Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anybody got a Ford F150 with ecoboost engine?

Syph007 · 109 · 3719

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Anybody got a Ford F150 with ecoboost engine?
Reply #30 on: August 26, 2017, 05:38:52 PM
I like Line X or Rhino bed coatings.  I have a factory bed protector which has done the job but with my contractor cap having been installed days after getting my rig I never ended up getting the bed sprayed ( still on my list ).  Great looking truck and congrats.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Mizedog

• Mizedog
Reply #31 on: August 26, 2017, 05:51:46 PM
For the record,  people here have been driving without turbos for 100 years and are just fine. ..;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #32 on: August 28, 2017, 11:15:59 PM
Picked it up today.  :D

My son was inspecting it and approves lol.

truck.jpg
* truck.jpg (Filesize: 185.44 KB)
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #33 on: August 28, 2017, 11:21:24 PM
Like a Boss!

Congrats.   :like:
Esse Quam Videri

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #34 on: August 28, 2017, 11:31:04 PM
Where's all the snow?  :P
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #35 on: August 28, 2017, 11:57:19 PM

Wow that's a lot of white!  :D

Looks great Bob- I will admit to more than just a little jealousy!  Good for you- I would imagine that will give you years of trouble free service!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Awesom-0

Reply #36 on: August 29, 2017, 12:22:15 AM
Nice truck. Been looking at them and they are great. If you have to tow anything they are just as reliable as anything unless you get into diesels.

I gotta find a another truck soon and probably grab a barely used 2500hd gas wt 4x4 and hope it lasts like some other GMs I've been around.

You did good. Ford is way better than they used to be.And it should hold up better than most everything. Not to ruffle feathers it's Ford, Chevy, and if you want to spend the money Toyota for full size trucks and larger anymore.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #37 on: August 29, 2017, 01:32:45 AM

Looks great Bob- I will admit to more than just a little jealousy!  Good for you- I would imagine that will give you years of trouble free service!

Def

It's a monster and I love it.  Won't look too white once the bed liner is in.  the only thing it was missing stock was the brake controller and they did add that for me no extra cost so I can't complain.  Now I just need the actual hitch and ball and in good to tow.  It's got this cheat function were you out stickers on your trailer so the camera sees it and will control the steering wheel for you to nail the trailer backup. 

Quite a jump from a civic I tell ya.  Drives so nice but parking does need a bit of space.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: August 29, 2017, 11:31:44 AM

Def

It's a monster and I love it.  Won't look too white once the bed liner is in.  the only thing it was missing stock was the brake controller and they did add that for me no extra cost so I can't complain.  Now I just need the actual hitch and ball and in good to tow.  It's got this cheat function were you out stickers on your trailer so the camera sees it and will control the steering wheel for you to nail the trailer backup. 

Quite a jump from a civic I tell ya.  Drives so nice but parking does need a bit of space.

Happy and safe motoring!  :salute:

I find the comments on the colour amusing, over here in deepest darkest Africa people with sense buy white cars  :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #39 on: August 29, 2017, 04:28:17 PM
That may be, but we don't have the intense heat that you have- instead we tend to lose white cars in the winter!

Bob, are you going with a plastic or sprayed in bedliner?  If you have the choice, I'd strongly suggest going spray in as it doesn't take up any space and you can't get grit between it and the bed.  Plastic bedliners eventually get sand, small rocks etc between them and the bed and they just grind away at the metal with every bump and vibration, and you can't see it since it's covered.  You won't know the bed is eaten away until you put something in it and it falls through.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #40 on: August 29, 2017, 04:51:03 PM
That may be, but we don't have the intense heat that you have- instead we tend to lose white cars in the winter!

(Image removed from quote.)

Bob, are you going with a plastic or sprayed in bedliner?  If you have the choice, I'd strongly suggest going spray in as it doesn't take up any space and you can't get grit between it and the bed.  Plastic bedliners eventually get sand, small rocks etc between them and the bed and they just grind away at the metal with every bump and vibration, and you can't see it since it's covered.  You won't know the bed is eaten away until you put something in it and it falls through.

Def
With snow like that, you're not going to use that car until spring.  :facepalm:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #41 on: August 29, 2017, 05:47:39 PM
Our snow was so deep one year that I actually lost my yellow Jeep.  If it weren't for the wing mirror sticking out it would have been completely buried.

Def

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #42 on: August 29, 2017, 05:50:03 PM

Def

I knew I didnt want a plastic one for that exact reason and didnt want to commit to spray in, so im trying the bedrug.  Ive only read positive thigns about it.  Should be here today or tomorrow.

https://www.autoeq.ca/bedrug-f150-f250

Then the back cover, full front brush guard, wheel well liners, truck mats, adjustable hitch and ball, and winch mount.  Its my mid life crisis truck so I want to be able to run down deer/zombies an pull heavy things around.

Im about to back it up the backyard though to haul away some trees.. its first job.
bedliner.jpg
* bedliner.jpg (Filesize: 46.05 KB)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 05:53:44 PM by Syph007 »

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #43 on: August 29, 2017, 06:38:40 PM
Would that retain moisture and salt?

I did DYI bedliner (herculiner) on my jeep and it came out pretty nice, but once you get it dirty they will always be dusty looking, or maybe I just didn't clean it hard enough.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #44 on: August 29, 2017, 06:46:49 PM
Nice looking truck! Just out of curiosity,  what is the rated MPG/MPK? I am getting about 15-16 on back roads and about 20 mpg on the highway.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 06:50:13 PM by ducttapetech »
Nate

SEND IT!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #45 on: August 29, 2017, 06:56:05 PM

Def

I knew I didnt want a plastic one for that exact reason and didnt want to commit to spray in, so im trying the bedrug.  Ive only read positive thigns about it.  Should be here today or tomorrow.

https://www.autoeq.ca/bedrug-f150-f250

Then the back cover, full front brush guard, wheel well liners, truck mats, adjustable hitch and ball, and winch mount.  Its my mid life crisis truck so I want to be able to run down deer/zombies an pull heavy things around.

Im about to back it up the backyard though to haul away some trees.. its first job.

I believe those are glued in?  (for lack of a better term)

If so then it should work quite well, at least until you try to take it out!   :ahhh

It looks pretty sweet and should help dampen some of the bed noise too, so that's awesome!

I look forward to hearing what you think of is after you have a few miles on it.

Def

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #46 on: August 29, 2017, 08:11:44 PM
It attaches with a bunch of Velcro strips and isn't supposed to move at all. Water goes right though so it can be swept and hosed down to clean. 

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: August 29, 2017, 08:22:07 PM
Good looking trucks, but way out of my league. I'm still running my old faithful Saturn, she just hit 280,000 miles last week, and is still going. I'm going to start sinking money into doing some rebuilds and repairs on her, while saving up to get a motorcycle as another means of transport. She's just too good a car to get rid of. :cheers:
DSCN2841.JPG
* DSCN2841.JPG (Filesize: 249.32 KB)
DSCN2843.JPG
* DSCN2843.JPG (Filesize: 226.4 KB)
Send In the spartans

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #48 on: August 29, 2017, 09:16:53 PM
My old civic was going to need some work to keep it going (New AC compressor and new windshield) and I just wanted to be done with it.

I put it to some light duty work today.  Note Im not just making my wife do the work.  lol.  I used 4wd because I could and I had to test it.  :D

Work01.jpg
* Work01.jpg (Filesize: 230.22 KB)
Work02.jpg
* Work02.jpg (Filesize: 192.79 KB)

us Offline Okie Shyster

Reply #49 on: August 29, 2017, 09:23:10 PM
My old civic was going to need some work to keep it going (New AC compressor and new windshield) and I just wanted to be done with it.

I put it to some light duty work today.  Note Im not just making my wife do the work.  lol.  I used 4wd because I could and I had to test it.  :D

Nothing wrong with getting your wife to do the work if you can.  Most wives catch on quickly and are too smart for that, though.   :D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 09:25:17 PM by Okie Shyster »

ca Offline JP

Reply #50 on: August 29, 2017, 09:24:14 PM
Nice Truck.

Locally, most folks go with the spray-in bedliner.

Will you make a Syph007 modded TruckNut SAK?

>:D

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #51 on: August 29, 2017, 09:49:08 PM

Anytime is the time to drop it in 4x4! :tu:
Send In the spartans

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #52 on: August 30, 2017, 02:48:30 AM
Job #1 done.  Made it to the dump.  :D

dump.jpg
* dump.jpg (Filesize: 234.06 KB)

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #53 on: August 30, 2017, 03:26:48 PM

For interest sake, do you know if the insurance companies in your respective countries rate on the colour of the vehicle?

Surely they have to?  :think:

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #54 on: August 30, 2017, 06:07:48 PM

For interest sake, do you know if the insurance companies in your respective countries rate on the colour of the vehicle?

Surely they have to?  :think:

As far as I know color isn't relevent.  My insurance went down driving this vs the civic.  The guy said it's becaue I'm less likely to be injured.  I'm old now too so insurance wnet down front that.

us Offline Mizedog

• Mizedog
Reply #55 on: August 30, 2017, 08:18:28 PM
I had a Bedrug in my old 2001 Dodge but had a cap on it.  I really liked it.  Warning: pine needles are not quickly removed after carrying a used Christmas tree.  But,  for sleeping,  or keeping cargo from sliding around,  it was great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #56 on: August 31, 2017, 01:29:36 AM
I got my bed liner in today.  I forgot I went with the bed tred vs the bed rug, made by same company.  I think its pretty much the same but a different look.  This stuff is a real heavy duty rubber and foam under the bed part.

It zips together then you use these velcro strips to secure.  Simple, but time consuming.  I had to take all my cargo hooks off first.

I only got the bulkhead, bed and tailgate parts secured today and need to figure out the sides tomorrow.  I need to somehow get the plastic trim off the bed rails and there is no obvious way to me to accomplish that.   :think:
A.jpg
* A.jpg (Filesize: 191.69 KB)
B.jpg
* B.jpg (Filesize: 158.79 KB)
C.jpg
* C.jpg (Filesize: 165.77 KB)
D.jpg
* D.jpg (Filesize: 120.39 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #57 on: August 31, 2017, 01:44:17 PM
There are a few suggestions on the F-150 forum although I imagine you have probably seen that already.

It appears that they are attached with small plastic clips that are likely to break so that you have to buy new ones.   :facepalm:

I take it having the whole thing installed by the dealer wasn't an option?

Def

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #58 on: August 31, 2017, 09:30:42 PM
I figured it out.  It tucked under the plastic.  Just annoying but not impossible.
IMG_20170831_151957-1024x768.jpg
* IMG_20170831_151957-1024x768.jpg (Filesize: 237.6 KB)

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #59 on: September 03, 2017, 03:31:18 PM
Technology feels like cheating.  It means my wife and I don't yell at each other when I back up the truck to hitch the camper.   Takes all the guesswork out. Lol

IMG_20170903_090344-1024x768.jpg
* IMG_20170903_090344-1024x768.jpg (Filesize: 262.14 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68