Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Let's see some Kershaw's!

Spartan19 · 368 · 15770

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Re: Let's see some Kershaw's!
Reply #30 on: February 05, 2018, 09:14:51 PM
It's so sad that Kershaw knives are only budget options in the US.  :-[

There they are really nice, fun and inexpensive folders with so many different features (SpeedSafe, IKBS, different blade steels, shapes, sizes, handle materials and colors, etc.) you can try almost any and every feature of modern folding knives and have a very decent collection in a few months

(Image removed from quote.)

My favorite that I own is the OSO Sweet, I could find it at very good price. :)

The ones I'd like to own are more than 30, but the CQC Series, the Chill, Whirlwind, Launch and the new Method have been on my  :drool:  sight for a long time. Their neck knives are also very sexy and decent looking.

If only Kershaw had a similar price in all countries, I'd have never gotten a Ganzo or other Chinese branded knives I'm sure of that   :rant:

I hear that percent! I love that one of mine. I got it off of Amazon for a good deal
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 09:19:55 PM by Spartan19 »
Send In the spartans

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #31 on: February 06, 2018, 05:40:39 AM
I will post some newer pics tomorrow, but here's one to avoid, got it super cheap on amazon for like $13, but it is stupid big, heavy and the paint is slippery, I had to scuff the flipper and lock with a wire brush to make it easier to use, a beater I guess. Identity(big stupid ugly slippery heavy is what that means  :rofl:)

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: February 06, 2018, 08:46:39 AM
I have a bit of a Kershaw problem  :facepalm:

I very much like the Knockout.........  :drool: .......but I know it won't fit my carry.

Also very much like the Skyline, (semi) ordered it once, had it in hand and felt it was to small for me........bought by somebody else the same day....

Now there's a massive discount on it, and I've grown to love small & light  :facepalm:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: February 06, 2018, 09:49:48 AM
I have a bit of a Kershaw problem  :facepalm:

I very much like the Knockout.........  :drool: .......but I know it won't fit my carry.

Also very much like the Skyline, (semi) ordered it once, had it in hand and felt it was to small for me........bought by somebody else the same day....

Now there's a massive discount on it, and I've grown to love small & light  :facepalm:

Knockout is very light believe it or not, Will get a few pics up tomorrow, has a great wide blade and handle is pretty thin as well. Really great knife, I got amazing deal on it a few years back. Lots of people seem to like the skyline, I missed it at lower price and its just too much $ past couple of years

« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 09:54:36 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: February 06, 2018, 11:44:25 AM
The Knockout is the only Kershaw I can think of that always grabs my eye, and it has for a long time.

Every review I see just makes me want it more.......BUT.....

It might be thin but it's very wide, clipped it would work, in-pocket like I have to 80% of the time.....not so much.

Looking forward to the pics  :cheers:

BTW.....the supplier where my purchases come from has the G10 model in stock.......really love the green but not so much the black blade on the regular model.  :think:

us Offline charlie fox

Reply #35 on: February 06, 2018, 01:49:04 PM
Here are mine...
"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #36 on: February 06, 2018, 02:53:05 PM
 :drool:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: February 06, 2018, 07:19:56 PM
I will post some newer pics tomorrow, but here's one to avoid, got it super cheap on amahttps://forum.multitool.org/index.php?action=post;topic=68477.10680;last_msg=1631764zon for like $13, but it is stupid big, heavy and the paint is slippery, I had to scuff the flipper and lock with a wire brush to make it easier to use, a beater I guess. Identity(big stupid ugly slippery heavy is what that means  :rofl:)

:rofl: I'll have to avoid big stupid ugly slippery heavy in my future Amazon adventures! :D :cheers: I just bought a Scallion toady, I'll get some pics later on of it :tu:
Send In the spartans

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: February 06, 2018, 08:44:41 PM
Here's some pics of the latest....the Scallion :o
DSCN3878.JPG
* DSCN3878.JPG (Filesize: 269.41 KB)
DSCN3877.JPG
* DSCN3877.JPG (Filesize: 260.4 KB)
Send In the spartans

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: February 06, 2018, 10:12:50 PM
Knockout

« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 10:17:12 PM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: February 06, 2018, 10:35:23 PM
 :like: :tu:
Send In the spartans

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: February 07, 2018, 06:29:44 AM
I will post some newer pics tomorrow, but here's one to avoid, got it super cheap on amahttps://forum.multitool.org/index.php?action=post;topic=68477.10680;last_msg=1631764zon for like $13, but it is stupid big, heavy and the paint is slippery, I had to scuff the flipper and lock with a wire brush to make it easier to use, a beater I guess. Identity(big stupid ugly slippery heavy is what that means  :rofl:)

:rofl: I'll have to avoid big stupid ugly slippery heavy in my future Amazon adventures! :D :cheers: I just bought a Scallion toady, I'll get some pics later on of it :tu:

Believe it or not the identity and knockout share a very similar footprint, but that's about it, I would rate Identity a 3/10 and knockout a 9/10, when you compare them it's hard to believe the same company makes both although one is USA made and the other made in China. When you use the knockout you say damn thats a good knife, the identity you say damn thats a pos  :rofl:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #42 on: February 07, 2018, 09:33:54 AM

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: February 07, 2018, 10:22:54 AM
I deduct 1 point from knockout cause it could use some gimping on the spine otherwise its just about perfect imo. I have a bunch more models I will post some pics of soon.

ru Offline Vovaster

Reply #44 on: February 07, 2018, 10:35:51 AM
My current edc knife - Fraxion.
IMG_20180207_121432.jpg
* IMG_20180207_121432.jpg (Filesize: 7.39 KB)
Peace. Work. May.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #45 on: February 07, 2018, 10:40:55 AM
A couple more, sorry about pics, hard to get good lighting at night, think this is the Volt 2, have to find the box or look up order:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #46 on: February 07, 2018, 10:43:16 AM
Ferrite, meh pics, not doing it justice, really nice knife with good speed assist and blade shape

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #47 on: February 07, 2018, 10:44:12 AM
Ferrite, meh pics, not doing it justice, really nice knife with good speed assist and blade shape

Nice lines for sure there.   :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #48 on: February 07, 2018, 01:18:45 PM
I am really loving this thread's revival folks!   :tu:
Nice knives and pics you all!!!  :like: :like:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #49 on: February 07, 2018, 06:14:08 PM
Here are my two favorite Kershaw knives.

IMG_4363.jpg
* IMG_4363.jpg (Filesize: 284.45 KB)
IMG_4361.jpg
* IMG_4361.jpg (Filesize: 274.21 KB)
IMG_4362.jpg
* IMG_4362.jpg (Filesize: 265.31 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #50 on: February 07, 2018, 07:13:21 PM

Believe it or not the identity and knockout share a very similar footprint, but that's about it, I would rate Identity a 3/10 and knockout a 9/10, when you compare them it's hard to believe the same company makes both although one is USA made and the other made in China. When you use the knockout you say damn thats a good knife, the identity you say damn thats a pos  :rofl:

:rofl: I guess that one's shown it's true identity! :pok:  Great pics guys! It's amazing how many models Kershaw has :tu:
DSCN3890.JPG
* DSCN3890.JPG (Filesize: 243.95 KB)
Send In the spartans

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #51 on: February 10, 2018, 09:32:16 AM
Kershaw Zing, got it on sale for $14, very slim like the Leek, and great assited action, but the thumb stud is poorly placed and unusable.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: February 10, 2018, 10:36:28 AM
that stupid off center first pic bothers me more then the thumb stud that doesn't work

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #53 on: February 11, 2018, 01:57:04 AM
that stupid off center first pic bothers me more then the thumb stud that doesn't work

Funny how that works! :pok: :D I have the same issue with the thumb stud on my Scallion. The thumb stud is on both sides, but the handle is only notched out for right handed people, so it's hard to open with your left hand.
Send In the spartans

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #54 on: February 11, 2018, 02:41:52 AM
Here's a couple of Kershaw's

Click on 659.82 and 655.93 for full pictures.
GEDC0569.JPG
* GEDC0569.JPG (Filesize: 395.96 KB)
GEDC0570.JPG
* GEDC0570.JPG (Filesize: 392.93 KB)

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #55 on: February 11, 2018, 08:23:12 PM

Click on 659.82 and 655.93 for full pictures.

:like: :like: Welcome to the club Vicman! :salute:
Send In the spartans

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #56 on: February 11, 2018, 08:44:38 PM
:like: :like: Welcome to the club Vicman! :salute:
Thanks Spartan.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #57 on: February 12, 2018, 03:33:00 AM

Funny how that works! :pok: :D I have the same issue with the thumb stud on my Scallion. The thumb stud is on both sides, but the handle is only notched out for right handed people, so it's hard to open with your left hand.

never knew that and I carry the black scallion from my pic above all the time, but in right pocket. this zing is impossible to use stud, its way too close to handle, sometimes I wonder how I get them so cheap until I discover the flaw.

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #58 on: February 12, 2018, 02:29:16 PM

never knew that and I carry the black scallion from my pic above all the time, but in right pocket. this zing is impossible to use stud, its way too close to handle, sometimes I wonder how I get them so cheap until I discover the flaw.

Yeah, if you look at the two thumb studs, the right hand one actually has a groove in the handle for more room. I find it easier to just use the plunge for deployment, being left handed.
Send In the spartans

ph Offline Teofilo

• No Life Club
Reply #59 on: February 12, 2018, 02:47:11 PM
My Kershaw link with Damascus blade

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31