Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wave sheath and tweezer question?

Offline Chirish

• New User
Wave sheath and tweezer question?
on: February 08, 2023, 01:55:45 AM
Hey all, has anyone ever cut a hole in the bottom of the nylon sheath so you could drop the wave in there when the pliers are extended. I'm just wondering if there was a proper way to do it without having it all frayed and destroyed after some use. ?

and
I gave my previous wave plus to my kid for his BDay but forgot to take out my tweezers, that I had stashed in there. Now, I have a new wave but I see there's no tweezers to be found. What are people using these days (not that I used them much, and of course junior's like, oh gee I think I lost them already, ha.) ?

Thanks .

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Wave sheath and tweezer question?
Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 02:13:58 AM
Welcome to :MTO: Leatherman actually use to make sheaths with the hole cut out in the bottom so you could have them open in the sheath :salute: I have never cut a hole in one of the newer sheaths and not sure anyone here has but they may have :think: you can always cut it and take a lighter to the frayed edges and burn them to keep it from unraveling :salute:

As for tweezers, you may have added them to yours (or someone did) because they don't come from Leatherman with them :cheers:

I always keep a small Swiss Army Knife (SAK) on me and they have toothpick and tweezers, so I never felt the need to add them to my full sized LM :cheers:

us Offline LoopCutter

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 05:20:26 AM
The sheath was/is nylon weave, labeled “LTG part 945300”

This is the large version for the Surge but well hold a plier extended Wave adequately.

As you can see if the pliers are folded into the handles the Wave will slide around in the sheath.   And the hole is build into the bottom for such purpose. 
On a Surge, if open you cannot close the top to secure the tool. So same would be true with a medium and a Wave.

Regards

Also, welcome aboard :woohoo:
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

us Offline LoopCutter

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 08, 2023, 05:34:50 AM
PS: LM has the camo version on there site via this link - https://www.leatherman.com/realtree-camo-sheath-4-5-618.html

$6.00 US, your lucky day.   Again this larger than a WAVE sheath yet will do exactly what you want.  I use this model for my OHT and it works well with that tool.  It is wider than the one I pictured.

And if still curious about the tweezers, iirc, about 4 or 5 years ago there was discussion here about a mod to store one on a wave.

Good luck.
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

Offline Chirish

• New User
Reply #4 on: February 08, 2023, 04:54:47 PM
Good info. I'm giving that realtree sheath a try. On the tweezers I was refering to the replacement tweezers from the Leatherman style, that you can slide in on the top of the handle, they seem to be out of stock everywhere.

Thanks for the replies and pics.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: February 08, 2023, 06:05:21 PM
Welcome.  I'd echo Poncho on carrying a 58mm keychain Swiss army classic.  They'll have good tweezers and toothpick not to forget a good small scissor, blade, and file.  Attach to your keys if you can and be all set. 

If you just want tweezers I can recommend uncle bills sliver grippers.  Best darn tweezers you can stash in your wallet or keychain.  You can buy replacement Swiss army knife tweezers too.  Not sure if they'll fit inside your Wave tho?

Best to you.     
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline darrylf

Reply #6 on: February 21, 2023, 03:52:07 AM

Tweezers for the Leatherman style will unofficially fit into wave like this. Available on Leatherman site for six dollars.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%