Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Stanley adventure camp cook set

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Stanley adventure camp cook set
on: August 28, 2017, 08:55:41 PM
Picked one up the other day from uttings ...http://www.uttings.co.uk/p116361-stanley-adventure-camp-cook-set-10-01290-009/?adwords=true&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_o7NBRDgARIsAKvAgt3hQzjRdC3SJNNd7VZ2sOtRKb4qXNFW-kjy67cPVhdUmslvehVNq3saAp-yEALw_wcB#.WaRlgyrTXMI ....

so sat in the garden tonight to give it a first run and make a brew for me and my mum.  I checked the capacity of the nesting cups up to the line that's marked in them, and it's the same as a normal coffee mug.  A nice little boil pot, and if folded up a bit the handle doesn't get hot, and neither do the cups when filled with boiling liquid.

us Offline Spork, Lord of Lime Jello!

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Re: Stanley adventure camp cook set
Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 05:16:22 AM
I spent quite a bit of time putting together various setups with the Stanley. Not really my favorite because the tall, narrow shape and tapered bottom made it difficult to get it to perform efficiently. I think it's at its best used over a gas stove with a narrow burner head.

This is the final incarnation...

I found some 11cm stainless mugs at a Dollar store and used one to make a wood/alcohol/tablet stand. It fits over the GSI cup,,,which in turn nests with the Stanley. I've got several GSI cups bought over the years and the Stanley lid will fit on some, but not all of them,,,so I made a separate for this setup.
stanley_stove02.jpg
* stanley_stove02.jpg (Filesize: 35.38 KB)
stanley_stove03.jpg
* stanley_stove03.jpg (Filesize: 34.16 KB)
stanley_lids02.jpg
* stanley_lids02.jpg (Filesize: 30.73 KB)

england Offline Kev D

Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 06:28:15 PM
The nesting cups kept giving an after taste to drinks. I washed them a few times and also gave them a soak with bicarb in them, but it was still there. I got rid of it by putting them in the dish washer on an intense wash.  The after taste is gone now.

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 08:53:56 PM
I spent quite a bit of time putting together various setups with the Stanley. Not really my favorite because the tall, narrow shape and tapered bottom made it difficult to get it to perform efficiently. I think it's at its best used over a gas stove with a narrow burner head.

This is the final incarnation...

I found some 11cm stainless mugs at a Dollar store and used one to make a wood/alcohol/tablet stand. It fits over the GSI cup,,,which in turn nests with the Stanley. I've got several GSI cups bought over the years and the Stanley lid will fit on some, but not all of them,,,so I made a separate for this setup.

:like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD