Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

UST lanterns

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
UST lanterns
on: August 29, 2017, 03:39:24 AM
Hey guys :salute: I bought one of the UST 60 day lanterns a couple years ago and have had very good service out of it :cheers: Has anyone else bought one of these or the 30 Day or any of the UST Lanterns :think: I thought about putting this in the Outdoor forum but thought it might fit better here ??? :D I would like to know if anyone has had luck with the other ones :tu: I have used mine quite a bit outside at night and when we have had power outages :like: It will light a room up and I usually always use it on high and it has yet to need the batteries changed but it does take 6 D cell batteries to run it :o :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :D I have used it in rooms during power outages and when you take off the top it reveals a light bulb type end and it really makes a room light up :cheers:

So who else has a UST Lantern and would like to share :think: :D

If you don't have one then what type of lantern do you use and we can discuss that as well :cheers:

2017-08-28_07-44-05 by Poncho 65, on Flickr

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: UST lanterns
Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 05:10:07 AM
Have a few if these chinese cheap ones strategically located throughout the house... It's a hit or miss in getting good ones... Rechargeable but takes a long time to charge... LED power...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 11:40:58 AM
Looks like they might put out a great deal of light in a power outage anyways  :cheers: :like: :like:

us Offline Awesom-0

Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 10:50:33 PM
I bought two UCO alki lantern/flashlights which seem great for the money if you have rechargeable batteries. After buying those I won a hybridlight. It can be a spot beam, lantern, and power bank. It also can recharge itself with the solar panel on the top. I've used it some but have not tested how long it stays charged. I try not to run down my stuff with lithium ion batteries and don't charge them to 100% unless I am planning ahead. Also got a free wagan tech lantern. It seems well built and has some strong magnets on the base.

Also Dad has one of the Fenix cl25r, that thing seems perfect as a rechargeable lantern. Strong magnet on it's base as well. I'd like their big version as a battery bank I think.

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 11:48:18 PM
Hey guys :salute: I bought one of the UST 60 day lanterns a couple years ago and have had very good service out of it :cheers: Has anyone else bought one of these or the 30 Day or any of the UST Lanterns :think: I thought about putting this in the Outdoor forum but thought it might fit better here ??? :D I would like to know if anyone has had luck with the other ones :tu: I have used mine quite a bit outside at night and when we have had power outages :like: It will light a room up and I usually always use it on high and it has yet to need the batteries changed but it does take 6 D cell batteries to run it :o :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :D I have used it in rooms during power outages and when you take off the top it reveals a light bulb type end and it really makes a room light up :cheers:

If you don't have one then what type of lantern do you use and we can discuss that as well :cheers:

2017-08-28_07-44-05 by Poncho 65, on Flickr

I've got one of those, not branded UCO and green and black in colour, had it a quite a few years now and it's still going strong. I think it cost £5
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline 4everYoung

Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 12:16:06 AM
I have a Coleman stormbeam dynamo lantern that we keep around for emergencies. It has a radio and is capable of recharging electrical devices.(well now most of the plugs are not used anymore). If you crank it for 1 min it last 15 min. But it's nice not to worry about having dead batteries if an emergency hits.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 04:41:26 AM
Be nice to have a dynamo battery charger :like: Especially one that was a lantern as well :o :tu:

A solar charger battery bank has also been on my list for a while as well :salute: :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 04:42:05 AM

Show content

I've got one of those, not branded UCO and green and black in colour, had it a quite a few years now and it's still going strong. I think it cost £5

Seems like a very good deal to me :o :like: :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD