Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber Remix Problem

ca Offline ba-ta

Gerber Remix Problem
on: August 02, 2017, 05:38:24 AM
I ended up finding a Remix at work today! Lucky me I know.  It was stiff, gritty, and about as sharp as a butter knife.  I've washed, lubed, and sharpened it but it is still very stiff.  I need two hands to open it and it shouldn't be like that but I can't find any way to adjust the pivot.  Even looking on YouTube hasn't turned up much so has anyone here had one of these and how do you adjust the pivot or is it even possible?
If it's stupid and it works..... 
It ain't stupid.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Gerber Remix Problem
Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 09:15:58 AM
I don't have one, but looking at some pics I can see the problem.  Likely something to do with the pin holes around the circumference, but that's just a guess.  Might be worth getting in touch with Gerber themselves, they're known for their good customer service.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ca Offline ba-ta

Re: Gerber Remix Problem
Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 06:43:25 AM
I don't have one, but looking at some pics I can see the problem.  Likely something to do with the pin holes around the circumference, but that's just a guess.  Might be worth getting in touch with Gerber themselves, they're known for their good customer service.

That's kinda what I thought about the holes too.  I looked closely at them but it seems like you need some kind of proprietary tool to do anything.  Guess emailing Gerber is my only option.
If it's stupid and it works..... 
It ain't stupid.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69