Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Why don't they make them?

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Why don't they make them?
on: June 18, 2017, 02:57:22 AM
There's a number of replacement parts I wonder why Vic doesn't make.

108mm Saw Covers. Sure the 108mm line was retired in 2003, but people are still losing the saw covers. I was lucky that a member here had one when I got a GAK that was missing that part.   I don't even carry my GAK that much because of that, and when I do, I typically leave the saw cover at home.

Scissor springs, both single leaf and bent for older knives. They're available in the scissor repair kit, but not individually.

Metal headed tweezers, because on older knives, plastic headed ones just don't look as good, and finding original ones intact with their scale tools isn't easy.

Short Tweezers, typically used on models with the LCD.

Wenger Toothpick and Tweezers, and scales. When the Delemonts came out after Vic phased out Wenger, they went to Vic scale tools.   They're still pretty easy to find, but the stock is going to dry up.

And finally, more widespread availability of parts like scales, instead of only making them available to authorized dealers.  They should be available everywhere Vics are sold.

us Offline nmpops

• Retired LEO
Re: Why don't they make them?
Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 04:11:30 AM
+1 and Amen
Perception is reality

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 05:18:34 AM
Amen X 1000

Especially those aluminum tipped tweezers... but then all the schemers would throw them in every pre-85 SAK and call it vintage.

and the Wenger scale tools....  ::)

Btw,  lmk if I can help you find anything,No promises, but I know somebody who knows somebody.    :cheers: :salute:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 05:19:59 AM
Oh, and to answer your question - it has nothing to do with profits or cost-effectiveness - it's just they don't want us to run out of thread topics.

:D
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

es Offline koke

Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 11:15:17 AM
Good point. I agree with you.

I would like to add to the list old battery doors in every color variation that the scales were produced.
My first knife was a black Swisslite, and I lost the battery door. After many years without cover, I finally found a red one.
I'm still looking for a black one.

Koke

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 12:17:42 PM
Right on!!!
Barry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!