Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAK pocketclip

tonyg · 10 · 1245

Offline tonyg

SAK pocketclip
on: July 07, 2017, 03:19:38 AM
Anyone here ever mod a 91mm SAK with a (homemade) pocket clip that was attached by anchoring it in the toothpick slot with some sort of epoxy?  Does this sound practical?  Or am I missing something?

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Re: SAK pocketclip
Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 03:26:10 AM
You may be on to something here  :salute:
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 04:26:04 AM
 :like:

just remember that the scales can come off,  not sure if the torque on the clip would be beyond the tolerances of the scale attachment system.

I do see some great possibilities with this approach, especially on thinner SAKs.
If I can help, let me know 

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 04:49:33 AM
:like:

just remember that the scales can come off,  not sure if the torque on the clip would be beyond the tolerances of the scale attachment system.

I do see some great possibilities with this approach, especially on thinner SAKs.
As long as the clip wasn't to tight to the body or thick stock material, plus the epoxy may help as well.  :tu:
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

Offline tonyg

Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 01:26:08 PM
I'm no modder, but it seems like it would have to be made from spring steel, which I'm not sure where you'd get, and also, what spring steel is like to work with.  Also, it would have to have a few tricky bends in it to get it parallel with the scales.  Might be easier to use the tweezers slot in order to stay away from the corkscrew or phillips, but I'd rather give up the toothpick.  Why don't one of you REAL modders come up with a prototype, and if it works, you could make 'em and sell 'em to the Not-so-talented.  I know I'd buy one.

us Offline Wallace72

Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 03:12:27 PM
I'm no modder, but it seems like it would have to be made from spring steel, which I'm not sure where you'd get, and also, what spring steel is like to work with.  Also, it would have to have a few tricky bends in it to get it parallel with the scales.  Might be easier to use the tweezers slot in order to stay away from the corkscrew or phillips, but I'd rather give up the toothpick.  Why don't one of you REAL modders come up with a prototype, and if it works, you could make 'em and sell 'em to the Not-so-talented.  I know I'd buy one.

An old jigsaw blade that is then ground down is a suitable steel as long as you anneal it before bending.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 08:53:36 PM
A suspension clip can do the same job, attached to the lanyard ring.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 01:44:16 AM
I did a little something on my sak, there not the plastic 91 scales, but fig maybe give you an idea.. I used nite ize pocket clips, they do have a diff one that is plastic and might work better being lighter weight, just remember like detron said those scale do just pop off!
JR
IMG_6821.PNG
* IMG_6821.PNG (Filesize: 157.97 KB)
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Offline Gforcejames

Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 11:45:28 PM

Offline mbp

Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 05:55:23 PM
This method would concern me due to the relative ease with which cellidor scales can be removed.

I think the best method of adding a pocket clip to a cellidor scale model is a P7 clip on the keyring.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%