Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Shop Tour: Aosta, Italy

gb Offline Little Tinker

Shop Tour: Aosta, Italy
on: August 17, 2017, 08:24:07 PM
I thought it might be interesting to share what can be found in various places.  Is there already a place to do that?

I was in Aosta, Italy yesterday and was surprised how many places kept knives given the size of the main shopping area.  Three "ferramenta" (iron / hardware shops, although one suspiciously enticing looking one with lots of aged other stuff in window was closed for their summer break) plus a smattering in gift and other shops.

The ferramenta had full display cabinets, but nothing aged or unusual.  One shop sold three Vics while I was in there, so no surprise that their stock was all nice and new  >:(.  A few things caught my eye elsewhere:

- SwissCard anniversary(?) packs with a leather folding case inside
- Collection of small Victorinox specials with stone, gold, etc scales
- Wenger Mountain Bike: not particularly special but now discontinued?
- Wenger Millennium 2000
- Victorinox with Cross Pen packs in red and blue

Pics:
Vic Specials.jpg
* Vic Specials.jpg (Filesize: 180.8 KB)
Wenger 2000.jpg
* Wenger 2000.jpg (Filesize: 128.39 KB)
Cross.jpg
* Cross.jpg (Filesize: 149.13 KB)

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Re: Shop Tour: Aosta, Italy
Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 08:30:03 PM
I thought it might be interesting to share what can be found in various places.  Is there already a place to do that?

I was in Aosta, Italy yesterday and was surprised how many places kept knives given the size of the main shopping area.  Three "ferramenta" (iron / hardware shops, although one suspiciously enticing looking one with lots of aged other stuff in window was closed for their summer break) plus a smattering in gift and other shops.

The ferramenta had full display cabinets, but nothing aged or unusual.  One shop sold three Vics while I was in there, so no surprise that their stock was all nice and new  >:(.  A few things caught my eye elsewhere:

- SwissCard anniversary(?) packs with a leather folding case inside
- Collection of small Victorinox specials with stone, gold, etc scales
- Wenger Mountain Bike: not particularly special but now discontinued?
- Wenger Millennium 2000
- Victorinox with Cross Pen packs in red and blue

Pics:

I don't suppose you fancy going back and picking up the one on the right in the first picture for me do you? Please  :pok: :tu:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

gb Offline Little Tinker

Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 08:41:27 PM

I don't suppose you fancy going back and picking up the one on the right in the first picture for me do you? Please  :pok: :tu:

I wished I could have posted while I was there, but couldn't.  It's a 5h round trip, and we'll be heading in opposite direction to Lyon to fly home tomorrow - so in short "no"  :(.

I can PM shop details.  At least two of the three were EUR98 and EUR102 respectively.  Let me know.

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 08:47:26 PM

I wished I could have posted while I was there, but couldn't.  It's a 5h round trip, and we'll be heading in opposite direction to Lyon to fly home tomorrow - so in short "no"  :(.

I can PM shop details.  At least two of the three were EUR98 and EUR102 respectively.  Let me know.

PM please sir :)
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD