Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Texas Tool Crafters is back

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Texas Tool Crafters is back
on: August 15, 2017, 06:55:12 PM
https://txtoolcrafters.com/

They must have settled with Leatherman.  The TTC tool are now marked with identifiers that say "Modifications by Texas Tool Crafters, Inc."

« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 07:03:20 PM by powernoodle »
:doggy: :doggy: :doggy:

us Offline Awesom-0

Re: Texas Tool Crafters is back
Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 07:05:35 PM
Great. I hope they add some other blade steels tho.
Also does anyone know about fitting the blades? Curious if you have to hand fit the locking part of the blade,  which I would prefer.

ca Offline JP

Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 05:14:48 AM
Good stuff. I had a Midas Touch Skeletool. It was great until I lost it.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 07:04:26 AM
Also discussed here https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,70916.60.html

Not that I am there target clientele anyway, but now with that terrible looking branding on the presentation side, complete and absoloute deal breaker  :twak:

For a company specifically to make modifications to tools that were almost purely about looks and wow factor and not functionality. This is just a travesty and completely takes them out of the game imo

:facepalm:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 07:07:18 AM by kaput »
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

Offline ChrisinHove

Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 08:33:05 AM
It's good to see a genuine business back in the game rather than being picked over by lawyers.

I wish they'd do replacement blades in a higher end functional steel : something like s35vn.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 08:34:17 AM by ChrisinHove »

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 10:36:16 AM
It's good to see a genuine business back in the game rather than being picked over by lawyers.

I wish they'd do replacement blades in a higher end functional steel : something like s35vn.

They used to...
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

england Offline Kev D

Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 10:39:59 AM

They used to...

I hope they do again

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 01:30:01 PM

They used to...

I hope they do again

I'd put a vote in for FFG too. :)
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 11:23:38 PM
I am just happy I got all of the ones I wanted prior to their legal troubles. That marking is undesirable to say the least. On the other hand, happy to see them back in the game.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline cody6268

Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 04:28:20 PM
I am just happy I got all of the ones I wanted prior to their legal troubles. That marking is undesirable to say the least. On the other hand, happy to see them back in the game.

It is possible that it could be taken off with some elbow grease. Alcohol (or even better, Acetone if you're not working around plastic) and a cotton swab does wonders on a lot of types of tampo printing.

england Offline Kev D

Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 04:51:42 PM

It is possible that it could be taken off with some elbow grease. Alcohol (or even better, Acetone if you're not working around plastic) and a cotton swab does wonders on a lot of types of tampo printing.

Is it printed or laser engraved?

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 05:04:44 PM
I wonder  :think:

TTC could be the official modder to LM.  Why not?  They could pay a royalty to LM or whatever as compensation for tools officially modded and warrantied.  TTC has a good return policy right?  I don't know just thinking out loud. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 02:25:56 AM

They used to...

I hope they do again

I have one of those S35VN blades. With its grey color, it looked really cool on a BO tool, especially the Camo Charge. TTC ground a tiny bit too much on the flat where the liner lock engages. This resulted in a small blade play and a resounding " ding" sound when deployed. I had to take it out of my Charge.

I bought some damascus blades they had on clearance a couple weeks ago. These are deemed defect by TTC. All of them have "Made by Teaxs Tool Crafters Iic. *Defect*" laser etched on the spine. One seemed to be readily usable, though I have not had a chance to installed on my Wave yet. I also received a blank of a Wave PE blade. It was rather amusing. Maybe I should grind it into a keychain prybar?  ???

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #13 on: August 19, 2017, 03:13:08 AM

Is it printed or laser engraved?
To me that looks like a photoshopped image to show what they would look like rather than a photo of an actual marked multitool.
I'm probably wrong though.

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #14 on: August 19, 2017, 05:17:31 PM
Nope, not photoshop. According to TTC item description on eBay, each tool is labeled as follow:  "Modified by Texas Tool Crafters" and a unique serial number. Looks like laser engraving, I don't think it's possible to remove it with some elbow grease.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TTC-Modified-Tool-Dual-Shogun-Edition-Damascus-Based-on-Leatherman-Wave-/201921792444?hash=item2f037a09bc:g:YbQAAOSwK6RZFKnl
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 05:23:29 PM by JustinCase »
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

nz Offline Pauldmmwc

Reply #15 on: August 20, 2017, 07:07:39 AM
Hi.
I have a new orange TTC wave . The "modification by...." Tag is not on the side of the tool but rather on the thin edge between the 2 external blades near the tool lock release.
I saw on the TTC website free name engraving and the pics showed this engraving on the regular blade so I thought that will do me.
The name comes engraved on the side of the tool on the handle.
I will try and post some pics tomorrow as am battling to get pics small enough to post.

:drink: :drink:
Now it is beer time.

P
Semper Sitienti !!

nz Offline Syncop8r

nz Offline Pauldmmwc

Reply #17 on: August 20, 2017, 10:56:14 PM
Hi Gang

The pics as promised. The pic with the name engraved has been doctored me  by slightly just to remove half my name.

Thanks for the link Syncop8r.

PD

name.jpg
* name.jpg (Filesize: 180.21 KB)
ttclogo.jpg
* ttclogo.jpg (Filesize: 142.57 KB)
Semper Sitienti !!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00