Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Unkown sak

be Offline Milan Vandenbilcke

Unkown sak
on: August 12, 2017, 06:46:59 PM
I bought this sak a while ago but didn't really look into it. Instead of the Victorinox logo it says 'SIA', the small knife and corkscrew has a different shape and the can opener has +PAT on it, the reamer aldo doesn't have the sewing hole. The knife says 'Victoria Officier Suisse' and on the other side 'Victorinox Switzerland Stainless Rostfrei'
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 07:06:08 PM by Milan Vandenbilcke »
22 year old tinkerer

us Offline strmliner

• No Life Club
Re: Unkown sak
Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 07:02:33 PM
While your last picture (assuming it was of the main blade) didn't come through, based on what you say is stamped on the tang of the main blade it appears to date from about 1968-1971. I'm only guessing, but I'd say an advertising Standard since it lacks T&T. One of our knowledgeable collectors can provide a better ID.

Nice pick up...  :cheers:
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they go."    -Will Rogers

Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 07:05:36 PM
While your last picture (assuming it was of the main blade) didn't come through, based on what you say is stamped on the tang of the main blade it appears to date from about 1968-1971. I'm only guessing, but I'd say an advertising Standard since it lacks T&T. One of our knowledgeable collectors can provide a better ID.

Thanks for the information! But what is T&T?

22 year old tinkerer

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 07:06:47 PM
I have nothing to add concerning the SAK, but the Logo is for SIA Abrasive, it's an older version. Since the company is based in Switzerland we can be fairly certain its genuine.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 07:09:14 PM by Etherealicer »
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 07:07:04 PM

Thanks for the information! But what is T&T?
Tweezers & Toothpick

Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 07:11:27 PM
Okay! Thanks guys

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (5) Plus met Tapatalk

22 year old tinkerer

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 11:25:03 PM

I'd say that's close but I think it could be anywhere between 61-71 61 introduced the sharpened awl, hidden rivets. Since there is no keyring and they were making them without bails at that point.   I assume that SIA stands for Swiss Insurance Association.

A picture of the main blade/stamps and other side of the awl would be cool.  :cheers:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 11:10:53 AM

[...]I assume that SIA stands for Swiss Insurance Association. [...]
No, its SIA Abrasive, I'm certain of that. Its their old logo.

Back then everything was German/French or Italian here, SIA as abbreviation for the Swiss Insurance Association is rather modern, back then it would have been SVV/ASA
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 11:13:39 AM by Etherealicer »

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 04:58:14 PM

[...]I assume that SIA stands for Swiss Insurance Association. [...]
No, its SIA Abrasive, I'm certain of that. Its their old logo.

Back then everything was German/French or Italian here, SIA as abbreviation for the Swiss Insurance Association is rather modern, back then it would have been SVV/ASA

Cool, makes sense  :cheers:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%