Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Time for college football!

us Offline Awesom-0

Time for college football!
on: August 26, 2017, 04:26:20 PM
 :ahhh :ahhh :cheers: :drink: :like:
Let's all remember Texas lost to Kansas last year.
 :pok:
Boomer Sooner

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Time for college football!
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 05:02:30 PM
Well outside of the NFL Draft, I know absolutely nothing about college football so can someone explain the divisions and all those bowls?
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline Awesom-0

Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 05:44:07 PM
Well outside of the NFL Draft, I know absolutely nothing about college football so can someone explain the divisions and all those bowls?
Part of why I love college football over pro is the conferences. And now we have a playoff system.

Basically each are of the US have different conferences. You win your division and you the champion of the conference. Then if you have the best and most wins you get to play in the playoffs to compete for the championship like the superbowl.

Also teams with a good to great record who don't get to be in the playoffs have bowl games. Which are bragging rights and bring in money to their schools.

Every game means much more in college football compared to the NFL. You can usually only lose one game all year to have a chance at the playoffs. And if you ever go to a good college stadium you have more fans than the NFL.

Another one of the best things about college is the awesome rivalries. Google the Red River Shootout/Rivalry. Texas vs Oklahoma is one of the biggest and best rivalries there are.

Also each division generally has a different play style over another conference. Like the Big 12 will have some crazy offenses and tons of points in a game. Very entertaining to me but I'm biased.  :rofl:

Not really any good games on today but you never can tell. If you like the NFL get into watching a few different college games. You will get hooked. And I'll post some of the better games that will come up. I enjoy watching the Big 12 the most from the craziness and lots of scoring. So some games I recommend to never miss are OU vs Texas, OU vs Oklahoma state, OU vs Texas tech. Plenty of great games and rivalries every year those are just usually some of the craziest from this area.

Got any questions I'll do my best to explain. Especially after I get more coffee in me.  :cheers:

hr Offline styx

Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 06:29:52 PM
Considering I'm a Steeler fan, you can imagine what kind of rivalries I like.

Guess I'll be watching the games with a few hours/days delay so if you see any good ones just say and I'll make sure to find 'em. A gym buddy is a Bears fan so might also help him vent if they have a bad season.

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 08:50:33 PM

The best IMHO is the SEC.  I was born and raised an Auburn fan.  The bowls were originally designed to reward teams for a year of games, by giving them a final game to some destination against a team they don't traditionally play.  It also rewards the fans by giving them the option to travel to a destination to see their team play

War Eagle!
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline Awesom-0

Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 09:43:06 PM

The best IMHO is the SEC.  I was born and raised an Auburn fan.  The bowls were originally designed to reward teams for a year of games, by giving them a final game to some destination against a team they don't traditionally play.  It also rewards the fans by giving them the option to travel to a destination to see their team play

War Eagle!
SEC is why we can't have nice things.  :pok: :twak:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 09:44:15 PM by Awesom-0 »

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 10:36:39 PM

War Eagle!
SEC is why we can't have nice things.  :pok: :twak:

???  Because we recruit the best players? Play in the best weather? Play in the most national championships?  :D

:angel:

Go Tigers!
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline Awesom-0

Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 06:58:40 PM
Texas vs Maryland right now.  :facepalm: :rofl: :cheers:

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 12:30:35 AM

The Terrapins  best the Long Horns.....  Good game!

us Offline Awesom-0

Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 01:52:42 AM

The Terrapins  best the Long Horns.....  Good game!
Was crazy to watch. And glad to see the Sooners offense still rocking it.  :ahhh

hr Offline styx

Reply #10 on: September 03, 2017, 11:03:41 AM
Soo Longhorns aren't doing that great.

What I've always wondered if Gators and Hurricanes get to play one another

us Offline Awesom-0

Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 03:47:11 PM
Soo Longhorns aren't doing that great.

What I've always wondered if Gators and Hurricanes get to play one another
Every year. They are rivals. Are some great rivalry games and never know what to expect in them. Often rankings mean nothing in them because it's personal lol.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 04:13:01 PM by Awesom-0 »

hr Offline styx

Reply #12 on: September 03, 2017, 04:59:35 PM
Well that explains why I had to leave Miami in a bit of a hurry

us Offline Awesom-0

Reply #13 on: September 09, 2017, 04:26:44 PM
It's that day again. OU vs tOSU I'm either going to be  :drink: from winning or  :drink: losing.

hr Offline styx

Reply #14 on: September 09, 2017, 08:28:39 PM
That reminds me when I've had one too many and later an ex wanted to watch a Ryan Gosling movie so I put on Remember the Titans

OSU might take

us Offline Awesom-0

Reply #15 on: September 10, 2017, 05:41:14 PM
That was a epic OU game last night. And here is a screen shot of my reddit pick em teams. I got 10/10 right  :cheers:
Screenshot_20170910-103520.jpg
* Screenshot_20170910-103520.jpg (Filesize: 70.87 KB)

hr Offline styx

Reply #16 on: September 10, 2017, 05:46:11 PM
ocf Buckeyes lost

us Offline Awesom-0

Reply #17 on: September 10, 2017, 06:21:01 PM
ocf Buckeyes lost
And it was amazing lol. Payback for beating us at home. And Baker planted OU's flag in the middle of their field.  :like:

hr Offline styx

Reply #18 on: September 10, 2017, 07:28:52 PM
well it was a ball game

us Offline Awesom-0

Reply #19 on: September 12, 2017, 03:13:27 PM
well it was a ball game
Yeah. Was pretty shocked at how bad OSU got rocked. They were lucky OU didn't get a extra 21 points. They are tied at 2-2 now and no team has won at home if I remember correctly. Now I'm ready for more chaos this weekend will have to check on what is coming up.  :ahhh :cheers:

us Offline Awesom-0

Reply #20 on: September 12, 2017, 03:20:40 PM
Just looked at the schedule looks like there should be some good ones to watch.
Texas vs USC: could be pure chaos if Texas pulls off a win. And if they don't its always good to see UT lose  :rofl:
Tennessee vs Florida
Clemson vs Louisville

us Offline Awesom-0

Reply #21 on: September 23, 2017, 05:57:07 PM
Texas Tech vs Houston about to start. Could be a wild game.

hr Offline styx

Reply #22 on: September 23, 2017, 07:57:20 PM
now to find it

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: September 24, 2017, 03:37:03 AM

Tech wins.  27-24

us Offline Awesom-0

Reply #24 on: October 04, 2017, 06:07:22 PM

Tech wins.  27-24
Lol yeah Tech with a defense. Then a close game with OSU. Then Mike beats USC was great.

hr Offline styx

Reply #25 on: October 04, 2017, 06:25:17 PM
I'm actually more interested in UNC - Notre Dame game

us Offline Awesom-0

Reply #26 on: October 04, 2017, 09:58:48 PM
It might be a horribly good game. ND has went down hill and UNC I always think of as a basketball school.

Then there is Texas vs Kansas State. I'll definitely be watching it.

Miami vs FSU good rival that could be good.

LSU vs FLA lol. LSU is a dumpster fire after firing their head coach last year. I like watching them lose ever since Les Miles left OSU to go there.

MSU vs Michigan might be good since they are rivals also.

And I guess the biggest upset that might happen is Cal vs Washington. Haven't watched much of Washington but what I've seen wasn't good enough to be ranked 6th.

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: October 05, 2017, 02:30:25 AM
It might be a horribly good game. ND has went down hill and UNC I always think of as a basketball school.

LSU vs FLA lol. LSU is a dumpster fire after firing their head coach last year. I like watching them lose ever since Les Miles left OSU to go there.

And I guess the biggest upset that might happen is Cal vs Washington. Haven't watched much of Washington but what I've seen wasn't good enough to be ranked 6th.

Hoping the TAM and UA game is interesting.  Auburn vs. Ole Miss should be okay.

us Offline Awesom-0

Reply #28 on: October 05, 2017, 04:30:15 AM

Hoping the TAM and UA game is interesting.  Auburn vs. Ole Miss should be okay.
I hope so also. Aggies have had a rough time for a while now. Think Bama will stomp them tho.

And I missed the Ole Miss game coming up that will be good I bet.  :cheers:

I'll have to watch the OU game since that's my team but it should be a butt kicking. At least it's fun to see the new head coach and Baker play. Should see the backup qb's also. Haven't read much about them but the little one played before and it was strange seeing a Qb that short for OU lol

hr Offline styx

Reply #29 on: October 05, 2017, 08:34:54 AM
well I'm hoping that ND starts going up. Seems every few years they have a few gems on the defense and then it is rebuild all over again

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%