Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Respect for international members

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Respect for international members
Reply #60 on: July 30, 2017, 07:18:48 PM
:hatsoff: to El Corkscrew for bringing the awls to this thread  :cheers:

Honestly, overawl, I'm really impressed with how well members behave here.  We're awl human, we awl have lives and opinions, we awl need to focus on what we have in common.  I would assume none of us are solely responsible for the laws and customs of our respective countries.  As an American, I remember that everyone here is a migrant. A melting pot is what we got.    Diversity is beautiful and awl that jazz.  I personally welcome contrasting opinions, keeps the brain working.  I have been tempted to share my non-sak opinions here but understand that it's not the place for it.  One time I posted a pic that some would view as politically provocative, but another US member was like  :twak:  so I took it down right away. 

Anyway, remembering not to take things personally is something that helps me get through my daily life.

:cheers: :salute:

There's awlways room awl of us awl lovers to get word in edgewise. :) :cheers:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #61 on: July 30, 2017, 08:18:33 PM
I don't now even how to start. Firstly, I guess is, Al, I hope I am not one of those guys you are talking about. I love bantering back and forth you and a casual ribbing we give each other in good fun.If I am, my upmost apologies and please PM me so it can be fixed. And that invitation goes out to everyone here.
Secondly, Al, Iron raven and many other make some good points. I am also getting alittle tried of the 'Americans are fat, stupid, ignorant dumb rednecks that have zero tolerance for other countries, cultures or people'. I can go on for hours how this country's people are anything but, that will get to political and I will not bore you guys and gals with that.
I have also noticed at the sametime, the amount different countries and cultures and people who come together here and not just talk abouts tools, but joke, laugh, cry and become good friends with each other who's own governments hate each other. That really says something, to me anyways. I have learned a lot about others cultures  here that I had no idea about before. And I hope I am not just the only one who has. Anyways, I will stop now and wish everyone here a good day and all my best. Cheers ladies and gentleman.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 08:25:53 PM by ducttapetech »
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #62 on: July 30, 2017, 08:28:03 PM
Also, I am down with an island or say, a club house where we all can get together and have a pint, talk tools, knives and fire.
 :drink:
Nate

SEND IT!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #63 on: July 30, 2017, 08:31:18 PM
Why can't we live in the land of MTo?

In that land Styx I would carry a khukuri and a Wave daily  :D

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #64 on: July 30, 2017, 08:38:16 PM
A little OOC, but this is one of the times it's justified.

This started as someone speaking about how he felt bothered and annoyed by some of the comments other members of MTo make in a somewhat recurrent fashion.

It was a polite description of how he felt, trying to make others understand his feelings.

Other members, knowing or feeling they were the ones that caused that malaise, explained their reasons, also in a polite way.

What might have become a battle of vernacular 4-letter-words was a very civilized and respectful conversation. I find it perfectly normal, healthy even, when we look a friend in the eye and say "dude, stop that. It's not funny anymore."

That's how you keep a friendship: address issues head on when they occur and solve them.

I'm proud to be in a pace like this.

Thanks for being as you are!
:hatsoff:  :cheers:

Show content
Sorry for the seriousness above...
 :P

Show content
I'll try not to do it again. If I do, however,
:kirky:

Show content
That's what she said!
 :D :D

Show content
Man, it's good to be back IC again...

8) :tu:

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 08:40:02 PM by pfrsantos »

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #65 on: July 30, 2017, 08:49:10 PM
Well said and funny! :tu: and  :salute:
Nate

SEND IT!

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #66 on: July 30, 2017, 08:50:46 PM
Considering we have over a hundred members on at a time and we're all of us different personally , let alone culturally, I think we get on surprisingly well.

On the whole everyone is polite, supportive and very aware that their point of view is not the only one. Those that don't very rarely last here as the oxygen of friction is denied them.

Occasionally we have a flare up like this, with valid points on both sides, but what usually occurs as a result is a massive global group hug. Come on everybody - bring it in.
group hug.jpg
* group hug.jpg (Filesize: 36.64 KB)
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #67 on: July 30, 2017, 08:51:56 PM
I think a    :hug:  is in order  :)
I agree whole heartedly and we should all have a beer.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #68 on: July 30, 2017, 08:53:01 PM
Considering we have over a hundred members on at a time and we're all of us different personally , let alone culturally, I think we get on surprisingly well.

On the whole everyone is polite, supportive and very aware that their point of view is not the only one. Those that don't very rarely last here as the oxygen of friction is denied them.

Occasionally we have a flare up like this, with valid points on both sides, but what usually occurs as a result is a massive global group hug. Come on everybody - bring it in.
First off,  :rofl: That pic!
Secondly,  I agree.
Nate

SEND IT!

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #69 on: July 30, 2017, 08:54:38 PM

Secondly,  I agree.
That pic was from the 2015 UK meet I believe Nate.  :salute:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #70 on: July 30, 2017, 08:57:46 PM

Secondly,  I agree.
That sounds about right from the pics that Zed and Al sent me.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #71 on: July 30, 2017, 09:05:59 PM
 :rofl:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #72 on: July 30, 2017, 09:07:31 PM

Secondly,  I agree.
I believe the underpants were a job lot Sparky got from a local car boot sale. That's why they match.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #73 on: July 30, 2017, 09:11:14 PM

Secondly,  I agree.
I believe the underpants were a job lot Sparky got from a local car boot sale. That's why they match.
Good call on Sparky's part. Sounds like the beginning of a lodge or cult.

And people say I am weird!
Nate

SEND IT!

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #74 on: July 30, 2017, 09:16:23 PM

Secondly,  I agree.

Not sure I buy it, because all the fellas in that pic are... handsome. :dd:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #75 on: July 30, 2017, 09:20:28 PM

Secondly,  I agree.

Zed is handsome,  and again, I mean that in a male bonding non homosexual way. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I just saying.
Nate

SEND IT!

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #76 on: July 30, 2017, 09:24:08 PM

Secondly,  I agree.

Zed is handsome,  and again, I mean that in a male bonding non homosexual way. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I just saying.
But what about the others? :dwts: :D
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

hr Offline styx

Reply #77 on: July 30, 2017, 09:26:09 PM
Sometimes, I feel very blessed by missing those UK meets
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #78 on: July 30, 2017, 09:30:26 PM

Secondly,  I agree.

But what about the others? :dwts: :D
Well, I never really meet any of them in person, but what Mags has told me, I think it is them. And Mags himself is a lovely looking chap going by the pics he sent. Oh smurf! That was supposed to just between him and I. Sorry Mags. :rofl:
I will pay for that later in the next CHAOS meeting. He is a higher ranking officer.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #79 on: July 30, 2017, 09:31:27 PM
You say that now......
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #80 on: July 30, 2017, 09:32:31 PM
Also, sorry that I helped derail this important thread. Well sorta.....  :facepalm:
Nate

SEND IT!

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #81 on: July 30, 2017, 09:47:06 PM

Secondly,  I agree.

Handsome, you say?

:facepalm:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #82 on: July 30, 2017, 09:47:50 PM
Thanks Nate love you too mate  ::) oh smurf I thought I was pm'ing you again  :facepalm:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #83 on: July 30, 2017, 09:52:10 PM
Nothing like a good derailing to get things back on track....Oh wait a minute   :think:

hr Offline styx

Reply #84 on: July 30, 2017, 09:59:15 PM

Wouldn't surprise me at all

You say that now......

I see you're familiar with my Beercules tendencies

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #85 on: July 30, 2017, 10:03:40 PM
Thanks Nate love you too mate  ::) oh smurf I thought I was pm'ing you again  :facepalm:
:rofl: :rofl:
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #86 on: July 30, 2017, 10:04:05 PM

You say that now......

Maybe......
Nate

SEND IT!

hr Offline styx

Reply #87 on: July 30, 2017, 10:46:34 PM

You say that now......

Maybe......

So you're the one who put up those pics! Do you know how hard it was to explain to those PETA people that the bear challenged me to an arm 'rassling match

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #88 on: July 30, 2017, 10:47:38 PM

You say that now......

I see you're familiar with my Beercules tendencies!?!?

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #89 on: July 30, 2017, 11:04:45 PM
Why are good members thinking they are somehow insinuated in all this, just because they are American? No, no, no!!! :dwts:

You guys must have missed the chapter about the heroes and champions of MTO.  :drink: There are many many fantastic members from there. This is aimed at a very few closed minded members who like to relish the opportunity to laud their laws over ours in some form of moral superiority battle, and make outlandish claims about how we can't defend ourselves (we can) and are downtrodden puppets and all the rest of the idiotic crap. Yes sometimes good members do slip into the trap of speaking where they shouldn't too (but that's a wider issue that possibly many of us will be guilty of to a far more minor extent from time to time), but lets not assume that I have any negative feelings over you all just because of a select unthinking few.

I've just had to PM someone who I consider to be a good friend to give him a verbal wedgie for thinking he might be in part to blame  ::) What a pudding! He's undoubtdedly one of MTO's champions. Just because you might live in a certain area does not automatically mean this rant is about you. If you haven't gone off on some mindless rant calling out our culture or country, there's a good chance you're in the clear  :D

If you get referred to this thread at some point in the future, there is a good chance this thread may well be about you  ;)

A little OOC, but this is one of the times it's justified.

This started as someone speaking about how he felt bothered and annoyed by some of the comments other members of MTo make in a somewhat recurrent fashion.

It was a polite description of how he felt, trying to make others understand his feelings.

Other members, knowing or feeling they were the ones that caused that malaise, explained their reasons, also in a polite way.

What might have become a battle of vernacular 4-letter-words was a very civilized and respectful conversation. I find it perfectly normal, healthy even, when we look a friend in the eye and say "dude, stop that. It's not funny anymore."

That's how you keep a friendship: address issues head on when they occur and solve them.

I'm proud to be in a pace like this.

Thanks for being as you are!
:hatsoff:  :cheers:

Abso-smurfing-lutely!!! On the whole this thread seems to have been very well received, with understanding and patience. This could have descended into a complete bunfight - and had it been anywhere other than MTO, it probably would .... OK Mags turned up with some crazy meanderings and photos of mens bottoms, but unfortunately that could happen in any thread (On behalf of the United Kingdom I would like to apologies to the rest of the world about him. We are still trying to figure out the best diet for him, and the dolls aren't quite distracting him as much as we thought they would  >:D)

Yes, the mature and measured way this thread has progressed, even from those who are critical of it's content, is testament to this community. I think we all know the types that cause this kind of upset, and we all know that the bulk of American members here DO NOT fall into that category. I do think that this rant was needed, and it seems even some American members do agree with that. Lets all pull together to "correct" the idiocy of the few who say we are defenseless puppets who can't be trusted with crayons, and that all Americans are fat, dumb, ignorant, and whatever else the concerns were earlier. It doesn't take an American to defend against anyone calling out all Americans, or a Brit to defend against anyone calling out the Brits - it just takes any one of the good members here to say  :twak: That doesn't belong on MTO, take it somewhere else.

Thanks to all those who listened with open minds, and once again my apologies to anyone who feels they were unfairly caught up in something they haven't done.

I'm still very open for honest discussion with anyone who wants to discuss this further (like grown ups) be it publicly for the benefit of the wider forum and any future readers of this thread, or via PM if you feel it more appropriate, but I feel I have got off my chest what I needed to. Thanks for listening

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD