Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A Tale of Three Watches

us Offline GoatDragon

• SAK 4 life
A Tale of Three Watches
on: July 21, 2017, 05:31:03 AM

I have gone through three watches since I got into wearing one a couple of years ago. First one I got was the Seiko 5. I figured I would start with a mechanical watch, cause they seemed cool. But this cheap mechanical quickly developed a rattle which bugged the heck outa me. So I got the Timex watch. After a few months, the indiglo feature stopped glowing, and I though "smurf it, I'm getting a G-Shock, that shouldn't break on me!". So I got the G-Shock, and have been wearing that for about a year. So far so good with it!

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: A Tale of Three Watches
Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 05:37:28 AM
Awarded.   :tu:   Interesting progression. I'm still wearing a casio lowtech sent me, if it dies I'll save up for a gshock.

us Offline thatotherguy

Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 03:00:45 PM
Awarded.   :tu:   Interesting progression. I'm still wearing a casio lowtech sent me, if it dies I'll save up for a gshock.
Chances are it's not gonna die anytime soon. Casios are surprisingly resilient little buggers.

I'm wearing a dw6900 today so we're three for three Casio fans so far.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 04:12:00 PM
Congrats on the badge.  :cheers:

When I wear a smurfing watch(aka wrissmurfch.  :rofl: ), its a Casio F-91W, one of the cheapest I believe. Mine was around 15 pounds.

I wore it regularly for more than a year, then the resin straps broke. I should get replacements.  :think:
The buttons are also kind of soft in their action now, from the pressing.
Even then, when I accidentally knocked it into a glass of water and didn't notice for 10 minutes(  :facepalm: ) it didn't break.  :cheers:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline thatotherguy

Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 05:40:11 PM

When I wear a smurfing watch(aka wrissmurfch.  :rofl: ), its a Casio F-91W, one of the cheapest I believe. Mine was around 15 pounds.

I wore it regularly for more than a year, then the resin straps broke. I should get replacements.  :think:
Even then, when I accidentally knocked it into a glass of water and didn't notice for 10 minutes(  :facepalm: ) it didn't break.  :cheers:
There's a guy on watchuseek that filled his f91w with oil (called hydromodding, increases legibility underwater and at angles) then dove with it to 30 meters with no ill effect.

So much for a 30m water resistance rating meaning the watch is only splash resistant.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 05:55:58 PM
Congrats on the badge  :tu: I just wear a $12 clip watch from Walmart ::) I go through one every couple years so they work really well for what they are :D

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 06:15:04 PM

There's a guy on watchuseek that filled his f91w with oil (called hydromodding, increases legibility underwater and at angles) then dove with it to 30 meters with no ill effect.

So much for a 30m water resistance rating meaning the watch is only splash resistant.
Thats interesting.  :tu:
Cool what these cheapies can go through.
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24