Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Remade Knives SAK 91mm scale 3D model released to the public for free

us Offline Zhenchok

The rough look of them is nicer personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“All human beings have three lives: public, private, and secret.” ― Gabriel García Márquez

00 Offline bba952

I get conflicting opinions also about the CF nature of these scales. Whatever it is, it's tough. Even a group mate's effort to use dremel and smoothen it was disastrous

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)
I might be wrong but it looks like the material  he used to print the scales is a mix of carbon fiber and PLA ( a type of biodegradable plastic)  which does not take heat well. i would recommend next time getting them printed in ABS or nylon, and to make sure that the person printing the scales uses a smaller print nozzle

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
I get conflicting opinions also about the CF nature of these scales. Whatever it is, it's tough. Even a group mate's effort to use dremel and smoothen it was disastrous

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)
I might be wrong but it looks like the material  he used to print the scales is a mix of carbon fiber and PLA ( a type of biodegradable plastic)  which does not take heat well. i would recommend next time getting them printed in ABS or nylon, and to make sure that the person printing the scales uses a smaller print nozzle

Feedback to a related question by me in a 3D printing forum suggests that CF holding filament should be printed with at the smallest a 0.5, or better 0.6, mm nozzle...
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am

He did say it CF were added in the material. So it might be as you described. Two sets were printed, one with ABS and one with CF filament. Todate, no one has tried putting on the ABS yet as all of us are fascinated by the "CF" scales  :D

Thank you again for releasing the 3D data to the public, Brandon! It was so generous of you  :cheers:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice

He did say it CF were added in the material. So it might be as you described. Two sets were printed, one with ABS and one with CF filament. Todate, no one has tried putting on the ABS yet as all of us are fascinated by the "CF" scales  :D

Thank you again for releasing the 3D data to the public, Brandon! It was so generous of you  :cheers:
I'll pm you my adres for those ABS ones :whistle:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am

Feedback to a related question by me in a 3D printing forum suggests that CF holding filament should be printed with at the smallest a 0.5, or better 0.6, mm nozzle...

Admittedly, the first batch were of better quality than the 2nd batch. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the nozzle used. But I'll share with him your feedback, DT. Helpful, as usual. Thanks!  :cheers:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am

I'll pm you my adres for those ABS ones :whistle:

Okay, Nick!  :tu:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
So seems like Jessan is actualy going to send them my way :facepalm:

Thanks buddy!

Now I do feel like a cheap smurf again though :bnghd:
Way to generous people here...

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am

Thanks buddy!

Just passing forward the good karma in MTO, Nick  :cheers: :tu:

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club

Thanks buddy!

:tu: 8)
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline dkop1

• Acknowledged blade-aholic who isn't seeking help.
Made these up with an SLS machine in Nylon 12. Will dye them later on
IMG_20171201_114559-2976x2232.jpg
* IMG_20171201_114559-2976x2232.jpg (Filesize: 122.39 KB)
IMG_20171201_114531-2976x2232.jpg
* IMG_20171201_114531-2976x2232.jpg (Filesize: 138.64 KB)
IMG_20171201_114424-2232x2976.jpg
* IMG_20171201_114424-2232x2976.jpg (Filesize: 146.35 KB)
"Have yourself a nice long rest and be back here in twelve minutes."
"All the good times, that's what I'll remember. I think there were three."

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Grabbed a set from them on Etsy. Put on my Tinker that had been blacked out by syph007, for the previous owner...

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Made these up with an SLS machine in Nylon 12. Will dye them later on

Cant wait to see them dyed!  :tu:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Grabbed a set from them on Etsy. Put on my Tinker that had been blacked out by syph007, for the previous owner...

(Image removed from quote.)

Wow. Simply WOW. How about we call it Victorinox Stealth?  :like:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!

Wow. Simply WOW. How about we call it Victorinox Stealth?  :like:
So black. 8) :like:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

gb Offline VoetSak

Had a go at this tonight. Not quite there yet but heading in the right direction.

Looks best in 2 tone imho.

rsz_20171203_041612.jpg
* rsz_20171203_041612.jpg (Filesize: 75.96 KB)

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Had a go at this tonight. Not quite there yet but heading in the right direction.

That two-tone does look interesting...and unique  :tu:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice

Almost forgot. Do I have a set of these coming my way?? :pok:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am

I'll trace where they are right now, Mechanickal

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am

I'll trace where they are right now, Mechanickal
Hi, Nick! PM sent. Bad and good news

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake

Looks great. :cheers:

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club

Looks great. :cheers:

U miss it??  LOL

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Hah, no.  Well, maybe a little. :facepalm:

us Offline schiesz

I have these files and there is some kind of "error" in the STL file, and it has a few stray bits that shouldn't be there.  Then other error is that the back scale has several pieces and it makes it basically impossible to modify (I was planning on adding a pin hole like the Plus scales have). I tried importing it into a few different programs and exporti g it again but always have the same "errors" that make it tough to modify.  Maybe they did that on purpose, to protect their IP,  although they seems fine with people using it.

Anyone else have trouble with this?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD