Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swiss+Tech and other items in this collection drawer.

Chako · 61 · 6988

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Introduction

I thought long and hard on where exactly was the best place for this thread. I figured this forum was as good a place as any other. I will be talking about one drawer in my collection that holds mostly Swiss+Tech items. As most of you know, Swiss+Tech focuses mostly on key-chain gear...but have expanded in recent years to larger items. As such, I have a sweet spot for Swiss+Tech items, especially the older items that bespoke of quality and ingenuity. These days, Swiss+Tech pumps out a lot of low quality gear which saddens me somewhat. I also have some items that are very Swiss+Tech in size and scope that aren't Swiss+Tech, such as those from SeberTool and IDL, among other items in this drawer. This drawer focuses mostly on key-chain items. Instead of just posing photos, I figure I may as well do a small opinion write up for each piece. As I have always stated; you should find the photos helpful if the words aren't.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 02:43:12 AM by Chako »
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Swiss+Tech.
Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 01:54:12 AM
Swiss+Tech Micro Max Extreme.

I fell in love with the smaller Swiss+Tech plier based multi-tools when I started to collect back in 2009. Prior to seeing one for the first time on this forum, I was entirely clueless. However, when I spied my first one, I thought that it would be a great EDC tool to have. I did eventually EDC one for a while, and found out that it was ok. I quickly found out that I really needed something with larger pliers as I found these tools to be somewhat limited in their usefulness. In other words, I needed something larger. So you are wondering how this relates to the Micro Max Extreme. When I first saw this one online, I did not appreciate its size from the photo I saw. Thus, when I bought this online, I had assumed it was the same size as the rest of the Swiss+Tech key-chain pliers. I was wrong, and when I first laid eyes after receiving it in the mail, I was downright shocked at its size. I figured someone came to the same conclusion that I did, about wanting something larger. Well, the Micro Max Extreme fits the bill.

Hard to gauge the size of this brute from a photo...

That is until you see it next to the average sized Swiss+Tech keychain pliers multi-tool.

Billed as a pocket tool, you can still hang it off of belt loop if you needed to. With 22 different functions, the Micro Max Extreme does live up to the name.

The functions on tap are:
4mm Allen Driver, 5mm Allen Driver, 6mm Allen Driver, 1/4" Closed End Wrench, 7/16" Closed End Wrench, #0 Phillips Driver, #1 Phillips Driver, #2 Phillips Driver, #0 Flat Driver, #1 Flat Driver, #2 Flat Driver, Pliers, Wire Cutter, Wire Stripper, Wire Crimper, Hand Drill, File, Bottle Opener, Inches Ruler, Inches Ruler Extension, mm Ruler, and mm Ruler Extension.

Pros:
- innovative design and relatively compact for what it does
- all metal construction imparts a feeling of quality to the tool

Cons:
- not the most comfortable tool to use with boxy handles of limited length
- some of the tools have very limited reach, especially those Allen keys.

Overall, a bigger Swiss+Tech for bigger jobs. However, the innovative and typical Swiss+Tech design does have its drawbacks, especially in terms of poor ergonomics and limited tool reach for certain functions. For a collector, this is a must as it is your typical Swiss+Tech key-chain multi-tool on steroids.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 02:09:53 AM
Swiss+Tech Micro-Max 19 in 1,

When I ordered the above Micro-Max Extreme, I had assumed it had the same dimensions of this tool, the Micro-Max 19 in 1, but with 3 more added functions. The Micro-Max 19 in 1 is of average Swiss+Tech size, and because of this, it packs a lot of functionality into a small key-chain sized package.

This tools has the following  functionality:
1/4 Inch Hex Wrench, 7/16 Inch Hex Wrench, #0 Flat Screwdriver, #1 Flat Screwdriver, #2 Flat Screwdriver, #0 Phillips Screwdriver, #1 Phillips Screwdriver, #2 Phillips Screwdriver, Pliers, Wire Cutter, Wire Stripper, Wire Crimper, Nail File, Hand Drill, Bottle Opener, Inches Ruler, Inches Ruler Extension, mm Ruler, and mm Ruler Extension.

As you can see, this is one packed key-chain multi-tool.

Pros:
- all metal construction
- packs a lot of functionality into a small package

Cons:
- handle screw drivers are harder to use as they pivot with no way to lock them in place
- the tools if fiddly to use, necessitating a bit of search to find the right tool
- jaws are limited to very small jobs

Overall, a very nice offering by Swiss+Tech. I EDCed this tool for a few months and found it was perfect for a lot of small jobs. It does have its negatives, but with a tool this size, there will always be give and takes. This one is an easy recommend from me as it isn't much larger then the usual Swiss+Tech offerings in this class.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 02:11:10 AM by Chako »

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 02:22:39 AM
Swiss+Tech Micro-Plus 8 in 1.

Going down in the functionality chart is the Micro-Plus 8 in 1.  As far as I can tell, this is no longer a current production model as I cannot find it on their web site. This tool offers 2 more functions above the base Micro-Tech 6 in 1 which will be looked at next.

On tap are the following functions:
# 1 Flat Screwdriver, #2 Flat Screwdriver, #1 Phillips Screwdriver, #2 Phillips Screwdriver, Precision Pliers, Wire Cutters, Wire Stripper, Sheet Shear, and 1/8” Rule Markings.

I have two models in my collection. The older black coloured model and the newer Tini coated version.

Pros:
- all metal construction
- easy to transport on a key-ring

Cons:
- handles do not lock in position
- poor ergonomics dictated by design

Overall, not a bad little key-chain multi-tool that focuses on the basics, and because of this, is easier to use in the field.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 02:30:18 AM
Swiss+Tech Micro-Tech 6 in 1.

Here is the little pliers key-chain multi-tool that started it all for Swiss+Tech, or at least I like to think so. This is the tool I first laid eyes on and was intrigued by its design and compactness.

This tool has the following functions.
#2 Flat Screwdriver, #2 Phillips Screwdriver, Precision Pliers, Wire Cutters, Wire Stripper, Sheet Shear, and 1/8” Rule Markings.

Pros:
- all metal construction
- less fiddly than the more functions models as there aren't any tiny nestled fold out tools
- less is more
- easy attachment to a key-chain

Cons:
- still have that boxy ergonomics to contend with
- screwdrivers have no locking position
- pliers are still limited due to size

Overall, a neat and efficient tool to have on you. Less features than the others in this series, but because of that, is easier to use. In this case, less can definitely be more.

-

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 02:39:54 AM
Swiss+Tech Micro-Plus EX 9 in 1.

The Micro-Plus EX 9 in 1 diverges somewhat from the unique Swiss+Tech pliers system of having extra functionality nestled among the handles...and because of this, I will have to be honest and state this is not my favorite tool of the series. In fact, I find this tool to be somewhat bulky/heavy, and fiddly because of the way the tools fold out away from the handle. Furthermore, this is compounded by having the usual Swiss+Tech handles pivoting around the body. Not all is negative however, as Swiss+Tech did had quite a bit of ergonomics by rounding the handles. So like everything else, this tool is a compromise.

The Micro+Plus EX 9 in 1 offers the following features:
Pliers, Wire Cutter, Wire Stripper, Wire Crimper, Bottle Opener, #1 Flat Screwdriver, #2 Flat Screwdriver, #1 Phillips Screwdriver, and #2 Phillips Screwdriver.

Pros:
- ergonomic handles
- all metal construction

Cons:
- no locking pivoting handles
- secondary tools swing out as opposed to pivoting around the main body like other Swiss+Tech plier multi-tools
- just a tad too large for a key-chain tool

Overall, this is an ok tool. Those swing our tools just make this one not as tactile as the others in the Swiss+Tech family. Mind you, that is just a personal observation.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 02:41:55 AM by Chako »

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Swiss+Tech and other items in this collection drawer.
Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 02:52:05 AM
Sheffield key-chain multi-tool.

Not being a Swiss+Tech, Sheffield couldn't exactly use the pliers hole as your attachment point to a key-chain...so they included a separate attachment point south of the plier pivot point instead. Because of this, Sheffield couldn't use that area for a wire stripper. On the plus side, Sheffield attempted to make this tool eye catching with the metal lath work.

The Sheffield key-chain multi-tool has the following features:
#2 Flat Screwdriver, #2 Phillips Screwdriver, Precision Pliers, Wire Cutters

Pros:
- better designed jaws compared to many Swiss-Tech designs
- eye catching swirls

Cons:
- my copy has very stiff pivot arms

Overall, not a terribly bad little multi-tool. It does feel decidedly cheap compared to the Swiss+Tech gear due to the overly stiff pivot arms. The jaws are a plus on this model however.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 03:12:28 AM
M4 Seber Tool.

