Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Oh, idk what to call it, soon to be proud of the little guy?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Oh, idk what to call it, soon to be proud of the little guy?
Reply #30 on: July 12, 2017, 11:35:36 PM
Ok, kids packed, well 98% of it. Moms bdays tomorrow, so no time, then Friday his Boy Scout buddy is spending the day/night, so again no time so had to do it today. Only thing left is to toss in a pillow and then they get to take a bike, which he'll ride to where they leave, poor mom :( she's not going to have her little boy for a whole week! I had to toss in my emergency poncho, no one believed me I had one, but I opened my bag looked around and sure enough, a cheap bright orange poncho! Still got my heavy duty 55gal trash bags tucked away in a ziplock.. guess I should go put my bag away..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #31 on: July 13, 2017, 01:54:17 AM
Sounds like he's all set  :tu: :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #32 on: July 13, 2017, 02:14:49 AM
Sounds like he's all set  :tu: :tu:
Just downtime, the one thing I ABSOLUTELY hate! I kinda wish I was going, I mean just to watch would be so cool, hell if he was ziplining I might take the opportunity of throwing him off of whatever :whistle: lol
I'm going to have to take a pic of him with the pack, and of course one of him in uniform :D
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #33 on: July 15, 2017, 02:42:09 PM
Today's the day, we have to leave in 45 35min to walk down to the leaders place where they leave from and will be gone for the next week!
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: July 15, 2017, 05:19:33 PM
And their off! They put all bags, bikes, and other stuff in a trailer and all kids in diff vans and GO!
Here's a pic of him and his best friend, the one who wanted him to join, and how they roll,,
JR
IMG_8042.PNG
* IMG_8042.PNG (Filesize: 289.69 KB)
IMG_8040.PNG
* IMG_8040.PNG (Filesize: 271.03 KB)

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #35 on: July 15, 2017, 06:29:49 PM
The adventure begins !    :like: :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: July 15, 2017, 09:37:49 PM
Ahhhh, were home! The little guy took off with the troop by 10:30, then we had to go to the hosp because of the older kid, had a MRI appt, 3-1/2hrs for just one simple test!
Now, where's the peace and quiet from the little guy taking off? I think it's louder since the older ones got his radio jacked, maybe it will be nice when he goes to work tomorrow?

Oh, get this, not only did the little guy get a cot, but also an air mattress! This is camping right? :think:
JR

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #37 on: July 15, 2017, 10:38:40 PM
Can't beat a bit of comfort when ya go camping  :tu:

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #38 on: July 15, 2017, 11:49:25 PM
I hope he has a blast.  :)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #39 on: July 19, 2017, 02:47:02 AM
Update,,

Just got a pic sent, idk what caliber it is probably a .22, but I must say his camo skills are top notch! :whistle: I think he's having fun, looks happy..
JR
IMG_8101.JPG
* IMG_8101.JPG (Filesize: 122.94 KB)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #40 on: July 19, 2017, 04:19:23 AM
Yeah it was a .22, he just called to talk to mom, he broke down and misses mom, he wanted her to come get him but that ain't going to happen since we don't drive and like 2hrs out. But I've been waiting for this because it's been four days, that and his anxiety, but mom talked him down, so far he's done Rifle shoot, fishing(fly), and shotgun, tomorrow he's hiking and some rescue, and now moms breaking down, guess that's my cue.. :cry:
JR

Offline Sparkey

• Road Monkey
Reply #41 on: July 19, 2017, 04:33:40 AM
Update,,

Just got a pic sent, idk what caliber it is probably a .22, but I must say his camo skills are top notch! :whistle: I think he's having fun, looks happy..
JR
A good sniper always blends in with his surroundings...

Glad he's having a good time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #42 on: July 19, 2017, 06:10:06 PM
Update,,

JR

Lol, true. He went to breakfast this morning and to a first year swear in, but is now off on his hike, "5" miles! He's going to pass out when he gets back to camp. Especially since he's got to carry a backpack with like two water bottles, a first aid kit, poncho, and few other things, let alone if he's wearing the hiking boots they gave him, those were HEAVY! He complains about going down to the store which is only 1/2 a mile, unless it's for something he wants..
JR

Offline Sparkey

• Road Monkey
Reply #43 on: July 19, 2017, 07:05:41 PM
Update,,

JR

Lol, true. He went to breakfast this morning and to a first year swear in, but is now off on his hike, "5" miles! He's going to pass out when he gets back to camp. Especially since he's got to carry a backpack with like two water bottles, a first aid kit, poncho, and few other things, let alone if he's wearing the hiking boots they gave him, those were HEAVY! He complains about going down to the store which is only 1/2 a mile, unless it's for something he wants..
JR
If he's hiking with his buddies and having a good time, he won't realize it's 5 miles!

"

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #44 on: July 19, 2017, 07:32:14 PM
Update,,

JR

JR
If he's hiking with his buddies and having a good time, he won't realize it's 5 miles!

Lol, not him, especially if it's almost 90° out, and to top it off there's a thunder storm coming in..
JR

Offline Sparkey

• Road Monkey
Reply #45 on: July 19, 2017, 07:57:18 PM
Update,,

JR

JR

Lol, not him, especially if it's almost 90° out, and to top it off there's a thunder storm coming in..
JR
Keep the poncho handy!!

"

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #46 on: July 20, 2017, 02:49:07 AM
Some body looks to be understanding the word "cooking" yet without a microwave! Maybe he'll get off the habit of asking his mother to make him something?
JR
IMG_8113.PNG
* IMG_8113.PNG (Filesize: 118.78 KB)

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #47 on: July 20, 2017, 02:57:11 AM
 :tu:  The fact he is uncomfortable with many of these things is the very reason he should be out there doing them!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 02:58:36 AM by Syncop8r »

ph Offline carboncopy101

Reply #48 on: July 20, 2017, 08:44:02 AM
Congratulations MadPlumb! Been a scout when I was in elementary, my grandfather was one and he taught me a lot of useful things from simple survival tips, knots, and navigation. Was the grubmaster and it made me learn how to economize on feeding lots of people, imagine guys who eat 5 cups of rice haha. This should be a good experience to your kid!  :cheers:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #49 on: July 20, 2017, 04:09:55 PM
:tu:  The fact he is uncomfortable with many of these things is the very reason he should be out there doing them!

This ^^^

What a wonderful trip.  I'm super stoked for him to have this opportunity.  A friends kid recently went to a camp and had a blast.  This is a kid who play videos games, reads, and watches tv all day.  They went on a 6 mile hike I thought would kill the kid ( joking, kinda ) but he said it was fun.  When they are with friends and chatting it up the miles are a non issue.   This troop is doing lots of fun things he'll remember for years. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #50 on: July 20, 2017, 04:55:35 PM

This ^^^

What a wonderful trip.  I'm super stoked for him to have this opportunity.  A friends kid recently went to a camp and had a blast.  This is a kid who play videos games, reads, and watches tv all day.  They went on a 6 mile hike I thought would kill the kid ( joking, kinda ) but he said it was fun.  When they are with friends and chatting it up the miles are a non issue.   This troop is doing lots of fun things he'll remember for years.
He's the same, he's home schooled all through the comp, he does nothing but video games on the tv and or online, and is attached to his tablet 24/7, I mean he litterly sleeps with it, he'll put it on his nightstand to watch something and drift off! To find out that he did the 5mile hike and then volunteered to help the guy standing next to him I was shocked, I fig he would have got back and fallen flat on his face! Heck he complains about going only a 1/2 mile out back home! To top it off, the reason he's home schooled was because he was severely bullied and his anxiety/ADHD. Moms ecstatic! Well of course me too..
JR

Offline Sparkey

• Road Monkey
Reply #51 on: July 20, 2017, 11:19:28 PM

This ^^^

He's the same, he's home schooled all through the comp, he does nothing but video games on the tv and or online, and is attached to his tablet 24/7, I mean he litterly sleeps with it, he'll put it on his nightstand to watch something and drift off! To find out that he did the 5mile hike and then volunteered to help the guy standing next to him I was shocked, I fig he would have got back and fallen flat on his face! Heck he complains about going only a 1/2 mile out back home! To top it off, the reason he's home schooled was because he was severely bullied and his anxiety/ADHD. Moms ecstatic! Well of course me too..
JR
Never underestimate the power of the great outdoors!

"

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #52 on: July 20, 2017, 11:29:59 PM
MadP. I'm sorry the hear he was bullied.  That chaps my hide something fierce.  I grew up with 4 brothers and all of them are large.  My older bro stands 6'4  250lbs while my youngest is 6'3 270lbs with the other 2 in between them in size.  I'm the small guy  :D.  Any way we were lucky in that no one bothered us since there were 5 of us total.  I dont like bullies and neither did my brothers.  We'd stomp the crap out of anyone who picked on smaller kids or kids who just didn't stick up for themselves.   

I hope he knows there are some good kids out there and while there are some real jerks they aren't the majority. 

I am glad he's shining out there.  There really is something to the Great Outdoors.  I've seen first hand when you get city kids out in the wild they come back a bit different.  Heck when you get these youngins who stay indoors and play videos outside the flourish. 

Maybe when he gets back you two can get back out like you did  :tu:.  That was a wonderful father/son day.  I loved it. 

« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 11:31:06 PM by Aloha007 »
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #53 on: July 21, 2017, 12:53:07 AM
Next year he'll go and he won't call home. Year after that, he won't want to come home. After that, he'll want to be working at camp and live there all summer.

"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #54 on: July 21, 2017, 02:35:29 AM
MadP. I'm sorry the hear he was bullied.  That chaps my hide something fierce.  I grew up with 4 brothers and all of them are large.  My older bro stands 6'4  250lbs while my youngest is 6'3 270lbs with the other 2 in between them in size.  I'm the small guy  :D.  Any way we were lucky in that no one bothered us since there were 5 of us total.  I dont like bullies and neither did my brothers.  We'd stomp the crap out of anyone who picked on smaller kids or kids who just didn't stick up for themselves.   

I hope he knows there are some good kids out there and while there are some real jerks they aren't the majority. 

I am glad he's shining out there.  There really is something to the Great Outdoors.  I've seen first hand when you get city kids out in the wild they come back a bit different.  Heck when you get these youngins who stay indoors and play videos outside the flourish. 

Maybe when he gets back you two can get back out like you did  :tu:.  That was a wonderful father/son day.  I loved it. 

The only brother he's got is freaking taller then me, and when it was going on he would go out to the bus stop and wait for him to make sure! But that still didn't stop things at school, some of these kids just tweak me, just the other day we went for a drive with friends, and as I watched a car pass I saw a kid in the back seat, and as the car passed an arm came out the window and we got flipped off! If it was up to me I would have pulled up to the car and made the driver pull over, then yelled at both the parent and kid!
   A little kinda joke, back when I was still 18-19, I was doing work at a unique little setup, a juvenile center, it was for only city kids and was out in the sticks, no fence, no nothing, you could basicly just walk out the door at any time. Only thing is there was no civilization with in 10miles, so if they tried to escape lol, come on we're talking city kids who need electricity! But the one day I was reaching into my uncles tool bag and got yelled at, I turned and was like, what? They thought I was one of the kids trying to get a tool to make a weapon since I was young, my uncle had to prove I was with him. Lol..

As for getting out with him, yeah I'd like to do some stuff. My only thing is with my medical I have to be watched and since he's just a little guy he can't really do much, but he's gotten bigger and mom says he should be able to take control.. so we're both stoked!
JR

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #55 on: July 21, 2017, 02:41:58 AM
As for getting out with him, yeah I'd like to do some stuff. My only thing is with my medical I have to be watched and since he's just a little guy he can't really do much, but he's gotten bigger and mom says he should be able to take control.. so we're both stoked!
That would be awesome... what about his brother coming as well?

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #56 on: July 21, 2017, 02:46:52 AM
Next year he'll go and he won't call home. Year after that, he won't want to come home. After that, he'll want to be working at camp and live there all summer.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #57 on: July 21, 2017, 03:22:48 AM
Lol, cats in the cradle, my father made me listen to that idk how many times because it's the one thing he didn't want to happen, yet it pretty much did. As for his older brother, he's always busy, or comes up with an excuse..
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #58 on: July 22, 2017, 05:37:24 AM
Latest pic,,
JR
IMG_8132.PNG
* IMG_8132.PNG (Filesize: 199.45 KB)

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #59 on: July 22, 2017, 06:52:39 AM
So happy for you and the kid... looks like the kid is having tons of fun... :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD