Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Bought my first SOG (Powerlock)

Offline Toolcacher

Bought my first SOG (Powerlock)
on: February 13, 2007, 01:02:39 AM
I had a little extra money in my pocket today and picked up a SOG Powerlock at Lowes today. The first thing I noticed was the silky smooth way it opens. It really feels like a quality tool. The assortment of tools is first rate and the geared pliers really grip hard with little effort. I think I'm going to like this tool.

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Re: Bought my first SOG (Powerlock)
Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 01:15:35 AM
I think we're going to have to ban posts about people buying Powerlocks.  So far, I've been able to resist buying one.  More posts like this though, and I might have to get one!  :)
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 01:47:29 AM
I had a little extra money in my pocket today and picked up a SOG Powerlock at Lowes today. The first thing I noticed was the silky smooth way it opens. It really feels like a quality tool. The assortment of tools is first rate and the geared pliers really grip hard with little effort. I think I'm going to like this tool.

The compound leverage pliers are great...It's like you're twice as strong.  I wish the nut gripper teeth were sharper; they are kind of rounded :-\

I'm gonna go look at the pics of the new Powerlock and see if that section has been changed..
[

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 05:14:51 PM
I have the powerlock EOD in black.  I liket the tool very much.  However, I have to say that I do not like the blade.  It is too flimsy.  My blade has a little bend in it I dont know if it arrived in my possession that way or I bent it.  It works but I have a tendency to lean toward thicker blades on my tools and knives.

us Offline Gryffin

• Multi-Talented
Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 04:00:20 AM
I have the powerlock EOD in black.  I liket the tool very much.  However, I have to say that I do not like the blade.  It is too flimsy.  My blade has a little bend in it I dont know if it arrived in my possession that way or I bent it.  It works but I have a tendency to lean toward thicker blades on my tools and knives.

Time was, I'd agree with you. Heck, it's the main reason I retired my beloved Leatherman PST for a Wave when it came out, many years back now.

But these days, I'm rarely without a "real" knife, either a lock-blade folder or slipjoint (and usually both!) in addition to a multi, so to me, the knife on a multitool is there as a back-up only.  In fact, while I prefer plain-edged blades on my knives, I'm getting to prefer serrated blades on my multitools, just in case I need serrations.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%