Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Almost forgot I had these...

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
on: August 23, 2017, 10:19:27 PM
My dear wife wanted to give these (gifts from a previous employer) to our two sons. Guess what? They politely refused. Not bitten by the bug it would seem, at least not yet... So I took them for safekeeping. Had been lying around in various kitchen drawers for years so the scales are a bit scuffed, but I just gave them a good clean and the innards are good as new.

Sent on my SM-G930F with Tapatalk

Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

nl Offline EMZ

Re: Almost forgot I had these...
Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 10:23:00 PM
My dear wife wanted to give these (gifts from a previous employer) to our two sons. Guess what? They politely refused. Not bitten by the bug it would seem, at least not yet... So I took them for safekeeping. Had been lying around in various kitchen drawers for years so the scales are a bit scuffed, but I just gave them a good clean and the innards are good as new.(Image removed from quote.)

Great Knives!
Isn't KraussMaffei Wegman the manufacturer of Leo's 2...?

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 11:00:24 PM
At 10, when I got bitten by the knife bug, I would have loved to have these, and even now, as I have a thing for defense-related SAKs.   I have a few knives my grandfather got when he was purchasing agent for a couple coal mining-related companies. Most are companies he did business with, but one is a Zippo knockoff lighter that actually has his employer's name etched on it.

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 07:53:56 AM

My dear wife wanted to give these (gifts from a previous employer) to our two sons. Guess what? They politely refused. Not bitten by the bug it would seem, at least not yet... So I took them for safekeeping. Had been lying around in various kitchen drawers for years so the scales are a bit scuffed, but I just gave them a good clean and the innards are good as new.(Image removed from quote.)

Great Knives!
Isn't KraussMaffei Wegman the manufacturer of Leo's 2...?

Correct, but there were and still (now preponderantly) are large civilian departments for railways (locomotives) and injection moulding machines for instance. The latter was the source of the SAKs, about three decades ago.

Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline Zhenchok

Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 05:15:16 AM
Why would they not appreciate a great knife, I would love one :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“All human beings have three lives: public, private, and secret.” ― Gabriel García Márquez

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 07:09:06 AM
Well - and I hope this is not a reflection of their level of affection for me in general - they have never been interested in anything remotely mechanical... computers, sports and the human arts appeal to them more.
Years ago I tried to teach them how to fix a punctured bike tyre, without any success... I guess there is always a chance of that happening when you mix genes

Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 07:34:54 AM
Well - and I hope this is not a reflection of their level of affection for me in general - they have never been interested in anything remotely mechanical... computers, sports and the human arts appeal to them more.
Years ago I tried to teach them how to fix a punctured bike tyre, without any success... I guess there is always a chance of that happening when you mix genes

I was somewhat like your kids when I was younger.

I loved working with computers, elektronics, elektricity etc.
I did have an interested for SAKs but couldn't carry them when attending school full time.

Mechanics was a chapter that I HATED at school, even though I wasnt all that bad at it.

This changed when I reached the age of about 19-20 so there's still hope ;)

Oh and before you start wondering, my username consists out of my first name and is based on another hobby of mine: mechanical wrissmurfches and has nothing to with being a mechanic. That would be rather contradictory...

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 08:04:58 AM
On a side note Mechanickal, I note that the forum software has seen fit to replace a part of your word for 'time pieces to be worn on the wrist', which it probably considers offensive, with 'smurf'  - although I caught your drift. Interesting hobby too, that.

Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 09:36:13 AM
On a side note Mechanickal, I note that the forum software has seen fit to replace a part of your word for 'time pieces to be worn on the wrist', which it probably considers offensive, with 'smurf'  - although I caught your drift. Interesting hobby too, that.

I usualy exploit that software part by saying:
I ousmurfched the sweesmurfer run through the river to the ocean, where it soon would turn into salsmurfer.

Salsmurfer is bad for your SAKs...

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 12:40:32 PM

I did have an interested for SAKs but couldn't carry them when attending school full time.

Mechanics was a chapter that I HATED at school, even though I wasnt all that bad at it.

Oh and before you start wondering, my username consists out of my first name and is based on another hobby of mine: mechanical wrissmurfches and has nothing to with being a mechanic. That would be rather contradictory...

Funny how different people are, yet still can have some interest's and tastes in common...  :cheers:

I was (am) completely the opposite, always had a huge interest (and natural skill) for mechanics, or any thing mechanical with moving parts since i can remember...  :think:
That, and Music  :salute: 
Never really had much interest in sports in general when in school, and still not much today... I really don't give much of a rat's ass about football...  :pommel:

I remember taking stuff apart and putting it back together at like 5 or so...  :facepalm:
I think a lot of the mechanical interest came from my dad i guess, who worked in the shipyard industry...  :salute:
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 01:05:37 PM

Funny how different people are, yet still can have some interest's and tastes in common...  :cheers:

I was (am) completely the opposite, always had a huge interest (and natural skill) for mechanics, or any thing mechanical with moving parts since i can remember...  :think:
That, and Music  :salute: 
Never really had much interest in sports in general when in school, and still not much today... I really don't give much of a rat's ass about football...  :pommel:

I remember taking stuff apart and putting it back together at like 5 or so...  :facepalm:
I think a lot of the mechanical interest came from my dad i guess, who worked in the shipyard industry...  :salute:
Oh don't think I was into sports!
I did Judo and loved that.
Was able to kick some ass too.

Never been into soccer like most men here though.
Don't watch sports on tv at all.
If there's only sports on tv in the evening, I'll watch a recorded movie of some youtube videos about SAKs :dd:

us Offline cody6268

Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 02:34:42 PM

I ousmurfched the sweesmurfer run through the river to the ocean, where it soon would turn into salsmurfer.

Yep, our slightly overbearing cuss word sensor is at it again.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #12 on: August 25, 2017, 04:39:33 PM

And it's funny how it acts with town names like ssmurfhorpe.  :rofl:
I think of it as a charming quirk of this forum.  :cheers:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline Zhenchok

Reply #13 on: August 26, 2017, 07:30:40 AM
I was more like your kids growing up, but I was also raised at a time and place when things were scarce and had to be taken care of. I grew up in Ukraine until the age of 9, we then moved to the US.  I also love anything to do with outdoors,  my love for multitools comes from the gear aspect and having quality tools when you need them, especially for the outdoors. I also wanted to add that a SAK is also helpful when working on computers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 07:33:38 AM by Zhenchok »
“All human beings have three lives: public, private, and secret.” ― Gabriel García Márquez

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #14 on: August 27, 2017, 10:22:40 PM

smurfsmurfsmurfsmurfsmurfsmurfsmurf....

Yup it still works, and we love it  ;)

:D
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #15 on: August 28, 2017, 12:43:13 AM

But it's never seen Battlestar Galactica.  :facepalm:

Frack.
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #16 on: August 28, 2017, 01:44:23 AM

But it's never seen Battlestar Galactica.  :facepalm:

Frack.

I believe Farscape was first on that one :facepalm:
"Hoarder of weirdness,

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #17 on: August 28, 2017, 01:45:37 AM
And I still love Battlestar Galactica...

"Hoarder of weirdness,

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31