Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Finally

ac5 · 18 · 4126

Offline ac5

Finally
on: September 05, 2006, 08:35:17 PM
Hi all, first post. I was wondering when there was going to be one dedicated to just multi tools. Is this forum new? Is there any particular brand that's most popular. I think I currently have about ten of variuos brands and I put the Swiss tool rs as the best for me. Thanks to whoever started this forum, now lets get some reviews in here. :)

Offline Kapt Kopter

Re: Finally
Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 10:32:50 PM
Welcome AC5 to multitool.org!
Yup this is a new site and you can thank our resident host Defender from www.knifeforums.com and Sosak on line............hope you enjoy the site and check the front page for reviews, we have a few up there already and welcome your reviews anytime.
Leatherman seems to be the most popular and its a real fight over the best tool.
Leathermans WAVE,SURGE,CHARGE and Core doing battle with Vic's SWISS TOOLS and SPIRIT models.........but there are many choices.

Cheers,
Kap
I

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 11:15:48 PM
Welcome to the site!  Yes, the site is pretty new.  We opened it about a month ago and have been trying to build and sort things out since then, so it's not quite as fantastic as it's going to be... yet!
I think the most popular brands so far are Victorinox, with Leatherman as a close second, but there might be a little bias as many members here are also members of www.sosakonline.com, which is the source for all things SAK.
Multitool.org started as a way for folks to learn about multitools.  If there was one thing I learned in SOSAK at Knifeforums.com, and in developing SOSAKOnline as an extension of the forum at KF, it's that SAKs are a HUGE market, and SAK collectors and enthusiasts really didn't have a group to call their own.  While building and promoting SOSAKOnline, I also started to realize that multitools were a segment of the cutlery market that was even less recognized than SAKs.  SAKs have been around forever, and so are multitools nowadays, but SAKs are generally cheap enough that you can buy a few of them and decide which one you like, then give the others away as Christmas gifts!  Multis tend to be a little more of an investment, and how much is actual tool, and how much is hype?  So, here we are, talking about Multis, the way a legitimate secment of the cutlery/tool market should be.
It might also interest everyone to know that I have alerted all the major brands, including Victorinox, Wenger, Leatherman, SOG, Gerber and Kershaw to come and check the site out, so be careful what you say- you never know who might be reading it!
I appreciate you stopping in and checking the place out.  I hope to see you around more often.
Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline ac5

Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 11:40:50 PM
Thanks for the welcome fellas, I'm sure this site will take off quick. I loves me some multi-tools! ;D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 12:16:34 AM
It's pretty obvious which tools I have- most of them are reviewed on the main part of the site.  What have you got, and what do you think of some of them.
Full reviews are great, but a quick like/dislike of them is also cool.

One more thing I want to mention- I reviewed a number of tools for the main part of the site, and so did our humble moderator, Dave Bowen, who, by the way, started the original Multitool info site called the Multitool Manifesto.  If anyone wants to review the same model that is already reviewed, then by all means go for it!  I don't care how much you disagree with me and Dave- we don't know everything, that's what our wives are for! :P  Please feel free to review any tools that are already listed if you like! 
Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 12:18:46 AM
Hi all, first post. I was wondering when there was going to be one dedicated to just multi tools. Is this forum new? Is there any particular brand that's most popular. I think I currently have about ten of variuos brands and I put the Swiss tool rs as the best for me. Thanks to whoever started this forum, now lets get some reviews in here. :)

W#elcome, you are going to like it here. Friendly people and great discussions. 8)
T

Offline ac5

Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 12:46:12 AM
Actually felinevet I've been a regular at bladeforums, but they didnt have too much on multi-tools. I got a german issue replica sak and a spirit with rathchet from you.  You should be the only one allowed to sell saks. HELP THE CATS!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 01:07:17 AM
Well, Tim is now our official Multitool dealer too.  Soon you'll be able to get all your plier needs filled by Tim too!
Def

us Offline inkster

• Administrator
  • Administrator
Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 04:51:04 AM
... Tim is an awesome person as well.    ;D

