Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Two Layer Tuesday

Fast Bill · 1203 · 48810

us Offline trichosirius

Re: Two Layer Tuesday
Reply #390 on: September 04, 2018, 06:38:24 PM
Used the hook on the Compact to tighten a loose Phillips  :whistle:

IMG_20180904_123139.jpg
* IMG_20180904_123139.jpg (Filesize: 276.78 KB)

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #391 on: September 04, 2018, 06:56:37 PM
Good thinking  :like: :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #392 on: September 04, 2018, 07:22:26 PM

:like: :like:

Now that's inventive spirit, right there...  :hatsoff:
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #393 on: September 04, 2018, 09:24:36 PM
 :like: :iagree: very good

us Offline TonySal

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • join The American Legion Family - since 1919
Reply #394 on: September 05, 2018, 12:13:03 AM

:tu:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline TonySal

Reply #395 on: September 05, 2018, 12:14:55 AM
Happy Two Layer Tuesday Everyone!

Executive - EDC by NorCal Jim, on Flickr
[/quote]
Yes... nice Exec and of course, I dont have one. Sooooo... I JUST ORDERED ONE ENABLER!    :rofl:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline trichosirius

Reply #396 on: September 05, 2018, 12:29:27 AM
Good thinking  :like: :tu:

:like: :iagree: very good

Thanks guys, its not too shabby if you happen to have a spare backside Phillips in your pocket  :D

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #397 on: September 05, 2018, 09:04:09 AM
Thanks guys, its not too shabby if you happen to have a spare backside Phillips in your pocket  :D

Yup, while maybe  the most practical, it will get the job done on a pinch for sure...  :tu:

At least it compensates for that crap combo tool and not having a reliable tool to turn screws... If they had only put the regular cap lifter there instead of the combo, the compact would be almost perfect :D
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

us Offline trichosirius

Reply #398 on: September 05, 2018, 01:47:14 PM

Yup, while maybe  the most practical, it will get the job done on a pinch for sure...  :tu:

At least it compensates for that crap combo tool and not having a reliable tool to turn screws... If they had only put the regular cap lifter there instead of the combo, the compact would be almost perfect :D
The Phillips has been a great addition to my keychain; I keep it on a split ring and am able to use the ring to put a decent bit of torque in the driver. If you needed even more torque you could put some kind of bar or rod through the keyring and use it like a t-handle.
 The other day I was in great need of a Phillips and this method saved the day. I found this thing and put it through the keyring, giving me the torque i needed on a stubborn screw. I don't know what it is but it helped  :D

I wanted to like the combo so much, but it just doesn't make up for the lack of the opener layer. I still like the Compact, but think it will see less pocket time when my 84mm Tinker arrives.

IMG_20180905_074418.jpg
* IMG_20180905_074418.jpg (Filesize: 204.07 KB)

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #399 on: September 05, 2018, 03:23:31 PM

The Phillips has been a great addition to my keychain; I keep it on a split ring and am able to use the ring to put a decent bit of torque in the driver. If you needed even more torque you could put some kind of bar or rod through the keyring and use it like a t-handle.
 The other day I was in great need of a Phillips and this method saved the day. I found this thing and put it through the keyring, giving me the torque i needed on a stubborn screw. I don't know what it is but it helped  :D

I wanted to like the combo so much, but it just doesn't make up for the lack of the opener layer. I still like the Compact, but think it will see less pocket time when my 84mm Tinker arrives.

Thats a very good idea  :tu:

I use a modified hex bit system myself, all i need is the bottle opener on any sak, and i can use any size/type driver i want

us Offline trichosirius

Reply #400 on: September 05, 2018, 04:48:27 PM

I use a modified hex bit system myself, all i need is the bottle opener on any sak, and i can use any size/type driver i want

(Image removed from quote.)

Awesome  :tu:
Now you've got me thinking, and crazy things happen when I start doing that  :whistle:

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #401 on: September 05, 2018, 07:18:30 PM

Now you've got me thinking, and crazy things happen when I start doing that  :whistle:

:rofl:

And its usually the crazier things that works best...  :drink:

us Offline trichosirius

Reply #402 on: September 05, 2018, 10:01:06 PM

:rofl:

And its usually the crazier things that works best...  :drink:
:cheers:

us Offline TonySal

Reply #403 on: September 08, 2018, 03:27:46 AM
Happy Two Layer Tuesday Everyone!

Executive - EDC by NorCal Jim, on Flickr
Yes... nice Exec and of course, I dont have one. Sooooo... I JUST ORDERED ONE ENABLER!    :rofl:
[/quote]
Should we start an Executive lovers place here on MTO ?
join KNIFE RIGHTS

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #404 on: September 11, 2018, 09:08:54 PM
Kickstand Compact. The awl is a very handy tea bag retriever in the canteen when there aren't any tea spoons !
IMG_0829.jpg
* IMG_0829.jpg (Filesize: 201.48 KB)
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #405 on: September 11, 2018, 09:11:15 PM
Nice one FB :like: :tu:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #406 on: September 11, 2018, 10:24:48 PM

Now that’s a pretty cool mod...and I’m liking your coin/knife pouch/purse! How are you liking it? Is it standing up to use fairly well?

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #407 on: September 11, 2018, 10:51:31 PM
Compact for TLT  :salute:
20180911_134817_resized.jpg
* 20180911_134817_resized.jpg (Filesize: 290.22 KB)
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #408 on: September 11, 2018, 10:58:50 PM
Nice yellow there Dan  :like:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #409 on: September 11, 2018, 11:16:57 PM
Nice pic El C :like: :tu:

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #410 on: September 12, 2018, 12:29:48 AM

Now that’s a pretty cool mod...and I’m liking your coin/knife pouch/purse! How are you liking it? Is it standing up to use fairly well?

Thanks  :cheers:

I tough it up at a time when i was rotating sak's quite a bit and didn't wanted to worry about if i had a capable philllips on the sak or not, and maybe 90% of the saks have the bottle opener so...  ;)  And hex driver bits i have by the dozens, so it was a no brainier, and the lightest solution too.
I just cut an improvised "lock" on a classic's sheeth and put them inside, and carry them in my coin pouch. The pouch it's just a small/thin leather pouch, enough to carry coins, the sheeth with 4 bits, and my keys with the alox classic. It's holding on great, good leather and zipper, and also important: soft, so i don't scratch the scales on my usual small tinker, or whatever other sak i happen to be carrying always in the same pocket  :D

us Offline TonySal

Reply #411 on: September 12, 2018, 05:23:33 AM
Simply, my new red celi Executive, deciding lanyard or not to lanyard...
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #412 on: September 12, 2018, 06:21:09 AM
Thanks, bros :cheers:
I think I'm going through a non-traditional color preference phase
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline TonySal

Reply #413 on: September 12, 2018, 07:34:39 AM
Thanks, bros :cheers:
I think I'm going through a non-traditional color preference phase
It's  Ok Dan, NTCPP is Ok in the SAK community....
join KNIFE RIGHTS

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #414 on: September 25, 2018, 12:38:04 PM
Happy Two Layer Tuesday everyone  :cheers:

us Offline TonySal

Reply #415 on: September 25, 2018, 03:28:32 PM
TT :tu: Executive
join KNIFE RIGHTS

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #416 on: September 25, 2018, 07:07:16 PM
Well done Tony. I'll add 10mm with my 84mm Sportsman today
IMG_0850.jpg
* IMG_0850.jpg (Filesize: 296.32 KB)
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #417 on: September 25, 2018, 07:17:18 PM
Nice one FB :tu: :like:

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #418 on: September 25, 2018, 08:00:27 PM
 :salute:
20180925_105735_resized.jpg
* 20180925_105735_resized.jpg (Filesize: 199.77 KB)

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #419 on: September 25, 2018, 08:02:20 PM

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30