Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The American Dream?

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Re: The American Dream?
Reply #30 on: June 22, 2017, 08:56:35 AM

That's true, but in my opinion this goes for the entire planet ...

Well, politicians will be politcians, 99% of them only care for one thing, ... themselves.  It's like that in Africa, it's the same in Europe,  and it's the same in the U.S.

And yes, we've had our share of wars over here, but again, the same can be said about the U.S. and others.  If you want to move to a continent that hasn't seen a war, I guess you're going to need some warm clothing.

Could not agree more  :salute:

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: June 22, 2017, 09:00:51 AM
A decade or longer ago I had my African dream. After retiring, I was going to build a small farm in the south of Africa, but it doesn't seem very attractive anymore. On the other hand, it seems I won't need to move to Africa for the climate, as the climate is moving this way.

You had a lucky escape for sure.........I hope the school fees weren't too expensive  :facepalm:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #32 on: June 22, 2017, 04:47:49 PM
You mentioned Chris Reeve.  What makes him stand out in particular are his innovations.  I would also believe he's tenacious.  I don't know his life story but I do know with the internet this big world has "gotten smaller".   I'm sure you've got plenty of ideas swirling in your head regarding knife making. 

Seems like a great time to set the course on your innovations.  I like to think ( maybe dream ) that geography has little to do with someone who has wonderful ideas ready to set their industry on fire. 

I don't know how many well known knife makers there are in your neck of the woods.  I'd like to think you could be one who would set yourself apart of the herd especially if there are few. 

Whats different about setting up full time shop in your area vs packing up and starting new somewhere else?  Would it be possible to relocate to a different part of your country?  Stumbling in a familiar area is less of an issue that stumbling a whole new environment, IMO. 

Make some kick ass knives and they buyers will come to you.  The internet is rife with opportunities for those who have great hand crafted items for sale.

Maybe its the dreamer in me.       

Esse Quam Videri

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #33 on: June 22, 2017, 04:52:56 PM
You mentioned Chris Reeve.  What makes him stand out in particular are his innovations.  I would also believe he's tenacious.  I don't know his life story but I do know with the internet this big world has "gotten smaller".   I'm sure you've got plenty of ideas swirling in your head regarding knife making. 

(...)

Nope, that's Spyderco...

:whistle:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: June 22, 2017, 05:20:58 PM

(...)

Nope, that's Spyderco...

Shows what I know.
Esse Quam Videri

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #35 on: June 22, 2017, 05:36:55 PM

(...)

Nope, that's Spyderco...

Shows what I know.

Shows how much my posts are important and helpful...

:facepalm:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: June 22, 2017, 05:39:15 PM
 :salute:
Esse Quam Videri

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #37 on: June 22, 2017, 05:40:44 PM
 :cheers: :tu:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD