Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's the weather where you live?

us Offline Tired_Yeti

What's the weather where you live?
on: August 27, 2017, 11:21:50 PM
I saw this type of thread work well on another site and I thought it would be interesting here as well. The daily weather dictates our clothing selections and often our EDC. Unless you're a desk monkey working in a cubicle farm everyday, I assume the weather will have at least SOME impact on your choices for the day.

At the moment that I'm writing this, Hurricane Harvey is flooding my city and the other cities around the Houston, TX area. Most folks are staying home. A few venture out and a few assist in rescuing their neighbors. I think all 3 scenarios dictate different loads for the day.
My roads are closed and my neighborhood isn't in trouble yet, so I'm in the "staying at home" group. This gives me complete access to all my tools. So I'm not limited by my pocket space today.

So what's the weather where you live and how has it influenced your load for the day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 11:23:53 PM by Tired_Yeti »

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Re: What's the weather where you live?
Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 12:02:06 AM
I hope you and your family are safe and sound there in Texas, Yeti. We do experience big floodings also in my part of the world.

I now live in Metro Manila, Philippines (one of the world's most dense megaurban area) and its tropical here, hot and humid. As such, can't carry much EDC on me as I usually wear light clothes (no jacket or any thick clothings).

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 05:59:08 PM
Interesting topic, first let me day that I really hope you and yours can weather it with as little problems as possible!

Here in Sweden we generally don't have much trouble with extreme weather but we do have a  large span in temperatures. Where I am the range is approximately between -25 to 30 °C (~-13 to 86°F) so appropriate clothing differ a lot over the course of a year. With this follows that different clothes allows for different carries although I keep my on person EDC fairly light so I'm not hugely impacted.

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 07:41:26 PM
32C here in Jerusalem today. Nice breeze and quite cool in the shade. Rather pleasant, felt like autumn.
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 09:06:41 PM
Slightly cooler here in Pennsylvania, but not unpleasant. The sign of another autumn fast approaching :cheers:
DSCN2810.JPG
* DSCN2810.JPG (Filesize: 263.65 KB)
Send In the spartans

au Offline sak60

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 04:59:32 AM
9 C this morning 21.5C now @ 1300hrs.

IMG_0314.JPG
* IMG_0314.JPG (Filesize: 110.1 KB)
Andrew

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 04:59:27 PM
Over here we are experiencing global warming, and what feels like about a one month shift in our seasons.

We had nearly no Winter, Spring is very early........

Short answer is very pleasant weather actually.....

Now already, and even more so in a few months we will be begging for some of that water that's flooding Texas  :facepalm:

us Offline redmond

Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 07:15:48 PM
Very strange summer here in the Seattle area. It's been quite warm and sunny! The upcoming Labor Day weekend is even forecast to be warm and sunny too - unheard of.

Today it will be 85-90F (29-32C) sunny skies but with a bit of smoke in the air from E Washington and British Columbia wildfires.

Thoughts and prayers for the TX/LA folks in the path of Harvey and all that water.

Greg
LM: PST II, Crunch (x2), Squirt, Micra, Skeletool, Rebar, Wave
SAK: Executive, Classic, Compact, Farmer, Fieldmaster, Huntsman, Explorer, SwissChamp, Climber, Camper, Pioneer, Pioneer X, Money Clip, Minichamp, Cadet, Super Tinker, Bijou, Excelsior, Swisstool, Wenger SGT Shortix  Plus, Traveler, Evo S18
 Gerber: Mr. Pinchy, MP600

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 02:56:49 PM
+1. I heard that Texas has been hit bad by Hurricane Harvey, definitely thoughts and prayers for those folks.
Send In the spartans

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 03:05:20 PM
Recent news says this is the coldest summer in 150 years. I had noticed that the nights are much colder than they "should" be and that even the smaller lakes seem to have had a hard time really warming up but I wouldn't have imagined it to be that out of the ordinary,

us Offline Tired_Yeti

Reply #10 on: August 31, 2017, 03:19:04 PM
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. My family and I got through the hurricane without any real problems. Some flooding in my garage and we lost electricity, but only for a couple of hours. Thousands of people in the Houston area here are stuck in the flood waters and/or homeless now. There has been loss of life too. All very sad.

Normally, this area is very hot and humid this time of year. I too keep my EDC light. Regardless of weather or temperature, I keep at least a SAK on me. Usually a Victorinox Craftsman or the Deluxe Tinker. No belts or cases; I pocket carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: August 31, 2017, 03:34:05 PM
Recent news says this is the coldest summer in 150 years. I had noticed that the nights are much colder than they "should" be and that even the smaller lakes seem to have had a hard time really warming up but I wouldn't have imagined it to be that out of the ordinary,

Opposite down here, temp hasn't dipped under 32 for months. Usually defaults at 30 with the occasional spike.
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%