Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Change in plans, no more custom SAK

Offline DoughDTD

• One is never enough!
Change in plans, no more custom SAK
on: October 18, 2008, 09:09:10 PM
LoL I got a little too excited on the last topic and I might have rushed into it a bit! :oops: :D
I think I found some great combos, tell me what you guys think.

I'm gonna pair up my Swisstool Spirit S with an Explorer Plus...this is gonna be a bit of a bulky combonation, and I think a Yeoman would be a MUCH better choice (too bad its so rare!)

Then, I know the SwissChamp is aweseome, but I can't justify spending 20 extra bucks on the SwissChamp rather than the Champ Plus just for the addition of a crappy pair of pliers.  So, I think I'm gonna also get a Champ Plus, and pair that with my Leatherman Skeletool CX!

What do you guys think of that, one is mainly plier multitool, with a back up SAK, and the other is mainly a SAK with a backup plier multitool!

-Dough
W

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Re: Change in plans, no more custom SAK
Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 09:31:57 PM
I like the combo of a Multitool ( either a Spirit of Swisstool ) and a Alox Soldier but need to have at least a classic nearby for the toothpick and tweezers .

Dunc

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 10:54:32 PM
LoL I got a little too excited on the last topic and I might have rushed into it a bit! :oops: :D
I think I found some great combos, tell me what you guys think.

I'm gonna pair up my Swisstool Spirit S with an Explorer Plus...this is gonna be a bit of a bulky combonation, and I think a Yeoman would be a MUCH better choice (too bad its so rare!)

Then, I know the SwissChamp is aweseome, but I can't justify spending 20 extra bucks on the SwissChamp rather than the Champ Plus just for the addition of a crappy pair of pliers.  So, I think I'm gonna also get a Champ Plus, and pair that with my Leatherman Skeletool CX!

What do you guys think of that, one is mainly plier multitool, with a back up SAK, and the other is mainly a SAK with a backup plier multitool!

-Dough

Crappy?!?!  :o  They are FAR from crappy.

IMO, because of the bluntish nose on the Spirit the pliers on the Swisschamp are really handy for intricate work.
I'm back!!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 12:00:58 AM
Don't discount the mod route to quickly, they're great fun and you know you're getting something a bit special.  That said, why not look at getting a Yeoman made up?  I just did one up today and it's a great knife. (Unfortunately I'm giving the Yeoman away as a Christmas gift but I might have to do one for myself).
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline revolvergeek

Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 01:29:51 AM
SAK mods aren't really that expensive in the grand scheme of things. I have had a bunch done up and consider them all money well spent. I carry a Stayglow Abrasive Yo-Man that Scibeer made for me that adds a file and a saw to a Yoeman. I also have a black Scientist that he made for me that I carry on dressy days. There is a great joy in owning an afforable custom knife made just for you to your specifications.

I think that I would go the Champion and Skeletool combo myself. FYI if you aren't aware; Amazon has a great deal on the Champion Plus right now. $30 with free shipping (I think) ...

us Offline cgjones

Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 05:30:23 AM
I'm with Dunc here. I carry an Alox Classic, a Pioneer and a SwissTool. These three cover pretty much anything I've ever run into.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD
18%