Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

HalfBar mod

fi Online Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
HalfBar mod
on: January 26, 2024, 10:48:45 AM
This mod contains parts from Rebar & WIngman

Rebar parts: Obviously Handle, Serrated Blade (more like PE Blade since serrations smoothened) Phillips, Saw and Lanyard
Wingman parts: Package Opener, Medium Flathed/Ruler/File and Pocketclip

i needed custom spacer for plierside pivot since pivot size is larger than Wingmans pocketclip screw, i added to spacer and Lanyard in middle, also needed custom spacer for otherside, didnt have right sized washers anymore so that one custom one (i was lazy and didnt made it round). 
Pocketclip sit pretty good in place, i tried add washer under hexagonal side but pocketclip spinned around since it doesnt anymore have pin that keeps it in place, i tried add it to my RebWing and cutted since i didnt want drill hole to it , that experiment failed since screw is loose it usually jumps over backstopper on pliers and overbends when squeezing.
If you ever planning to do samekind mod drill that hole and put washer/spacer under hexagonal side so it raises bit so it isnt so snug (also pin keeps it in place).

Untitled by Antti Lammi, on Flickr

fi Offline Blunt Object

Re: HalfBar mod
Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 11:15:06 AM
Nice! Best I ever done is Half-a-Micra   :-[ I need to get more MTs and get creative!
Spydies and Vics and Leathermans, Oh My!

fi Online Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 11:37:14 AM
Nice! Best I ever done is Half-a-Micra   :-[ I need to get more MTs and get creative!

its beginning to get MT cheap as possible so you can dissamble those, i have spare parts and its bit fun to do experiments with parts i have.

fi Offline Blunt Object

Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 01:08:36 PM
I'm already bleeding money because of my "habit"  :multi: :climber: But the quest for the perfect tool combo continues. I'll have to finish my Vic "Farmer's Daughter" project first, to produce my ideal SAK. Just missing some hardware.

fi Online Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #4 on: January 26, 2024, 01:45:43 PM
I'm already bleeding money because of my "habit"  :multi: :climber: But the quest for the perfect tool combo continues. I'll have to finish my Vic "Farmer's Daughter" project first, to produce my ideal SAK. Just missing some hardware.
What hardware are you missing?

Only Tools Matters

fi Online Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #5 on: January 26, 2024, 04:40:13 PM
Updated HalfBar
added flatbit driver to it, it wasnt easiest to get driver in place without breaking plier springs, needed first fold driver inside only because i wasnt otherwise fit screw throught, after install was hardest part to bend driver open (needed strenght to fold it open) but now it has solid flatbit driver on it without making permanent modding.
It may be folded back in but it wont go fully closed without grinding driver itself.

Only Tools Matters

fi Offline Blunt Object

Reply #6 on: January 26, 2024, 04:44:44 PM
Missing the pivots and screws. As a first timer I just ordered them. Should be here any day. I'm not very good with tiny things, more of a bricklayer. If I succeed, I doubt I'll be making any more mods (yeah right...) And it's a Farmer X without the opener layer which I haven't used like ever.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 04:53:04 PM by Blunt Object »

fi Offline Blunt Object

Reply #7 on: January 26, 2024, 04:50:18 PM
Updated HalfBar
added flatbit driver to it, it wasnt easiest to get driver in place without breaking plier springs, needed first fold driver inside only because i wasnt otherwise fit screw throught, after install was hardest part to bend driver open (needed strenght to fold it open) but now it has solid flatbit driver on it without making permanent modding.
It may be folded back in but it wont go fully closed without grinding driver itself.

(Image removed from quote.)

Only Tools Matters

That's cool, a folder with a holder - feel free to use the name  :rofl: Pretty close to what I was asking in my thread about fitting the flat bit holder in a SAK frame. It really doesn't have to fold, if it sits deep enough.

fi Online Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #8 on: January 26, 2024, 04:58:56 PM
That's cool, a folder with a holder - feel free to use the name  :rofl: Pretty close to what I was asking in my thread about fitting the flat bit holder in a SAK frame. It really doesn't have to fold, if it sits deep enough.

adding flatbit driver to SAK could be possible, i looked that maybe cybertool driver spring would maybe hold it but it requires adding one extra pivot hole for driver so its stays in place.

also for those pins and screw look for etsy, there is rods and screws for mod, i would prefer screw more than pins since you can adjust tightness bit better or dissample it easier.

Here is link to etsy https://www.etsy.com/fi-en/market/victorinox_screws

fi Online Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #9 on: April 23, 2024, 10:41:51 AM
Today finished my second custom saw and added it to my HalfBar, now toolset is Custom heavy duty saw, file, phillips, modded serrated blade (sharpened serrations away), Wingman medium flathead/ruler/file.

Planning to make heavy duty saw for Wave to replace orginal woodsaw.

Only Tools Matters

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD