Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Stop by police

00 Offline haja.maideen.988

Stop by police
on: August 18, 2017, 07:10:18 AM
hi, I been stop by police for carrying ceramic knife. it was used at work for cutting fruit.
the police call up head quarter n explain my knife. the sergeant request the police to let me go..

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Stop by police
Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 07:15:10 AM
Where are you?

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 07:31:21 AM
Yeah, depends on the country.

Here Police aren't allowed to search you unless they have probable cause (bloody hands, stockings on head, look like a wanted fugitive etc.). They can stop you at any time and ask for your ID but cannot search you or your car or house without warrant.
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 10:41:35 AM
I don't know about anywhere else, but here the police can search you "if they have reasonable suspicion that you have committed an offense".
They should tell you why you are being searched through.
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 02:53:12 PM
I don't know about anywhere else, but here the police can search you "if they have reasonable suspicion that you have committed an offense".
They should tell you why you are being searched through.

same in my country, except for special occasions like now (24 hrs after a terrorist attack) in which they can stop you justifiably and search your car or person, which is understandable
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 02:59:54 PM
Where are you?

Yeah, depends on the country.

^^^  :salute:
We need to know where you are! 
Everything’s adjustable

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 03:08:40 PM
Singapore?

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 04:58:35 AM
Where ever you are, lawyer up. Don't rely on a bunch of unpaid yahoos on the internet for legal defense or advice past "lawyer up".

"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: August 19, 2017, 08:05:42 AM
Been to london once.
Outside the royal palace, I had to open my bags and EVERYTHING inside and empty my pockets on a nearby wall, ordered by 2 officers.

I was 17 and the only one who had to do so :facepalm:

Never knew why...

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: August 19, 2017, 09:17:47 AM
If your in the uk I don't blame them to be honest as it is kitchen knives used the most for crimes  :-\

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #10 on: August 19, 2017, 09:44:55 AM
Seeing as following on from Barcelona there was a knife attack in Finland any large folding or fixed blade is going to draw attention.

With these low tech attacks it 'can' tip some supporters over the edge between wanting to do it and actually going through with it, so it is one of the few times that heightened security measures are justified. The rest of the time they are only for stopping 'normal' crime and in these cases there would need to be reasonable suspicion or probable cause (depending on where you are in the world).
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: August 19, 2017, 09:57:22 AM
Plus was it in a proper holder in a bag?

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 02:24:14 PM
after the events security is much higher here and LEOs are everywhere so I decided to carry smaller knives, these three for the weekend

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #13 on: August 19, 2017, 02:54:47 PM
That's a beautiful Crunch there TP! :drool:

SAW

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: August 19, 2017, 09:29:12 PM
That's a beautiful Crunch there TP! :drool:

it's the second Crunch I like the most

the first being the Crunch cereals     :D   :drool:

http://www.nestle-family.com/crunch-cereals/english/products/crunch-breakfast-cereal_039344.aspx
My toys:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%