Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Differences between Charge models?

Offline Smudge

Differences between Charge models?
on: June 05, 2018, 11:41:11 AM
I am in the market for a Charge. However, I noticed on LM’s website that there are a few different models obviously with different prices.  Specifically, the Charge Plus is $30 less than the Charge Plus TTI. What are the major differences between these two models and other Charge models?  Even the Plus for $139 in a little more than I want to spend. Any chance that that model will go on sale at some point?  Thanks for any help!

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Re: Differences between Charge models?
Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 11:46:33 AM
Charge has aluminium handle plates, 154CM plain edge blade and no gut hook on the serrated blade or cap crimper on the pliers.
Charge TTi has titanium handles, S30V plain edge blade and comes with the gut hook and cap crimper
Plus models add replaceable cutters to the pliers - they use a variant of the Rebar pliers.

If you want to spend less, go for the non-Plus models or the Wave.  The prices will probably come down at some point, but the Plus models have only just been released.

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 01:22:13 PM
The Charge AL Prep Kit gives you the best bang for your buck if you can look pass the old pliers head design. The Charge Plus is actually on sale for $111.96, which is under "Heritage Charge +" tag.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 01:25:52 PM by chrono »

us Offline italophil

Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 10:13:45 PM

Plus models add replaceable cutters to the pliers - they use a variant of the Rebar pliers.

The aluminum Charge+ also has the gut hook on the serrated blade, just like the TTi

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 10:54:41 PM
So it does. :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 08:01:44 PM
this might help you make a decision  :tu:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%