Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Let's see some Kershaw's!

Spartan19 · 368 · 16505

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Let's see some Kershaw's!
Reply #120 on: March 10, 2018, 02:16:23 PM

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #121 on: March 10, 2018, 05:56:39 PM
+1! Got a pic of the Link yesterday :cheers:
0309181239a.jpg
* 0309181239a.jpg (Filesize: 243.34 KB)
Send In the spartans

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #122 on: March 10, 2018, 09:36:52 PM
+1! Got a pic of the Link yesterday :cheers:
:like: :tu: :tu:

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #123 on: March 11, 2018, 03:35:18 AM
Send In the spartans

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #124 on: March 12, 2018, 09:23:15 PM
My great friend Nix just sent me this awesome Skyline, along with a new Pacific Salt :mail: Thanks Nix!!! :salute:
DSCN4071.JPG
* DSCN4071.JPG (Filesize: 235.97 KB)
Send In the spartans

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #125 on: March 13, 2018, 07:52:34 AM
anybody know whats going on with these links? Maybe one is older, not sure, but I couldn't resist a backup for $20 last week on amazon, one has flag etched on blade and one doesnt

:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #126 on: March 13, 2018, 08:30:52 AM
The flag blade has a deeper edge grind and flipper seems a little more rounded  ??? No idea what's going on here, they were bought within 2 weeks of each other

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #127 on: March 13, 2018, 01:40:21 PM
The flag blade has a deeper edge grind and flipper seems a little more rounded  ??? No idea what's going on here, they were bought within 2 weeks of each other

AFAIK all Kershaw knives made on the USA were upgraded or updated with the flag in 2016,
previous to that it was only on a few select models   :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #128 on: March 13, 2018, 07:20:01 PM

AFAIK all Kershaw knives made on the USA were upgraded or updated with the flag in 2016,
previous to that it was only on a few select models   :salute:

That's good to know, because my link has the flag on the blade, and my Scallion only has it on the handle, and nowhere on the blade
Send In the spartans

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #129 on: March 13, 2018, 07:45:49 PM
good to know, thx Peacent

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #130 on: March 14, 2018, 12:52:04 AM
Kershaw Knockout! A.K.A the 1870BLK.
The handles are aluminum, but there is a place "knocked out" of the frame for a steel lock bar. Pretty cool knife. :)
20180313_184109-1.jpeg
* 20180313_184109-1.jpeg (Filesize: 98.99 KB)
20180313_184528-1.jpeg
* 20180313_184528-1.jpeg (Filesize: 109.64 KB)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #131 on: March 14, 2018, 02:00:11 AM
The handles are aluminum, but there is a place "knocked out" of the frame for a steel lock bar. Pretty cool knife. :)

Very cool! Awesome looking knife :like: :like:
Send In the spartans

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #132 on: March 14, 2018, 02:40:51 AM
Thank you,  Spartan! Probably my new favorite Kershaw. :cheers:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #133 on: March 14, 2018, 02:41:45 AM
Your very welcome!
Send In the spartans

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #134 on: March 14, 2018, 03:27:48 AM

very nice, like the color contrasts, enjoy. It's a great knife, been one of my favorites since I got it.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #135 on: March 14, 2018, 03:50:46 AM

very nice, like the color contrasts, enjoy. It's a great knife, been one of my favorites since I got it.
Thank You, Beard! I had watched some youtube videos saying how good it was and traded two of my other Kershaws for the Olive BLK Knockout (love anything olive handled) for it when the chance came. Can't believe the Knockout only costs $60 new. Seems like it would be more with the Swedish steel and aluminum handles.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #136 on: March 14, 2018, 05:15:06 AM
edited post, didnt mean to sound like a smurfbag, just lamenting the high prices these days vs low prices from a few years back
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 06:40:36 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #137 on: March 14, 2018, 05:46:47 AM
Great thread :tu: one of my purchases this year will be a Kershaw Bare knuckle. Kershaw doing a manual knife on kvt bearings and something better than 8cr....I have a lot of hope for it. Kershaw really does give great value.
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #138 on: March 14, 2018, 05:47:39 AM
Hey,
A deal is a deal! And that was a good one!

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #139 on: March 14, 2018, 05:53:20 AM
I think those days are over unfortunately, prices have sky rocketed especially multis, hard to get those crazy deals except around black friday.

I saw a video of that bare knuckle someone posted from shot show, does look very cool.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #140 on: March 14, 2018, 06:00:07 AM
Hey Demel,
Kershaw has a lot of good knives using Sandvik steels that are much better than their Chinese 8cr and 3cr blades. Even their 420hc(like the Link) seems to retain an edge a bit better than the 8cr they use. Although, I really like the Cryo that uses 8cr13mov for the price, so I cannot complain too much. :P

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #141 on: March 14, 2018, 06:07:00 AM
Hey Demel,
Kershaw has a lot of good knives using Sandvik steels that are much better than their Chinese 8cr and 3cr blades. Even their 420hc(like the Link) seems to retain an edge a bit better than the 8cr they use. Although, I really like the Cryo that uses 8cr13mov for the price, so I cannot complain too much. :P

do you have the g10 model? if so how is it? the regular one has very tight clip, I like the knife a lot but dont carry that much cause its hard to pull out of jeans pocket

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #142 on: March 14, 2018, 06:21:08 AM
Hey Demel,

do you have the g10 model? if so how is it? the regular one has very tight clip, I like the knife a lot but dont carry that much cause its hard to pull out of jeans pocket
I have the heavy steel Cryo, but would like to get a G10 cryo at some point!
Most Kershaw clips are too tight on my carpenter jeans. This is in no way encouraging doing this, but I usually over spring the clip a little at a time until it is "just right".  :)

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #143 on: March 14, 2018, 12:36:32 PM
Great thread :tu: one of my purchases this year will be a Kershaw Bare knuckle. Kershaw doing a manual knife on kvt bearings and something better than 8cr....I have a lot of hope for it. Kershaw really does give great value.

as I posted before, my first Kershaw was a Nura 3.5, (https://www.knifecenter.com/item/KS4035TIKVT/kershaw-4035tikvt-nura-35-flipper-folder-plain-blade-stainless-steel-handles) at the time their cheapest offering with KVT. I don't have that Nura today, but I remember its flipping action and budget but very serviceable steel got me in love with the brand, following 4 more knives after that one  :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #144 on: March 15, 2018, 12:30:58 AM

as I posted before, my first Kershaw was a Nura 3.5, (https://www.knifecenter.com/item/KS4035TIKVT/kershaw-4035tikvt-nura-35-flipper-folder-plain-blade-stainless-steel-handles) at the time their cheapest offering with KVT. I don't have that Nura today, but I remember its flipping action and budget but very serviceable steel got me in love with the brand, following 4 more knives after that one  :salute:

+1! great knives! :like: Out with the new skyline Nix gave me. Thanks Nix! :salute:
DSCN4107.JPG
* DSCN4107.JPG (Filesize: 268.71 KB)
Send In the spartans

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #145 on: March 15, 2018, 12:46:42 AM
Cool little knife, Spartan!  :like:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #146 on: March 15, 2018, 01:11:16 AM
That is a beautiful Skyline! Nix has good taste picking the blue handles. :)

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #147 on: March 15, 2018, 01:12:09 AM
That is a beautiful Skyline! Nix has good taste picking the blue handles. :)
Cool little knife, Spartan!  :like:

Thanks guys! :salute:
Send In the spartans

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #148 on: March 16, 2018, 05:19:16 AM
Hey Demel,

I have the heavy steel Cryo, but would like to get a G10 cryo at some point!
Most Kershaw clips are too tight on my carpenter jeans. This is in no way encouraging doing this, but I usually over spring the clip a little at a time until it is "just right".  :)

I think my issue is actually the deep carry clip and big screw heads near the top, and I usaully wear jeans so Its hard to get the top of clip to sit on pocket seam, but I might give your idea a try....but damn that is one strong clip
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 05:20:38 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #149 on: March 16, 2018, 01:26:43 PM
Ahh! I see what you mean now! Those screw heads are ridiculous. Even the Knockout has them.
I wonder if there is a source for screws with more flattened heads?
I'll do some searching around tonight. There has to be a quick fix for the screws. I generally tend to just push the clip over the pocket seam and stop at the screws. Not ideal, nice looking or seemingly secure. :-\
I wouldn't mind buying a really cheap folding knife to rob the screws off of, but the threading may be the issue. The screws can be cut down if they are too long for tip down carry.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%