have done this to the tool I don't see why he shouldn't receive the same service for it as we do in the US :salute:

us Offline aluminated

Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 11:29:56 PM
...Busted blade, unusable file, twisted pliers: Tell me why that shouldn't scream "abuse" to me.
I have tools that have that much flex in the pliers from use and I never abuse mine :pok: seems as though the OP has just been using it regularly to me (the only thing may be the broken blade :shrug: ) but it has gotten to the point that it isn't usable for him anymore :think: As long as he is the one to have done this to the tool I don't see why he shouldn't receive the same service for it as we do in the US :salute:
That is exactly what I was asking for. Thanks for that.
I'll state the obvious again, tho' - before we go painting with a broad brush, we need to remember that there are a minimum of two sides to every story.

bg Offline Kazaril

• AC / DC Tecnician
Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 06:46:51 PM
Hello,
let`s give some gasoline to the theme.
1.broken main blade
I cut pieces of one very dry meat sosage '"italian salchilon" and for some reason twist the blade - blade is broken where is attach to handle, - there is very thick and strong place.
i leave open thinking how strong was matterial or something whrong with heat treating.

2.diamond file - i use to sharpen other letherman, i have 7 include surge, core, charge tti, charge alx, blast, ...
probably i sharpen 7-9 times and diamond coating start to dissapear ...

3.pliers there is probalu abuse from me i cut barb wire about 40-50 pieces and make a fense with them.

i make same abuse to mu ather tools and nothing happen they are in very good condition :)

problem is distributor ask mu 20 euro for future delivery of sometthing , not for repair in moment, and say that pliers are not cover by the warranty !!!

and this charge tti 2nd gen, is littel bit special , date on the handles is 11 11 and 11 11 for the left and right handle :)

p.s.
No answer from Leatherman - probably all go to vacation in the sea or something ...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 06:50:25 PM by Kazaril »
Final Fantasy

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: June 22, 2017, 09:57:08 PM
Tim Leatherman routinely cuts nails with his Charge so I think barbed wire would be ok to cut without expecting the pliers to misalign.

Blades aren't their strongest when twisted.  I'd still be pissed if my blade broke when cutting sausage. 

The diamond file will eventuality wear down.  This in my mind is neutral.

25 year warranty should cover 2 of 3 in my opinion.

EDITED.     
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 10:03:25 PM by Aloha007 »
Esse Quam Videri

bg Offline Kazaril

• AC / DC Tecnician
Reply #14 on: June 22, 2017, 10:01:05 PM
the Letherman Bulgaria give for 20 euro new blade and new file, i must search i think  i have a spare plier from charge ALx if i find it i put on charge

or i go mad and for 80 euro i bye rebar + wingman ans go rouge in mod charge with head of rebar and scissors :)
Final Fantasy

il Offline israelpiper

Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 08:44:04 PM
Leatherman has made it clear to us that we get the same warranty as in US.  Stores that managed taking warranty tools to service centre for their customers were charging 5 sheqel handling fee, about one dollar, and Leatherman frowned on that. Put pressure on the home office. They tend to very good customer service. Maybe Bulgaria is a small market, but still...

A certain famous gear/knife reviewer specifically mentioned buying a broken Leatherman at a military surplus store. The proprietor was wise to him and charged him assuming the customer would invoke the warranty. Shady business? Can Leatherman tell production year from the tool? Hmmm.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 08:45:05 PM by israelpiper »

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 09:38:42 PM
Leatherman has made it clear to us that we get the same warranty as in US.  Stores that managed taking warranty tools to service centre for their customers were charging 5 sheqel handling fee, about one dollar, and Leatherman frowned on that. Put pressure on the home office. They tend to very good customer service. Maybe Bulgaria is a small market, but still...

A certain famous gear/knife reviewer specifically mentioned buying a broken Leatherman at a military surplus store. The proprietor was wise to him and charged him assuming the customer would invoke the warranty. Shady business? Can Leatherman tell production year from the tool? Hmmm.

The month and year of manufacture is stamped into the inside of the handles on most Leatherman tools. There are exceptions; I know the Rebar doesn't have dates.

bg Offline Kazaril

• AC / DC Tecnician
Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 09:41:33 PM
how to put pressure, leatherman america not reply to my email i send 5 days ago !!!!
Final Fantasy

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #18 on: June 23, 2017, 10:11:32 PM
Try their Facebook page. That usually gets their attention.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #19 on: June 27, 2017, 02:30:37 AM
If you have no luck with Leatherman, please let me know.  I have contacts within the company I can try, and if all else fails, send me the tool and I will send it in to them for repair for you.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline aluminated

Reply #20 on: June 27, 2017, 04:29:12 AM
In my experience an old-fashioned telephone call is the best way to get the attention of a Customer Service department.

bg Offline Kazaril

• AC / DC Tecnician
Reply #21 on: June 27, 2017, 05:01:15 PM
If you have no luck with Leatherman, please let me know.  I have contacts within the company I can try, and if all else fails, send me the tool and I will send it in to them for repair for you.

Def

Tomorrow we see what the bg leatherman repair
Final Fantasy

bg Offline Kazaril

• AC / DC Tecnician
Reply #22 on: June 28, 2017, 04:10:14 PM
TODAY AFTER 20 DAYS I RECEIVE INSTRUMENT IN CONDITION -
HORRIBLE NOT REPAIR
 WITH CHANGE BLADE AND FILE - SECOND HAND -
AND THEY ASK FOR 20 EURO FOR THIS - SEE PICTURES PLEASE !!!
 YOUR REPRESENTITIV IN BULGARIA SAY THAT I SEND BACK THE INSTRUMENT
 AND THEY MAKE THE BLADE SHARP AND I PAY 20 EURO ,
 THE PROBLEMS ARE NOT COVERERD BY THE WARRANTY
AND MY TOOL BECAUSE IS BROCKEN HAS NO WARRANTY !!!
THE MAIN BLADE WHEN TRY TO FOLD IS BEND OT SIDE OF TOOL AND NOT CLOSE PROPERLY !!!
 AND FUNNY PART I PAY 200 EURO TO THIS FIRM FOR THE TOOL AND THEY SAY NO WARRANTY !!!
Final Fantasy

bg Offline Kazaril

• AC / DC Tecnician
Reply #23 on: June 28, 2017, 04:11:13 PM
I posted all of this in their facebook page and whaithing for the time difference and i make a call to america !!!
Final Fantasy

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #24 on: June 28, 2017, 05:07:29 PM
Good luck with this Kazaril :tu: Hope you can get something settled in your favor :salute:

bg Offline Kazaril

• AC / DC Tecnician
Reply #25 on: June 30, 2017, 03:21:01 PM
Everything is done. They repair all i ask for. Not possible to change by new. But in the moment my tool feel like new one.
Final Fantasy

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #26 on: June 30, 2017, 05:57:18 PM
Glad you finally got it sorted  :cheers:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #27 on: June 30, 2017, 05:58:02 PM
 :like:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline aluminated

Reply #28 on: June 30, 2017, 10:58:34 PM
Congratulations  :drink:

Offline mybabybook

Reply #29 on: September 15, 2017, 01:27:07 PM
how to put pressure, leatherman america not reply to my email i send 5 days ago !!!!
Same sh*t here. leatherman was very cooperative up until they gave me the coordinates to their distributor dims92. After they refused repair, acusing me of breaking my blade on purpose, i wrote to leatherman and got no answer for days now. I am going to write to them again, with a bit different tone, and lets see. I will also put quite "nice" comments in every forum and every video I find online, about their "excellent" customer support and how they stand behind this 25 year warranty.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%