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 07:07:30 PM
Well, Tim is now our official Multitool dealer too.  Soon you'll be able to get all your plier needs filled by Tim too!
Def
;)Thanks Def. I have an order in for a variety of LM, SOG and Gerber to start my inventory. There will be a category in my store dedicated to Multis.
T

ar Offline mcniac

• Administrator
  • Don't Panic!
Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 07:22:00 PM
welcome aboart m8, i hope to keepreading from you, i don't have many mutils (yet) but i am in the proccess :)

Esteban

Offline ac5

Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 07:30:54 PM
To answer your question Defender I have the following: Swiss tool rs, spirit with ratchet, leatherman charge xti, surge, micra, supertool, pst, sog powerlock, para tool, tool clip, about a dozen saks and the gerber with the long plier head for cat fishin'. I think I've got a few more multi's I cant remember. I carry the RS, Spirit and charge at work, yep all three at the same time. You'd be suprised what situations animals can get in. If they're trapped in between walls I rely on the saw only victorinox can make, ventilation systems; spirit with the ratchet, collars idiots let get embedded in their dogs  necks; RS again with the curved rescue blade. The charge gets to handle chain link fences and is basically a back up to the other two. Leatherman saws are not that great so I try not to use them. Around home chore goes to the powerlock and surge. As new as the surge is the power lock much older still feels of better quality. Taking all factors together I'd have to give the RS the number one spot and the Gerber bottom. The Gerber just sits in a tackle box and still manages to rust. The RS pretty much goes everywhere with me.

Offline Kapt Kopter

Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006, 11:33:27 PM
Great Idea Tim.looking forward to seeing the new products you will be listing!
Cheers,
Kap

p.s. if you see a mint SC2 Juice or one of the camo versions let me know.......I'm desperate  LOL

Def
;)Thanks Def. I have an order in for a variety of LM, SOG and Gerber to start my inventory. There will be a category in my store dedicated to Multis.
I

us Offline Fred

• I'm the one they call Dr FeelGood
Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 02:59:30 AM
Tim's prices are great and the customer service is even better.why buy anywhere else?
Yabba dabba doo!

Offline Alpha Niner Niner Smith

Reply #14 on: September 09, 2006, 05:29:20 PM
I am happy there is finally a site that will help people learn more about what tools are good and which ones are smurf.Maybe if this site gets popular enough the crappy ones will disappear completely!
Also it's good to have a guy like Tim who can hook us up.I haven't bought anything from him yet but his prices look cool, and with all the good everyone else is saying, well that sounds like a hard act to follow.
A99S
O

us Offline Fred

• I'm the one they call Dr FeelGood
Reply #15 on: September 10, 2006, 10:04:50 PM
Finally something we agree on!
Yabba dabba doo!

us Offline felinevet

• Banner Member
  • No Life Club
Reply #16 on: September 16, 2006, 06:26:10 AM
If anyone has a special order request, let me know (PM or email) and I'll see if I can get it for you and give you a price quote. I try to be very competitive and include shipping in my prices so there are no add on shipping surprises. I have the following in stock now:

• Gerber Black Diesel Multi-Plier
  • Leatherman Charge Ti
  • SOG Power Pocket Plier
  • Gerber 400 Compact Multi-Plier with Tool Kit
  • Gerber Black Multi-Plier 600
  • Leatherman Storm Gray Juice Xe6
  • Leatherman Storm Gray Juice Kf4
  • SOG Black Paratool
  • SOG Power Lock W/V Cutter S62
  • SOG Power Lock S60
  • Leatherman Wave
  • Leatherman Surge

Some of these are already listed in the FELINEVET Shop but some aren't yet. PM or email me with questions.[/b][/color]
T

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #17 on: September 16, 2006, 11:22:48 AM
Well there goes what's left of my pathetic paycheque...
Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%