Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Belated Hello from Jerusalem!

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Belated Hello from Jerusalem!
on: August 02, 2017, 03:58:47 PM
I've been here a while but always navigated to specific forum sections (for my sins!)  and didn't realise this section existed. Apologies!

About time I said an official hello.

Hi!

I'm Ben from Jerusalem. English born and bred, moved out here about age 18 and if you had grown up in rainy Manchester you would understand why! :D

I'm a pro photographer. Once a wedding photographer, then Art Director in a local college now head of the Digitisation department for an Antiquities museum.

Currently disabled but making an attempt not to let it bother me. :) I got into EDC and from there to MT's. When I met my wife 17 years ago I thought she was weird for always carrying around a little SAK. Now she KNOWS that I'm weird with my gear acquisitions. :) I'm not a collector though, just on the look out for the perfect carry combination, this may have involved quite a lot of gear along the way! :D

Pic of me in the Highlands of Scotland, both my parents are Scottish and I spent much of my youth there.

Formerly an avid regular then electric cyclist until some recent accidents and I decided that I have too much wrong with me to add more broken bones. My dream for the future, when I can get my legs fixed, is the outdoors.

Some gear pics.

This is an incredibly friendly forum and it's really nice to be here!

"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Re: Belated Hello from Jerusalem!
Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 04:03:38 PM
Welcome  :salute:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 04:04:36 PM
Hello Ben and welcome to MT.O! Nice tools and knives.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 04:07:08 PM
Howdy Ben.  Great to have you here.  Such wonderful gear and those fixed blades  :drool:
Esse Quam Videri

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 04:07:25 PM
Hi!  :waving:
It seems like you've already made yourself known.   :tu:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 04:08:42 PM
Welcome Ben  :cheers:.

Great pics and some sweet knives and tools you have there  :drool:.

And I can only speak for myself, but I sure would like to see some scenery shots from Jerusalem  :pok:.

;)

hr Offline styx

Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 04:09:50 PM
Since you're a fifth of the way down to the punishment chicken... I mean No life club, here is a belated welcome :tu:
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 04:13:15 PM

Apologies, I'll find the air freshener. :D

Talking of Ireland, although brought up avidly Scottish, my fathers roots were entirely Irish, his family name was Conlan originally. I visited a few years back, politest people on the planet! Oh and I got my walking stick, a shillelagh. Very much an every day carry item for me!

"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 04:13:38 PM
Maybe I should make my own "hello world!" post? I never did one.  :ahhh
Oh well, 2 years and 3k posts, I think I know everyone, and visa versa, though I may be a little delusional, so that might not be true....  :think:  :ahhh :ahhh
No one knows me!!!

All hail the hook!

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 04:14:14 PM

Talking of Ireland, although brought up avidly Scottish, my fathers roots were entirely Irish, his family name was Conlan originally. I visited a few years back, politest people on the planet! Oh and I got my walking stick, a shillelagh. Very much an every day carry item for me!

(Image removed from quote.)
Very nice.  :salute: :D
Where was that pic?

All hail the hook!

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 04:17:53 PM

And I can only speak for myself, but I sure would like to see some scenery shots from Jerusalem  :pok:.

;)

I'm a pro photographer, you might be asking for more than the servers can cope with :D  Is there a 'post your random pics' thread here? I could deluge that rather than annoy everyone here.

In the meantime my website is here, www.timelessjewishart.com ignore the prices, that's all wishful thinking from when I thought I had a future in Fine Art sales. Reality taught me otherwise. :D

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: August 02, 2017, 04:20:42 PM

Very nice.  :salute: :D
Where was that pic?

That pic was years later in Scotland. When I was in Ireland something of the atmosphere was effecting my photography.  :D That and the price of my beloved Guinness in Dublin.  ???

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 04:21:48 PM by pomsbz »

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 04:21:52 PM

;)

I'm a pro photographer, you might be asking for more than the servers can cope with :D  Is there a 'post your random pics' thread here? I could deluge that rather than annoy everyone here.

In the meantime my website is here, www.timelessjewishart.com ignore the prices, that's all wishful thinking from when I thought I had a future in Fine Art sales. Reality taught me otherwise. :D
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,21580.0.html
Go crazy.  :tu:

All hail the hook!

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #13 on: August 02, 2017, 04:22:56 PM
I've been here a while but always navigated to specific forum sections (for my sins!)  and didn't realise this section existed. Apologies!

Hi!

I'm Ben from Jerusalem. English born and bred, moved out here about age 18 and if you had grown up in rainy Manchester you would understand why! :D

I'm a pro photographer. Once a wedding photographer, then Art Director in a local college now head of the Digitisation department for an Antiquities museum.

Currently disabled but making an attempt not to let it bother me. :) I got into EDC and from there to MT's. When I met my wife 17 years ago I thought she was weird for always carrying around a little SAK. Now she KNOWS that I'm weird with my gear acquisitions. :) I'm not a collector though, just on the look out for the perfect carry combination, this may have involved quite a lot of gear along the way! :D

Pic of me in the Highlands of Scotland, both my parents are Scottish and I spent much of my youth there.

(...)

Welcome (again), Ben! Glad to have you around! Great intro!
 :cheers: :tu:

Only one question...

Show content
Where's y'a kilt, laddy?

:pok: :pok:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: August 02, 2017, 04:25:05 PM

Hi!

(...)

Welcome (again), Ben! Glad to have you around! Great intro!
 :cheers: :tu:

Only one question...

Show content
Where's y'a kilt, laddy?

:pok: :pok:

I refuse to share the pics. I was a lot younger. :D

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: August 02, 2017, 04:27:30 PM
By the way, I spend most of my MTO time pressing F5 over at https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?action=unread.
That way, I see all the stuff I'm interested in, irregardless of which forum it is in.

All hail the hook!

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: August 02, 2017, 04:31:17 PM
By the way, I spend most of my MTO time pressing F5 over at https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?action=unread.
That way, I see all the stuff I'm interested in, irregardless of which forum it is in.

How does one find that link, I can't see it anywhere at the top similar to the 'new posts' on most forums?

Another question if I may, is there any way to turn on notification for people quoting your posts specifically rather than just refreshing each thread to see if you need to reply to someone who has quoted you? I haven't worked that one out yet.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #17 on: August 02, 2017, 04:36:54 PM
Welcome aboard Ben  :cheers:

You seem to have settled in well. You have some nice gear there mate  :tu:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #18 on: August 02, 2017, 04:38:35 PM

How does one find that link, I can't see it anywhere at the top similar to the 'new posts' on most forums?

Another question if I may, is there any way to turn on notification for people quoting your posts specifically rather than just refreshing each thread to see if you need to reply to someone who has quoted you? I haven't worked that one out yet.
Top of the forum, under the MTO banner, to the right of your username? See "Unread"?
That leads to the same link that I posted above.
To the right again, see "Replies"? Same, expect only for threads that you have posted in.  :tu:
And if you want Email notifications, you have enable it manually. In the desired thread, click "Notifiy", which is at the top of the thread to the right of the "reply" button.

If your on tapatalk, you're on your own pal.  :rofl:
All I'll say is that Grant and the others in charge of the forum have put some tremendous work into making a mobile version that looks just like the browser version AND  works great.  :salute:

All hail the hook!

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #19 on: August 02, 2017, 04:54:05 PM
Welcome Ben, a great introduction. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: August 02, 2017, 05:28:52 PM

Top of the forum, under the MTO banner, to the right of your username? See "Unread"?
To the right again, see "Replies"? Same, expect only for threads that you have posted in.  :tu:
And if you want Email notifications, you have enable it manually. In the desired thread, click "Notifiy", which is at the top of the thread to the right of the "reply" button.

All I'll say is that Grant and the others in charge of the forum have put some tremendous work into making a mobile version that looks just like the browser version AND  works great.  :salute:

I'm glad to say that this is the sum total of my carried communication devices. Somehow yet another knife seems to have crept into the picture...

Thanks for all the other advice! Very useful!

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: August 02, 2017, 05:29:18 PM
I'd like to give a huge thank you to all for such a warm welcome!

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: August 02, 2017, 05:50:30 PM

I'm glad to say that this is the sum total of my carried communication devices. Somehow yet another knife seems to have crept into the picture...

Thanks for all the other advice! Very useful!
Tough phones.  :tu:

All hail the hook!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #23 on: August 02, 2017, 06:07:10 PM
Welcome ben, cool pics,hope your bones mend, I know a bit about this sadly  :-\  :salute:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #24 on: August 02, 2017, 07:16:41 PM
Welcome to :MTO: :cheers:

I feel as though you have been around a while as I have enjoyed your pics in the trad folder thread :tu: :like:

no Offline Grathr

Reply #25 on: August 02, 2017, 07:26:03 PM
Welcome! :cheers:
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: August 02, 2017, 07:26:54 PM
Welcome to :MTO: :cheers:

I feel as though you have been around a while as I have enjoyed your pics in the trad folder thread :tu: :like:
As I have yours! I feel somewhat of a traitor at the moment, I've been carrying a SAK Pruner for some 7 months straight now and the traditionals have been gathering dust. Heck, most of them are for sale :( I like that Pruner that much. That said I have something rather special on the way (if it's ever released from 'prebook' status) which I hope to make up for it. It's going to be my first ever Barlow!

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #27 on: August 02, 2017, 07:41:46 PM
Welcome pomsbz   :cheers:

I too have enjoyed your pics !

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #28 on: August 02, 2017, 07:52:10 PM
Welcome aboard buddy,  we are quite the friendly bunch!  Glad your enjoying yourself,  beautiful photos too.

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #29 on: August 02, 2017, 07:57:22 PM
Since you're a fifth of the way down to the punishment chicken... I mean No life club, here is a belated welcome :tu:

Can someone fill me in on this? I'm starting to get nervous. I used to like chicken...  :ahhh

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%