Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox US Customer Service - Retired Alox Repair

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
I've been emailing Vic customer service regarding replacing the awl on a 77 Soldier.  Then I thought,  I might as well get a couple others repaired while I'm at it, including an OC green Pioneer Settler and a couple non-sentimental Celli's. I included in my message that I did not mind paying for the repairs and just wanted the knives in good working condition.  Started at the website, directed to Monroe, Connecticut.    I've confirmed with the very helpful gentleman, Alfred, twice now that these knives are vintage alox that are sentimental to me and do no wish to have them replace.    Alfred stated that they could handle these repairs stateside and to include a note with each knife that is sentimental.

I'm going to do it. I've got a paper trail and a healthy confidence in Vic.

Fingers crossed.
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Re: Victorinox US Customer Service - Retired Alox Repair
Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 09:04:39 PM
Sounds like you have all your ducks in a row. Most suggest sending them home to Switzerland for these situations but given the shipping cost it can be a real pain. Seems like the USA guys should be perfectly proficient and handle it well. Let us know how it goes.
I'm the milk man!

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 09:19:12 PM
I didn't think they had the alox riveting machines in the US.  Curious to see what happens.

PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 11:36:04 PM
I didn't think they had the alox riveting machines in the US.  Curious to see what happens.

That's a interesting point. Didn't think about that.  :think:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 12:39:19 AM
Maybe they decided to invest in one last time they checked the number of posts the SAK forum... :think: :D
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

gb Offline zr0dfx

Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 10:41:50 PM
I have just sent a GAK to distributors here in the UK, they said they might need to send it to Switzerland and I should provide a note with it and let them know if it is sentimental and if it is which bits not to replace.

They also said they might be a charge on £9.98 which I am happy to pay if ask too.

I am very confident that they willl get it sorted :)  :climber:

Have you head anything back about yours el corky? They did say it could be 8-10 weeks I if it needs to get to Switzerland.  :ahhh

:cheers:

gb Offline daverobson

Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 11:10:54 PM
2 years ago I sent a GAK & a Wenger Soldier to Burton McCall (UK Distributors).

They sent them to Switzerland for the repairs, there was no charge but it took 3 months before they returned! :ahhh

gb Offline zr0dfx

Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 11:38:58 PM
 :ahhh  :ahhh  :ahhh

I am not to worried about the timescale as long as it gets sorted, that's the most important thing to me.  :salute:

I take it you were pleased with the knives when they were eventually returned?

I bet there are only a few speSmurfpillst knife repairers @ victorinox hq and they always have a massive back log.

:cheers:

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 02:01:19 AM by zr0dfx »

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 12:18:24 AM
Hope everything turns out well and quickly mate  :cheers:

About sending stuff to Vic (factory, Switzerland) for repairs, well... these days here in Europe it may take a while, we're talking 2/3 months average from what i was told... Yes their backlog is very big as far as i was told at Vic rep (national importer) over here.
I drooped off one of my Super Tinkers for repairs i believe in November 2016, i was only due to be send to Switzerland on the third week of January, the last time i went to the rep was maybe in May 2017 and it still wasn't returned. They still haven't called me to pick it up, so i don't know if they forgot or if it still hasn't arrived. I admit i'm not very bothered and haven't called them either as i have dozens of sak's but still... it's a bit exaggerated so long...

But since drooping the sak for repairs is what got my foot on the door in the first time, to go there from time to time and buy scales and all kind of parts for very cheep, i'm ok ... >:D
That way i always have an excuse when ever i go there, to ask for my sak, and... in a meanwhile.... "I would also like to buy some part's i need, pleeease...."  :D >:D >:D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 12:27:28 AM by MacGyver »
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

gb Offline zr0dfx

Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 12:25:29 AM
If it were me I would definitely be chasing it up by now  :ahhh that's almost a year!  :ahhh

:pok: where is my SAK.

I am sure if will turn out ok in the end but I would be lying if I said your post hasn't concerned me 😮

Sorry El Corkscrew I have totally hijacked this thread
 :oops:

gb Offline daverobson

Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 12:35:09 AM
I take it you were pleased with the knives when they were eventually returned?

No complaints at all, they did an excellent repair job on both.
The only trouble was that they were sent to Ibach at the worst time.
I think the entire factory was closed for the summer holidays, no repairs done for a couple of weeks & the back log built up. :ahhh

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #11 on: August 08, 2017, 01:34:29 AM
No worries at all, I've just been lazy. I haven't even sent it off yet.  Attention. Directed to other things.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%