Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Todays random thought 2: How bad do you want it?

Offline stugumby

Todays random thought 2: How bad do you want it?
on: June 24, 2017, 05:40:10 PM
Everyone has their "I must have it" list so heres mine:
1. Boker Cop tool, have been obsessing over this for 2 years, just cant seem to go there yet, have no legitimate use for it, just must have it.
2. Boker Mini bar pry tool, currently drooling daily over it, have the funds, just cant click to make it happen, what would I use it for? Already have several mini pry tools that are same thing just different.
3. Victorinox Swisstool with new style blade on the serrated blade, priority drooling here, in the "one of these days" list.
4. leatherman Juice S2 in older model in storm grey, stooped drooling because it was dehydrating me.
4. leatherman Skeletool with plain edge blade, currently bidding on E Bay, will get outbid at last minute as always, classic "how bad do you want it scenario".
6 Victorinox Jumpmaser, unable to drool or dream, must take medication to control urges...

us Offline Dean51

• No Life Club
  • Geometry cuts but the steel determines how long.
Re: Todays random thought 2: How bad do you want it?
Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 06:37:42 PM
Everyone has their "I must have it" list so heres mine:
1. Boker Cop tool, have been obsessing over this for 2 years, just cant seem to go there yet, have no legitimate use for it, just must have it.
2. Boker Mini bar pry tool, currently drooling daily over it, have the funds, just cant click to make it happen, what would I use it for? Already have several mini pry tools that are same thing just different.
3. Victorinox Swisstool with new style blade on the serrated blade, priority drooling here, in the "one of these days" list.
4. leatherman Juice S2 in older model in storm grey, stooped drooling because it was dehydrating me.
4. leatherman Skeletool with plain edge blade, currently bidding on E Bay, will get outbid at last minute as always, classic "how bad do you want it scenario".
6 Victorinox Jumpmaser, unable to drool or dream, must take medication to control urges...

I stay on medication.  ;)

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 05:59:47 AM
I've been dreaming  :dd: of a Spirit XBS, but at this time it's just a dream, can't even drool.  Want an official Dutch Army issue with cap crimper even more, just another pipe dream gone up in smoke for now. :(  We need a "tear in my beer" emoji  :rofl: gota finde something to laugh about.
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 06:20:58 AM
Plierench Ratcheting plier omnitool.  They were only made for a year or two in the mid 50's .  I've seen photos, but I have never seen one in person.   I don't even know if I could afford it, but I would at least like the opportunity.
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 08:36:39 AM
Plierench Ratcheting plier omnitool.  They were only made for a year or two in the mid 50's .  I've seen photos, but I have never seen one in person.   I don't even know if I could afford it, but I would at least like the opportunity.

Not a tool I'm familiar with (no surprise there).  Got a link to the photos ?
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 04:32:20 AM

Here's a page with the patent.

http://www.papawswrench.com/vboard/index.php?topic=14210.30

Photo upper right corner.
http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/buswrench/media/bWVkaWFJZDo3ODA5Mjg5Nw==/?ref=

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 05:00:11 AM by Yadda »
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 02:51:32 PM

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/buswrench/media/bWVkaWFJZDo3ODA5Mjg5Nw==/?ref=

Well, now I know what they look like I will definitely let you know if I ever see one  :tu:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 05:06:54 PM
Well I would drool over a black farmer X (this still sounds wrong somehow...  :facepalm:) if it existed and I do drool over syph007 mods (fieldmaster would do nicely) especially if he pulls of his latest trick to include scale tools. And while I might be able to afford the first one, it does not exist. The latter is currently out of my budget due to me being an idiot with my finances. So drooling it is...

:D

There is no magic therefore gadgets!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 05:21:25 PM
Part of me is too patient over wanting it badly enough.  Part of me is too damn frugal ( cheap to some ).  The other parts are that I rationalize too much.  I'll mull it over and over then decide its not that important.  I'm often I'm over it in a few days so even if I wanted something badly enough I usually have a cooking off period.  In most cases that cooling off period is enough for me to forget about it. 
Esse Quam Videri

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 04:06:52 AM
Part of me is too patient over wanting it badly enough.  Part of me is too damn frugal ( cheap to some ).  The other parts are that I rationalize too much.  I'll mull it over and over then decide its not that important.  I'm often I'm over it in a few days so even if I wanted something badly enough I usually have a cooking off period.  In most cases that cooling off period is enough for me to forget about it.

I'm a natural procrastinator, so waiting for a while to see if I really do want some non-essential item is easy.  Like you, I often decide I don't really want it that badly anyway, so then I move on.   :tu:

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 04:45:21 AM

I need every pair of eyes I can get.  :salute: :tu:

Well, now I know what they look like I will definitely let you know if I ever see one  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%