Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Bananna's It's Augu"ST" SwissTool 30 DAY Challenge

Douglas · 488 · 12440

us Offline MusicMen

• No Life Club
  • 21 Badges for Eagle
Re: Bananna's It's Augu"ST" SwissTool 30 DAY Challenge
Reply #300 on: August 22, 2017, 06:30:56 PM
3 weeks into the challenge guys :ahhh :ahhh :like:

Not been to bad of a challenge  :tu: I have really had only the 1 complaint (tools hard to get out sometimes) but I do also miss not having a fully serrated  blade :think: Don't use one a lot but they are sure handy when I need one :cheers: Guess I need a different model perhaps ??? :D
A Swisstool RS maybe? It has the curved SE blade and scissors.   :think:
BUCK: X-Tract, 360
GERBER: Clutch, Shortcut, Dime*, DimE*, Octane & Crucial FAST
MP600 NN, CentreDrive, Grappler
Diesel*, Nickle*, Bullrush, MP600 BN, Flik & MP600DET* all in BO
LEATHERMAN: Skeletool, Style PS, CS, ES* & Style*, Juice S2(X2), SC2, C2, Pro, XE6
Crunch, MTO Style CS, Sideclip, BO Kick*
SOG: PowerAccess, Blacktip*, HD PPP
VICTORINOX: SwissTool Std, X(CS), & RS all with red logo, Spirit XBS
*=mod

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #301 on: August 22, 2017, 06:40:23 PM

Not been to bad of a challenge  :tu: I have really had only the 1 complaint (tools hard to get out sometimes) but I do also miss not having a fully serrated  blade :think: Don't use one a lot but they are sure handy when I need one :cheers: Guess I need a different model perhaps ??? :D

That would pair well with a PE blade SAK for sure :tu: I really didn't notice that I used a SE blade as much as I do until not having one with me :facepalm: I guess if I had a SAK with scissors then the Standard Swisstool would also work great :cheers: :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #302 on: August 22, 2017, 06:41:06 PM
Guess I just need to get a Spirit with butter knife blade and scissors  ::) :D

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #303 on: August 22, 2017, 09:44:13 PM
Powernoodle Day 21

All the lasses love boiled beets.

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #304 on: August 22, 2017, 09:46:17 PM
only the 1 complaint

For me its not so much of a complaint, but just a fact of life that the Swisstool is sorta heavy.  Dropping down to a Spirit or Rebar is really noticeable in the pocket.

us Offline MusicMen

• No Life Club
  • 21 Badges for Eagle
Reply #305 on: August 23, 2017, 01:40:41 AM
Day 21 with the clip for my Kick
IMG_0855.jpeg
* IMG_0855.jpeg (Filesize: 299.45 KB)
LEATHERMAN: Skeletool, Style PS, CS, ES* & Style*, Juice S2(X2), SC2, C2, Pro, XE6
*=mod

us Offline aluminated

Reply #306 on: August 23, 2017, 02:02:23 AM
Day TWENTY-ONE
Shall we see what I found among us?Why, it is, of course, some fungus.

Nice score. Was that found through MTO, eBay, or elsewhere?

us Offline MusicMen

• No Life Club
  • 21 Badges for Eagle
Reply #307 on: August 23, 2017, 02:36:33 AM
Day TWENTY-ONE
Nice score. Was that found through MTO, eBay, or elsewhere?
SteveC found it for me on Amazon.  :cheers:
Thanks again Steve!   :tu:
There are more
*=mod

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #308 on: August 23, 2017, 04:04:14 AM
Day 21

20170822_170839 by Poncho 65, on Flickr

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #309 on: August 23, 2017, 05:26:26 AM
Day 21,  First Job of a 16 hour day.

Great Picks guys.
20170822_124855[4916].jpg
* 20170822_124855[4916].jpg (Filesize: 197.38 KB)
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #310 on: August 23, 2017, 05:37:29 AM

That would pair well with a PE blade SAK for sure :tu: I really didn't notice that I used a SE blade as much as I do until not having one with me :facepalm: I guess if I had a SAK with scissors then the Standard Swisstool would also work great :cheers: :like:

The Swisstool RS is a great tool.  It's the one I started out with and is still in service for my Wife.  Tha X fits me better as I have more need for a file/ hacksaw than the SE blade.  I keep my PE blade sharp enough to shave if I ever misplace my razor so it culd be almost classified as a SE (strait edge) blade.  If I had any desire for a change to the Swisstool it would be a right handed OHO main blade.  That is the only thing I liked better on the Leatherman Waves that I owned (and broke) before I found the Swisstool.   
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #311 on: August 23, 2017, 05:42:08 AM
only the 1 complaint

For me its not so much of a complaint, but just a fact of life that the Swisstool is sorta heavy.  Dropping down to a Spirit or Rebar is really noticeable in the pocket.

Been carring the Swisstool so long now that stepping down (and I do from time to time) makes me feel naked,  :whistle: like that bad dreem where everyone is staring at you. :facepalm:
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #312 on: August 23, 2017, 11:55:05 AM
only the 1 complaint

Been carring the Swisstool so long now that stepping down (and I do from time to time) makes me feel naked,  :whistle: like that bad dreem where everyone is staring at you. :facepalm:

I am feeling that now I guess with the Swisstool :facepalm: I guess I would rather have a Supertool or Rebar in my pocket vs the STX :whistle: :D It is a fine MT but just not the right fit for me :ahhh It is great to have to carry a tool for a month though to make sure of something like this though :cheers:

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #313 on: August 23, 2017, 01:55:44 PM
only the 1 complaint

I am feeling that now I guess with the Swisstool :facepalm: I guess I would rather have a Supertool or Rebar in my pocket vs the STX :whistle: :D It is a fine MT but just not the right fit for me :ahhh It is great to have to carry a tool for a month though to make sure of something like this though :cheers:
I've been considering trying a Leatherman Surge just to have another realy HEAVY DUTY tool set in my arsenal.  Feel like I'm  cheating even thinkg about it, but I  must admitt to missing the OHO of the Wave platform.   Just have to wait till I can gaet caught up from helping with my Dad's surgery expenses.  Any thoughts on the Surge, could it keep up with being THE go to tool?
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline aluminated

Reply #314 on: August 23, 2017, 02:38:08 PM
only the 1 complaint

I've been considering trying a Leatherman Surge just to have another realy HEAVY DUTY tool set in my arsenal.  Feel like I'm  cheating even thinkg about it, but I  must admitt to missing the OHO of the Wave platform.   Just have to wait till I can get caught up from helping with my Dad's surgery expenses.  Any thoughts on the Surge, could it keep up with being THE go to tool?
Leaving the question of cost aside for the moment... How big are your hands and how strong are your pants? (Sounds like a male exotic dancer interview.)  :whistle: I am an average-sized American man with average sized hands and I find the ST300 and the Wave (Gen2) to be more comfortable due to the smaller handle splays. I can post a different comparison photo of the difference later if you'd like. Also, it's probably not THE tool if you need to switch constantly between saw and file or wood saw and metal or plastic saw. Having the option to do so is great, but I don't want to do it ten times each day.
And with that said...
Day TWENTY-TWO
Surge is on the bottom, but there's a Wave or two and an ST300 in there as well.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 02:42:44 PM by aluminated »

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #315 on: August 23, 2017, 03:07:57 PM
Powernoodle Day 22

us Offline MusicMen

• No Life Club
  • 21 Badges for Eagle
Reply #316 on: August 23, 2017, 10:59:05 PM
Day 22
IMG_0857.jpeg
* IMG_0857.jpeg (Filesize: 380.92 KB)
*=mod

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #317 on: August 24, 2017, 02:32:35 AM
Day 22 At work :cheers:

20170823_115437 by Poncho 65, on Flickr

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #318 on: August 24, 2017, 02:35:45 AM

:like:
THAT'S Calendar WORTHY!  Put it in for August.  :pok: :pok:
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline MusicMen

• No Life Club
  • 21 Badges for Eagle
Reply #319 on: August 24, 2017, 02:36:33 AM

Do you get to use/operate any of the "tools" in the background?
*=mod

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #320 on: August 24, 2017, 02:41:12 AM
Day 22
Swisstool makes an alwsome center punch.
20170823_123651[5493].jpg
* 20170823_123651[5493].jpg (Filesize: 122.89 KB)
20170823_123657[5495].jpg
* 20170823_123657[5495].jpg (Filesize: 98.38 KB)
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #321 on: August 24, 2017, 03:07:39 AM
only the 1 complaint

I've been considering trying a Leatherman Surge just to have another realy HEAVY DUTY tool set in my arsenal.  Feel like I'm  cheating even thinkg about it, but I  must admitt to missing the OHO of the Wave platform.   Just have to wait till I can get caught up from helping with my Dad's surgery expenses.  Any thoughts on the Surge, could it keep up with being THE go to tool?
Leaving the question of cost aside for the moment... How big are your hands and how strong are your pants? (Sounds like a male exotic dancer interview.)  :whistle: I am an average-sized American man with average sized hands and I find the ST300 and the Wave (Gen2) to be more comfortable due to the smaller handle splays. I can post a different comparison photo of the difference later if you'd like. Also, it's probably not THE tool if you need to switch constantly between saw and file or wood saw and metal or plastic saw. Having the option to do so is great, but I don't want to do it ten times each day.
And with that said...
Day TWENTY-TWO
(Image removed from quote.)Surge is on the bottom, but there's a Wave or two and an ST300 in there as well.
Aluminated, the compairison picks would be greatly apreciated.  Your statement about the saw, and the screw driver platform are two of my major concerns.  I never know what I will be up against on any given day.  The long philips and oversized flat head / pry bar are two of the most used features of my ST and the saw type dosn't matter with the ST because it covers all the bases with out having to carry extra blades.  I've actualy used the wood / plastic (PVC) saw to cut 4x4 lumber and up to 6" PVC pipe. I've used the file / hacksaw to cut screws, bolts, 3/4" electrical conduit, and even 2" stainless steel tubing.  The ST is not the best tool for any of the aformentioned jobs IF the proper tool is available but it performs admirably when needed.  That being said I don't see the need to have interchangable blades that I have to keep up with.  I guess I'm just curious what it would be like to cary one of the MTs and I did LOVE the OHO of the Wave witch looks to be the most efficient OHO platform I've seen.  Anybody else have any thoughts or ideas.
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #322 on: August 24, 2017, 04:13:40 AM

Show content

I rarely run anything anymore but I have had a rough terrain forklift operators license since 1999 :tu: I have also ran a boom truck (small truck crane) for years off and on but they passed a new law with OSHA that you have to have a crane operators license to run one so no more for me ::) :D

The forklift in the pic is a forklift our company bought new for us to use in 2008 and it has been a great forkilft :like: We have a new one on this job as well but it is nowhere near as good as this one :facepalm: :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #323 on: August 24, 2017, 04:15:06 AM
Great pics today gents :tu: :like:

us Offline aluminated

Reply #324 on: August 24, 2017, 04:24:18 AM
...Aluminated, the compairison picks would be greatly apreciated.  Your statement about the saw, and the screw driver platform are two of my major concerns.  I never know what I will be up against on any given day.  The long philips and oversized flat head / pry bar are two of the most used features of my ST and the saw type dosn't matter with the ST because it covers all the bases with out having to carry extra blades.  I've actualy used the wood / plastic (PVC) saw to cut 4x4 lumber and up to 6" PVC pipe. I've used the file / hacksaw to cut screws, bolts, 3/4" electrical conduit, and even 2" stainless steel tubing.  The ST is not the best tool for any of the aformentioned jobs IF the proper tool is available but it performs admirably when needed.  That being said I don't see the need to have interchangable blades that I have to keep up with.  I guess I'm just curious what it would be like to cary one of the MTs and I did LOVE the OHO of the Wave witch looks to be the most efficient OHO platform I've seen.  Anybody else have any thoughts or ideas.
Swisstool handle splay vs. Wave Gen2, ST300, and Surge.

For grins, some intra-Leatherman comparison pics... Surge/Wave

ST300/Wave

ST300/Surge
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 04:37:59 AM by aluminated »

us Offline MusicMen

• No Life Club
  • 21 Badges for Eagle
Reply #325 on: August 24, 2017, 05:11:00 AM

Show content

I rarely run anything anymore but I have had a rough terrain forklift operators license since 1999 :tu: I have also ran a boom truck (small truck crane) for years off and on but they passed a new law with OSHA that you have to have a crane operators license to run one so no more for me ::) :D

The forklift in the pic is a forklift our company bought new for us to use in 2008 and it has been a great forkilft :like: We have a new one on this job as well but it is nowhere near as good as this one :facepalm: :D
That is really cool.  :tu:

I only have a standard forklift license. Which I need to renew.   :facepalm:
*=mod

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #326 on: August 24, 2017, 03:38:11 PM

Show content

That is really cool.  :tu:

I only have a standard forklift license. Which I need to renew.   :facepalm:

Actually mine may be expired right now as well :think:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #327 on: August 24, 2017, 03:53:42 PM
Day 23 1 week left :ahhh :like:

20170824_075431 by Poncho 65, on Flickr

20170824_075422 by Poncho 65, on Flickr

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #328 on: August 24, 2017, 08:51:28 PM
Powernoodle Day 23

For sale:  one pair of lightly pre-owned eclipse glasses.  $39.99 + s/h.  Get it today, before its too late.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #329 on: August 24, 2017, 08:54:44 PM
Powernoodle Day 23

(Image removed from quote.)
For sale:  one pair of lightly pre-owned eclipse glasses.  $39.99 + s/h.  Get it today, before its too late.

If anyone take PN up on his offer then I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale :salute: PM me for more details :cheers: :D
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 08:55:45 PM by Poncho65 »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD