Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Another Cutting question-Can Spirit cut barbed wire?

Offline jscalia

• New User
Another Cutting question-Can Spirit cut barbed wire?
on: February 13, 2007, 03:17:20 PM
This is a follow up to the last question I posted about the Spirits ability to cut various type of wire. Has anyone been able to cut barbed wire with the Spirit? I know it may seem like a silly question, but just this past weekend I had to cut some with my SOG powerlock because it was dangling dangerous low over a hiking path I had been traversing.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Another Cutting question-Can Spirit cut barbed wire?
Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 09:12:46 PM
I guess it depends really, on the thickness and the type of wire.  If it is multiple strands of wire then you will likely encounter the same problem as you did with the cable.  Fibrous metal resists cutting quite well.

I have seen some barbed wire that is fairly thin and likely would be cut with ease by the Spirit.  I have also seen some heavy duty stuff (I worked in jails for three years) that can only be cut by the jaws of life.

But, better to have the tools with you to try out than to not have the tool and never know!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Irish Sentry

Re: Another Cutting question-Can Spirit cut barbed wire?
Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 08:10:29 PM
I have cut regular farm store barbed wire (2 or three strand) with mine with no problems....again there are different types but here in Michigan this seems to be the standard...hope that helps you

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%