Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New forum member needs help

us Online David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
New forum member needs help
on: August 23, 2017, 12:54:35 AM
I saw a guy in need of some assistance on Facebook from Pakistan. He is in the Pakistan Army and is looking to get a Leatherman Wave. Due to conversion rates and shipping he would end up paying dearly for and tool that most of us could pick up pretty cheap. I recommended registering here and seeing if we can help him by either finding him an affordable source near to him or maybe someone get one and ship it to him if that's more affordable. His username is waqasahmed, he should chime in on this thread.

Offline waqasahmed

• New User
Re: New forum member needs help
Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 01:13:24 AM
Most respectfull dear friends..
I am waqas ahmed and i live in pakistan..
I want a leatherman tool but heres costs are very high and i can't arange money so please You some help me for a leatherman..

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 01:41:49 AM
Hi waqasahmed I have to say I think I blocked you on FB ,you sent me a message and too be honest I got very confused with the messages as at the time I had a old leatherman up for sale but you sent me a pic of a wave and said I buy? I got confused and thought it was spam,I'm sorry I did this but I've had problems on FB recently and had to delete my old account and start again,sadly I can't afford to buy you a wave but I wish you all the best and I'm sure on here you will get a wave at a better price  :salute:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 02:28:59 AM
Welcome to :MTO:  :tu:

I only have one Wave and would rather keep it but if I had an extra one I would sell it to you :salute:

Good luck in the search :tu:

us Online David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 05:13:10 AM
Hi waqasahmed I have to say I think I blocked you on FB ,you sent me a message and too be honest I got very confused with the messages as at the time I had a old leatherman up for sale but you sent me a pic of a wave and said I buy? I got confused and thought it was spam,I'm sorry I did this but I've had problems on FB recently and had to delete my old account and start again,sadly I can't afford to buy you a wave but I wish you all the best and I'm sure on here you will get a wave at a better price  :salute:
It was I that messaged him this time, he was asking about a good place to buy a Wave that wouldn't cost a lot and I felt no one would give him the time of day. I talked him into registering here in hopes we can at least offer a good supplier in his area.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 06:45:50 AM

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 07:02:03 AM
Curious as to what the knife laws are in pakastan and why they are not available to him? GL
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 08:50:30 PM
Curious as to what the knife laws are in pakastan and why they are not available to him? GL

I think the issue is the cost at local outlets

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 10:03:54 PM

I think the issue is the cost at local outlets
OP mentions conversion rates and shipping costs. That's allot of hoops to jump through.

Wish him luck nonetheless. Waves a great tool!

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 05:24:48 PM
Welcome, Waqas! Take a look at the Trade Forums section. Maybe you can find a good deal.

:salute: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 09:40:43 PM
There are also a lot of good deals at https://store.multitool.org/ and I ship worldwide.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: August 26, 2017, 01:54:50 AM
There are also a lot of good deals at https://store.multitool.org/ and I ship worldwide.

Def
Is there a list of sorts as to where you are able to ship to and not ship to in the world, legality wise? Just curious for my own brain really  :think:

Thanks

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #12 on: August 26, 2017, 02:49:04 AM

Def
Is there a list of sorts as to where you are able to ship to and not ship to in the world, legality wise? Just curious for my own brain really  :think:

Thanks

Governments and their silliness is unimportant to me.  I will ship to any MTO member, wherever they are.  They however take the risk as to what will arrive and what won't, as people in their own countries tend to know their laws better than I do.

Ownership of many things isn't often nearly as restricted as carrying them- ie, you can have things, but not walk around in public with them.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%