Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hanging what Spirit on suspension clip

us Offline tommywp

Hanging what Spirit on suspension clip
on: July 21, 2017, 02:36:31 AM
What's up fellas. Finally caved and got a Spirit...it's pretty smurfin sweet.

The main reason I held off for so long was because I didn't know how I would pocket carry it. Saw that some of you guys are running a cord between both lanyard openings, but I wasn't sure that approach was up my alley. And I had a hard time picturing how hanging a suspension clip directly from one of the lanyard openings would workout.

Figured I'd post my findings for posterity. 

A 20mm Nano Gate Clip (got mine from TEC Accesories) fits nicely...it's definitely small, but I prefer that to something more cumbersome and it has enough clearance where I'm able to get it open on the first or second try.  The clip's gate will some times float in to the  lanyard opening and opens a bit but it seems like there's enough friction with the tool to keep it from coming loose...time will tell if the pressure leads the clip to fail but I think it will be ok.

In the pocket the tool floats back and forth between a vertical hang and  a 11/1 o'clock position (depending on whether it's in the right or left pocket). You can see the outside top corner in the picture of my shorts and there's less then 2 inches between the inside top corner and the seam in my shorts. This 11/1 o'clock position is what I feared but it's actually not too bad...takes up a lot of room in the pocket but feels almost as comfortable as a vertical hang and not at all like the dreaded horizontal position. I'm particularly picky about thickness but the Spirit feels pretty good in this regard too 

All and all, definitely more pocketable than I thought it would be.

Cheers!
IMG_3896.JPG
* IMG_3896.JPG (Filesize: 190.98 KB)
IMG_3895.JPG
* IMG_3895.JPG (Filesize: 108.05 KB)
IMG_3888.JPG
* IMG_3888.JPG (Filesize: 160.39 KB)
IMG_3892.JPG
* IMG_3892.JPG (Filesize: 124.79 KB)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 03:49:49 AM by tommywp »

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Hanging what Spirit on suspension clip
Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 02:42:35 AM
 :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Hanging what Spirit on suspension clip
Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 03:59:03 AM
Very good idea :tu: I love being able to use a clip or suspension clip whenever possible if I am not sheath carrying a MT and I try and clip many other EDC items as well :like: :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%