As far as design goes for this type of key-chain multi-tool, the M4 Seber Tool is a gem. I say this because the fit and finish on this tool is superb. Furthermore, it is the only design that features a locking mechanism. In fact, it took me quite some time to figure this out once I had a copy in front of me. As it stood, I had a locked tool for a few hours as I searched this forum and other online references to figure out how to unlock it. Come to think of it, the locking mechanism is its weak point, and also its strongest point.

The M4 Seber Tool came in two varieties, I am lucky enough to have both the Seber marked as well as the Sears Craftsman marked version. This tool is very well constructed and feels of high quality. I do not have the Seber M2 and M3 tools in my collection. I do however have the newer IDL marked copies of which I will post shortly after this one.

The M4 Seber Tool offers the following functions:
Pliers, Wire Cutter, Bottle Opener, #1 Flat Screwdriver, #2 Flat Screwdriver, #1 Phillips Screwdriver, Plain Edge Knife, File, and Tweezers.

The best part is that the M4 Seber Tool offers outside opening tools. The locking mechanism is tricky and hard to use. There is a small movable block at the pivot point of the swing out tools. You need to press down hard on this little saddle to unlock a tool. Of course, having locking tools in such a small package does outweigh the locking mechanism issues somewhat.

Craftsman M4 Seber Tool.

M4 Seber Tool.

Pros:
- all metal construction
- locking tool set
- outside opening tool set

Cons:
- hard on fingers locking mechanism that requires a lot of force to unlock a deployed tool

Overall, this is a very nicely designed key-chain tool that offers a few unique features for such a svelte package. Locking tools are a big plus even if the locking mechanism isn't the best...but then, it is so small to begin with, it is hard to imagine how they could have improved on the design in the first place. Very high quality construction, the M4 Seber Tool is highly recommended. The Seber Tool is now out of production, but I do believe you can find them still made by IDL but at a lower quality in fit and finish.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 03:19:19 AM
Sebertec IDL T10 Multitool.

M4 Seber tools are hard to find. However, you can probably find the Sebertec IDL T10 Multitool which is an exact replica of the older M4 Seber. I have found however, that the quality isn't has high as with the older Seber. On the other hand, I was able to find IDL's copies of the Seber M2 and M3. I digress, the IDL T10 offers the same functionality as the M4 Seber.

Pros:
- same as the M4 Seber

Cons:
- slightly lower quality in fit and finish

Overall, the T10 Sebertec IDL offers good genes in design, and you can probably still find this one out there, which is a plus as the M4 Sebers are getting a bit hard to find these days..and when you do find them, the seem to command a premium.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 03:28:02 AM
Sebertec IDL T7 Multitool.

Here is Sebertec's version of the Seber Tool M3. You can see some functional similarities with Swiss+Tech tools, or is it the other way. Not sure which came out first. The T7 does not offer that ultra cool locking mechanism as seen on the T10. On the plus side, you won't be hurting your fingers trying to unlock your fold out tools.

The IDL T7 Multitool offers the following features:
Pliers, Wire Cutter, #1 Flat Screwdriver, #2 Flat Screwdriver, #1 Phillips Screwdriver, and #2 Phillips Screwdriver.

I should probably add here that unlike the Swiss+Tech gear which uses the plier hole as your key-chain attachment point, all Seber Tool and Sebertec IDL tools use a special hole found south of the pliers pivot point.

Pros:
- no hard to use locking mechanism
- all metal construction
- great plier jaws

Cons
- no locking tool set

Overall, the T7 which mimics the Seber Tool M3 is a good design that is easier to use than the more feature rich T10/M4.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: July 31, 2017, 03:34:59 AM
Sebertec IDL T5 Multitool.

The Sebertec IDL T5 Multitool, much like the older Seber Tool M2, is the simplest multi-tool in the family.

The IDL T5 has the following features:
Pliers, Wire Cutter, #2 Flat Screwdriver, and #2 Phillips Screwdriver.

Pros:
- all metal construction
- simplicity
- good pliers
- key-chain attachment point

Cons:
- simplicity = less functionality (that is not always a bad thing)

Overall, the T5 is a nice simple multi-tool on par for the most part with the Swiss+Tech Micro-Tech 6 in 1. If you want a more functional pliers, than the T5 is your choice.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #11 on: July 31, 2017, 03:41:58 AM
Thanks for these too. I was looking for a thread on these a week ago.  :salute:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #12 on: July 31, 2017, 03:47:12 AM
Swiss+Tech Smartphone Tool Case.

Swiss+Tech is ever expanding its offerings, and when I found this at a local Dollar Rama store, I knew I had to buy it. When I went back, that store had sold out. When I visited another, I found more and bought a different coloured one thinking for that price, I could expand the colour choices a bit. When I compared them, I found that I had bought two different phone models. Not only that, but The Samsung Galaxy S4 offered a toothpick meanwhile the iPhone 6 version did not. I am a bit puzzled at that omission as there is clearly room in the iPhone 6 version to fit one in there. Maybe they think that iPhone users would never use one. Who knows...

You can see clear influences from Victorinox Swisscard products, especially the Swisscard Lite featuring that 4 way screwdriver, among other bits.

Pros:
- added functionality to your cell phone for little added bulk

Cons:
- only for iPhone 6 and Samsung Galaxy S4
- obvious Victorinox design rip off
- case offers limited protection

Overall, I am  unsure what I truly think of this product. On the one hand, it is a good idea as everyone carries their cell phones around with them. On the other hand, the case itself doesn't offer full protection. Not sure how a phone might survive if you dropped it. There is definitely no front protection, or weather protection either. You could glue a Victorinox Swisscard to the back of a better case and achieve the same thing without adding much weight or thickness to these offerings.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #13 on: July 31, 2017, 03:52:15 AM
Happy to be of service.  :salute:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #14 on: July 31, 2017, 04:24:19 AM
Swiss+Tech Micro-Pro XL900 9 in 1 and Micro-Pro XL1100 11 in 1.

I appreciate the design that goes into the Swiss+Tech key-chain pliers multi-tool family. More so with the Micro-Pro lineup. The Micro-Pro is very similar to the others, except it features ergonomically rounded handles. Not only that, but the Micro-Pro lineup also comes with a carrier on which piggy back the pliers. This carrier varies upon the model. Some feature a press on LED light. Others feature an LED light with an on/off switch. Others come with a USB drive. All feature a key-chain ring and a post around which the pliers based multi-tool locks around for easy carry.

In the following photos:
First is a Micro-Pro XL900 9in 1 with USB drive.
Second is a Micro-Pro XL1100 11 in 1 with an on/off LED light.
Third and forth are Micro-Pro XL900 9 in 1 with press on LED lights.

Pros:
- carrier adds added functionality and is also a neat way to carry one of these multi-tools
- Pro versions offer more ergonomic handles

Cons:
- jaws do not feature teeth due to their clamping on a plastic pillar of the carrier

Overall, these are some of my favorite Swiss+Tech gear offerings as they do not add much bulk, and offers easier pliers deployment than just simply attaching it to a keyring.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 04:50:49 AM
Swiss+Tech Modular System.

Here is something that is now discontinued. Meet the Swiss+Tech Modular System. With 9 different outer shell colours, and 3 different internal modules, this system didn't prove very popular. I only have the Personal Care 7 in 1 module (blue) and the All Purpose 6 in 1 module (black). I am missing the Hunting/Fishing 7 in 1 module (green). You could accessorize your system with 6 additional colours which include orange, red, pink, purple, turquoise, and camouflage. Not sure if there were other modules planed and never made it to market, or there was only the 3 modules, each with a specific outer shell colour.

To change the outer shell, one simply pulls a T shaped lever on the back of the tool, slide the inner module off the two interior bars and pull the shell away from the module. It takes only seconds to switch them around.

All Purpose 6 in 1 in black and the Personal Care 7 in 1 in blue.

The outer shells offer a dual LED light located in the front with a press down on switch, and a carabiner bringing up the rear.

Here you can see the T shaped lever under the carabiner on the blue shell and both modules pulled out of their respective shells.

Pros:
:think:

Cons:
- cheap plastic exterior
- why would anyone want to buy extra shell colours
- only 3 modules

Overall, this product didn't last long. I think it came out in 2013 and only lasted a year or two. Much like the Coleman Pro, modular systems have never been very popular in the multi-tool world.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #16 on: July 31, 2017, 05:01:16 AM
Swiss+Tech T-Rex Pocket Tool.

The T-Rex is an interesting multi-tool that features a very nice set of pliers. Built into the body is storage for 2 regular driver bits. Hidden inside the body are two folding knife blades.

The T-Rex features:
Pliers, Wire Cutter, Plain Edge Knife, Serrated Knife, #0 Flat Screwdriver, #2 Flat Screwdriver Bit, and #2 Phillips Screwdriver Bit.

Pros:
- good plier design
- regular sized bit storage in handle
- good screwdriver geometry in relation to the tool

Cons:
- no carry solution other than dumping it in a pocket/bag/container
- heavy for size

Overall, the T-Rex is a nice tool that gives you good pliers, a screwdriver that is easy to use, and a pair of blades.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #17 on: July 31, 2017, 05:09:26 AM
Swiss+Tech 8 in 1 Corkscrew Tool.

Here is something a little different. Meet the Swiss+Tech 8 in 1 Corkscrew Tool.

This tool features:
Corkscrew, Foil Cutter/Knife, Bottle Opener, 1/8” Flat Head Driver, 5/32” Flat Head Driver, Phillips Driver, Key Ring Fob, and LED Flashlight.

The Corkscrew Tool only fold out to 180 degrees. The LED flashlight occupies one handle fully and offers a fully functional on/off button.

Pros:
- good for the wine drinker and bar patron

Cons:
- bottle opener location excludes this tool from bartender use

Overall, not a bad little tool for getting into alcoholic beverages.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #18 on: July 31, 2017, 05:20:21 AM
Swiss+Tech Micro-Slim 9 in 1.

This key-chain multi-tool offers a good variety of flat wrenches in a fairly compact tool.

The Micro-Slim offers the following features:
#1 Phillips Screwdriver, #2 Flat Screwdriver, #0 Flat Screwdriver, Bottle Opener, Nail File, Metric Wrench Set, English Wrench Set, Serrated Knife Blade, Straight Knife Blade.

Fits 23 Bolt Sizes!   
ENGLISH SIZES
     0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12,
     1/4", 5/16", 3/8", and 7/16"

METRIC SIZES
      1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10

Pros:
- all metal construction
- lots of functionality in a small package
- an extensive set of wrenches
- holds onto a keyring solidly

Cons:
- Phillips driver is awkward to use as it is off center.

Overall, this tool is an easy recommendation if you need a compact wrench set.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #19 on: July 31, 2017, 05:27:30 AM
Thanks Chako, another informative and useful thread (as usual  :tu: )
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #20 on: July 31, 2017, 05:28:39 AM
Swiss+Tech Carabiner 6 in 1 Multi-tool.

Here is another cheap feeling Swiss+Tech offering. This ones almost looks like the modular system mentioned in a previous posting. It also feels as cheap with the plastic housing.

The Carabiner 6 in 1 Multi-tools offers:
Phillips Screwdriver, Flat Head Screwdriver, Knife, Bottle Opener, LED Flashlight, and Carabiner Clip.

Pros:

Con:
- plastic carabiner clip
- cheap construction

Overall, not sure if this came out before or after the modular system. What I can say, both have very strong similarities. The carabiner 6 in 1 actually manages to feel cheaper than the modular system due to that plastic carabiner.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #21 on: July 31, 2017, 05:29:39 AM
Thank you.  :salute:

I think this will be my last entry for today, it is getting late. Will finish this tomorrow or the following day. So stay tuned.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #22 on: July 31, 2017, 05:51:50 AM
More than enough for one day, I'd say. Thanks again.  :cheers:

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: July 31, 2017, 06:04:44 AM
Swiss+Tech Micro-Pro XL900 9 in 1 and Micro-Pro XL1100 11 in 1.

I appreciate the design that goes into the Swiss+Tech key-chain pliers multi-tool family. More so with the Micro-Pro lineup. The Micro-Pro is very similar to the others, except it features ergonomically rounded handles. Not only that, but the Micro-Pro lineup also comes with a carrier on which piggy back the pliers. This carrier varies upon the model. Some feature a press on LED light. Others feature an LED light with an on/off switch. Others come with a USB drive. All feature a key-chain ring and a post around which the pliers based multi-tool locks around for easy carry.

In the following photos:
First is a Micro-Pro XL900 9in 1 with USB drive.
Second is a Micro-Pro XL1100 11 in 1 with an on/off LED light.
Third and forth are Micro-Pro XL900 9 in 1 with press on LED lights.

Pros:
- carrier adds added functionality and is also a neat way to carry one of these multi-tools
- Pro versions offer more ergonomic handles

Cons:
- jaws do not feature teeth due to their clamping on a plastic pillar of the carrier

Overall, these are some of my favorite Swiss+Tech gear offerings as they do not add much bulk, and offers easier pliers deployment than just simply attaching it to a keyring.

These are so cool. What's the quality of the usb and the lights? I imagine there is none with both options...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

ph Offline Zephon

Reply #24 on: July 31, 2017, 06:26:54 AM
Thanks for the great thread!   :cheers:

I remember getting in Swiss+Tech too as it was quite common in local hardware stores and department stores here. 

The Micro Max Extreme proved to be a memorable one for me -- it pinched me real good while trying to use it to tighten a bolt.  On the same job, I feel the hex bits are coated too thickly for them to fit in their intended slots.

The Micro Max 19-in-1 was a great go-to tool for places where you can't bring a bladed item.  Wish the handles would lock though.... The drill bit is an interesting tool for arts 'n crafts too.

The Micro-Plus EX 9-in-1 with curved handles indeed have great ergonomics.  The ergo is so good that I squeezed hard then bent the pivots such that the inner tools catch on the pliers head when folding the tool.  It led me to buy the 19-in-1 above  :P

I had my eye on the T-Rex but it costs as much as the Micro Max Extreme so I passed. 

Thinking of getting their Mega Max just for the sheer novelty of it.... :facepalm:
http://www.swisstechtools.com/proddetail.aspx?pid=90

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #25 on: July 31, 2017, 06:32:32 AM
Correct, there are none with USB and LED functions together. All of those are now discontinued as they are no longer shown on their web site. The lights are ok. The flash drive is only 512 megabytes and does feel somewhat cheap, although the + symbol does glow, which is kind of neat. The Pro pliers are great. You can still buy them off of eBay although the USB version is harder to find. I think the USB version was available circa 2008 fyi.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 06:34:37 AM by Chako »

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #26 on: July 31, 2017, 06:36:05 AM
Zephon, that does look interesting. I do not have one as of yet. I do have several similar tools that will be highlighted on here later that looks somewhat similar.

EDIT: I guess I can continue with this thread.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 06:41:26 AM by Chako »

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #27 on: July 31, 2017, 06:55:13 AM
Swiss+Tech Transformer 11 in 1 and Transformer Micro-Wrench 7 in 1.

Here are a pair of odd ducks which are now discontinued. Meet the Transformer 11 in 1 and the Transformer Micro-Wrench 7 in 1.

The Transformer 11 in 1 offers:
#2 Flat Screwdriver, #2 Phillips Screwdriver, #1 Flat Screwdriver, #1 Phillips Screwdriver, #0 Flat Screwdriver, #0 Phillips Screwdriver, Bright White 2-LED Flashlight, 1/4 inch Rule Markings, 5 mm Rule Markings, and Straight Edge.

The Transformer Micro-Wrench 7 in 1 offers:
Adjustable Wrench, Bottle Opener, 2-LED Work-lights, Inches Ruler, mm Ruler, 2-LED Flashlight, and Scissors.

The red coloured Transformer 11 in 1 is basically a weird way to carry a bunch of screwdrivers. There is also a removable key ring that locks in place when the tool is folded away. Opening the tool releases the keyring from the Transformer tool. The Transformer Micro-Wrench is equally weird. There is a fold away pair of scissors, as well as the main adjustable wrench, which folds out for use much like the other tool does. Both tools feature LED lights. In the case of the Transformer 11 in 1, you get a pair of LED lights with a side sliding on/off switch. The Micro-Wrench offers 2 pairs of front and rear facing LED with their own separate switches located on the side of the tool.

Transformer 11 in 1 (red), and Transformer Micro-Wrench 7 in 1 (black).

\

Pros:
- Both tools feature not bad LED light feature

Cons:
- Transformer 11 in 1 is a bad design for a screwdriver with all tools off center.
- both tools want to fold on you during use

Overall, these oddities aren't very ergonomic, and their designs are somewhat faulty to start with. They do make interesting collection topic starters.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #28 on: July 31, 2017, 07:01:59 AM
Swiss+Tech Key Ring 7 in 1 Multi-tool.

I have seen this same tool labeled as generic in plastic see through buckets on store counter-tops for some time now. This one is marked as a Swiss+Tech, but I see little difference in quality to be honest from those generic versions.

The Key Ring 7 in 1 features the following functions:
LED Flashlight, Phillips Screwdriver, Knife, Awl, Bottle Opener, Flat Screwdriver, and Key Ring.

The included LED light has one of those constant press on buttons. The tool is fairly bulky for what it offers, and I cannot image hanging my keys off of this.

Pros:

Cons:
- bulky/heavy
- quality isn't there

Overall, pass this one up if you come across this and think this could be a good tool. Likewise, if you can buy this as a generic version for a few bucks....might be worth it.

no Offline Vidar

• No Life Club
Reply #29 on: July 31, 2017, 10:47:30 AM
Interesting - thank you very much for showing :)
"Simple is hard"
"Hard is hard too"
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%