Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Show me your bivvies!

wales Offline caninesapien

Show me your bivvies!
on: September 01, 2017, 03:10:11 PM
Looking for a decent but compact bivvy bag - anyone have any suggestions? At the moment I'm just using a cheap £3 back from Blacks in the UK

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Show me your bivvies!
Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 03:25:29 PM
There is this guy from Wales called Magentus on this forum who does a lot of bikepacking and he gave me a recommendation of Alpkit's Hunka bivvy. I had to get the XL because of my height, but it really is a great bivvy for everything I've done in it thus far. Only problem that Mag forgot to mention is that when you start looking at Alpkit's site it is easy to get addicted  :rant:  :pok:  :whistle:

Another that gets mentioned a good bit is Snugpack Specail Forces Bivvi. I believe that is a favorite of Paul Kirtley from Frontier bushcraft
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Re: Show me your bivvies!
Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 03:35:36 PM
Funny thing, I was at a local upholsterer day before yesterday looking for sheath making supplies, and unfortunately found several things I need to buy....

Among them their own model bed roll / bivvy bag which they can make to accommodate my size.  :gimme:

It will be quite expensive, and due to size & weight definitely for car camping only, but for sure something missing from my kit for a long time......

I was looking into getting one made several years ago, but got diverted by the hammock thing.  Fully kitted on hammocks, bad roll next!

:salute:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD