Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Juice addiction

gb Offline Pattas29

New Juice addiction
on: June 16, 2017, 12:10:13 PM
So about a 2 weeks ago I decided I needed more juice in my life. I had a XE6 that got carried often but I wanted more options. Fast forward to today I have an XE6, 3 CS4's and a S2. I have another S2 and CS4 on the way.

Buuuuuuut I also finally have a KF4 on the way also so my question is just how good is the KF4. Alot of people say it was the best juice with the best tool set. Is that True?
Do people miss Scissors?
 :tu:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: New Juice addiction
Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 12:18:10 PM
Ive always had a love hate relationship with the juice range,ive had alot over the years starting with the kf4 ,after it bit me a few times with its drivers plus prefering scissors at that time I decided to trade it on,next was the s2 liked that model and would get another as a good urban edc,I had a purple xe6, now this model I miss and would love another one,these days I carry a older blue cs4 and it's a good model,but would swap it for a purple xe6 in a heartbeat  :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 12:52:18 PM
Can't wait to see some pics when they all get there :dd: :like: I see the Kf4 as a slimmed down Xe6 and if it had scissors instead of the serrated blade would have been better but it is a great MT nevertheless  :tu: :cheers: Congrats on getting all those as well :like:

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 02:50:30 PM
My rants against the Juice can be found repeatedly throughout the forum, and yet I own and use a KF4.

The KF4 has even handles (unlike the others), and the tool is a nice pocketable size (unlike the XE6). The pliers and serrated knife are good, and the diamond file is great. Despite still having some faults such as the stabby vicious drivers, the blunt (from the factory) awl, and the saw that so easily gets bent so it doesn't stow properly without assistance, it does dispense with the damn awful scissors, the can opener that doesn't, and the bottle chipping can opener assist.

Net result = tolerable

Its a good tool to pair with a Climber or Compact (or Climber Small in my case), when there is a slim chance of needing more than a Climber/Compact offers. I'm not as charitable as to say it's the "best" Juice, but it is by far the "least worst", and the only one I am now prepared to carry, but only when I am highly unlikely to need the screwdrivers, such as on a short hike.

In short, it's the only tolerable version of the tool I like to hate the most  :cheers:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

gb Offline Pattas29

Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 03:24:50 PM
My rants against the Juice can be found repeatedly throughout the forum, and yet I own and use a KF4.

The KF4 has even handles (unlike the others), and the tool is a nice pocketable size (unlike the XE6). The pliers and serrated knife are good, and the diamond file is great. Despite still having some faults such as the stabby vicious drivers, the blunt (from the factory) awl, and the saw that so easily gets bent so it doesn't stow properly without assistance, it does dispense with the damn awful scissors, the can opener that doesn't, and the bottle chipping can opener assist.

Net result = tolerable

Its a good tool to pair with a Climber or Compact (or Climber Small in my case), when there is a slim chance of needing more than a Climber/Compact offers. I'm not as charitable as to say it's the "best" Juice, but it is by far the "least worst", and the only one I am now prepared to carry, but only when I am highly unlikely to need the screwdrivers, such as on a short hike.

In short, it's the only tolerable version of the tool I like to hate the most  :cheers:

Ha ha wow. I think I will like it the best for its toolset and because it will compliment my compact well.
I have owned and sold or traded so many Juice models now it is quite funny but this will be the first time with my hands on the KF4. I think with the even handles will instantly make it my favourite. Not that I have OCD or anything  :think:
They will all end up getting moved on as I know what I am like. But they will be fun to have a play with first.

All of them par 1 ar the old versions with the longer blade.

ru Offline wowaboro

Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 04:41:13 PM
I also finally have a KF4 on the way also so my question is just how good is the KF4. Alot of people say it was the best juice with the best tool set. Is that True?
Do people miss Scissors?
For me best Juice with best tool set is SC2. Lightweight and thin like S2 or C2 but with corkscrew and scissors together.
SX - lightweight, but tool set only for surfers :D
KF4, CS4, XE6, Pro - too thick and heavy for EDC. 

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 07:51:38 AM
I also finally have a KF4 on the way also so my question is just how good is the KF4. Alot of people say it was the best juice with the best tool set. Is that True?
Do people miss Scissors?
For me best Juice with best tool set is SC2. Lightweight and thin like S2 or C2 but with corkscrew and scissors together.
SX - lightweight, but tool set only for surfers :D
KF4, CS4, XE6, Pro - too thick and heavy for EDC. 

The s2 I personaly found the better edc carry ,although I carry a cs4 now most days and find it ok in my pocket,but then I carried a swisschamp on a dangler in my pocket for years with no issues  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%