Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

August Donation Draw

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
August Donation Draw
on: August 12, 2017, 02:34:05 PM
I realize this announcement is late, baton the other hand, I am making it up to you by offering two tools- the brand new SOG Baton Q1 and Q2!

A lot has been said about the Baton series so far, some good, some bad, as with any new tool, so here is your chance to get the first two of the series without spending a lot of money!  And, you get to help out the forum too- you saw how much we gave away last month (and continue to give away!  :ahhh) so I don't think you need to look too hard to see where the forum donations go! 

The Q1 is a great office tool, featuring a pen, fold away scissors and a bottle opener/screwdriver in a package not much larger than a tactical type pen- but with a lot more function than dispatching ninjas and then signing your name on their foreheads!

I've been using mine for a while now and I am actually really enjoying how convenient it is.  And, in fact the scissors remind me greatly of what I consider to be the ultimate scissor tool, the Leatherman Micra.  High praise indeed, and if that doesn't make you want to try it out, I don't know what else I can say that would work!   :ahhh

Yes, I really am that impressed, and I'll do a comparison shortly.

In addition to the screwdriver/bottle opener, the Q2 also features a flashlight and an ingenious knife blade, but I'll get to that shortly.  The flashlight is a twisty type, and overall I prefer a clicky type, but this one isn't so bad.  Some twisty lights feel as if you are going to lose the head because it is so loose when you turn it off, but thanks to advances in O Ring technology, this one stays firm until you want to undo it the whole way!

But wait, there's more!

Remember in Men In Black when Tommy Lee Jones told Will Smith not to press the little red button?  Well, there's no problem pressing the little red button on the Q1, because that allows the Compound Leverage to swing into action ( :facepalm:) and expose the knife blade!  smurf's just gotten serious now folks!  And yeah, I know technically the Compound Leverage gears don't really give any actual benefit here strength wise (like they do with pliers and scissors etc) but it does allow the end to rotate fully and evenly to give a good solid grip and excellent control over the blade- and let's face it, the way SOG sharpens things, you absolutely want control over that blade!   :ahhh

Plus, let's face it, gears are just smurfing cool, and having gears in a flashlight is even cooler!

So, how does one get this bundle of awesomeness?  Simple- donate $10US (or more) to the Forum Operational Fund before midnight on August 31st (forum offset time as usual) to be entered into the draw.  Each $10 you donate gets you an additional chance to win, but it's not that simple, because let's face it, where's the fin in life without a few wrinkles here and there to keep it interesting!  Just make sure you use the Donations link at the top, the big orange Make a Donation button on the right or  follow this link:

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?action=treasury

They all go to the same place, because we really want to make this easy on you!

If we don't hit our goal of $275 before midnight (Forum Offset Time) on the 31st, these items will probably end up in The Multitool.org Store, where you will have to pay more to get your hands on them, and really, who wants to pay more?  Besides, there is lots of other cool stuff in the store that you absolutely have to have!   :pok:

On the other hand, I am going Double or Nothing this month (as we do every month) and say that if we hit the $275 goal by midnight on the 20th, I will add an Early Bird Prize, but you won't know what that is until you win it, and of course, anyone that wins will remain in the running for the big draw... which was what again?  Oh yeah, it was two brand spanking new SOG Batons!  How could I forget?  :D

Get donating already, or I'm going to hire Sally Struthers to start doing these, and trust me, none of us want that!   :ahhh

Def
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 02:36:32 PM by Grant Lamontagne »
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Re: August Donation Draw
Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 03:10:18 PM
Do the donations made in August before today counts?

It's not failure if you learn something from it

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 03:12:01 PM

I would say yes ;) Just we have been so busy with all kinds of stuff lately that this one just got started late :salute:

They look very lovely don't they :dd: :like: :like:

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 03:14:39 PM

I would say yes ;) Just we have been so busy with all kinds of stuff lately that this one just got started late :salute:

They look very lovely don't they :dd: :like: :like:
Thanks! Yes they do

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 04:59:34 PM
All donations made in August count, even ones made before this announcement!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 01:52:02 AM
 :pok:

Def

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 11:47:41 AM
 :imws:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30