Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hello from Michigan

us Offline Zhenchok

Hello from Michigan
on: September 05, 2017, 09:15:38 PM
I guess I missed this page and never formally introduced myself but I've been posting and lurking on the site for a long time. I live in Southeastern Michigan and have been into knives and multitools ever sinse I was a kid.  Growing up as a kid in Ukraine, every one my age had a small knife. My parents finally bought me a Gerber knife for camp, I still have it 20 years later it says first production run.   In '97 I borrowed my friends original PST for summer camp, now thinking back it was not smart of him to lend it to me.  It was stolen while I was in camp, I bought him a Gerber 600 in exchange, one for me one for him.  By the time I really wanted a PST for myself I didnt see them in stores anymore.  I was able to get another one from a friend in a trade later and also purchased a Walmart clearanced Leatherman Flair for like $18 bucks, at the time I thought it was an ok deal. 

I've always been into camping and outdoor sports and was attracted to tools that were perfect for camping use, mostly Leatherman.  About a year ago I got the SAK bug, and I just can't get enough.  I honestly thought that they were cheap tools until I started carrying one, now I want as many as I can get my hands on.  I fell in love with the engineering of them, and especially like used ones because of their history.  My ideal situation is getting a knife in the mail as I love the anticipation of looking at it once it comes in, cleaning it etc..  I think once I am retired, I will order a large lot of TSA sieze ones so that I can go through, sort, and admire them :)  I love the outdoors and I love the gear associated with being outdoors, when I hold a multitool I imagine using it in the near future.  I am also bilingual in Russian and English.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 09:41:55 PM by Zhenchok »
“All human beings have three lives: public, private, and secret.” ― Gabriel García Márquez

us Offline MusicMen

• No Life Club
  • 21 Badges for Eagle
Re: Hello from Michigan
Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 11:16:47 PM
Welcome home to :MTO:
Where you can try to stop buying, but you will never leave.
BUCK: X-Tract, 360
GERBER: Clutch, Shortcut, Dime*, DimE*, Octane & Crucial FAST
MP600 NN, CentreDrive, Grappler
Diesel*, Nickle*, Bullrush, MP600 BN, Flik & MP600DET* all in BO
LEATHERMAN: Skeletool, Style PS, CS, ES* & Style*, Juice S2(X2), SC2, C2, Pro, XE6
Crunch, MTO Style CS, Sideclip, BO Kick*
SOG: PowerAccess, Blacktip*, HD PPP
VICTORINOX: SwissTool Std, X(CS), & RS all with red logo, Spirit XBS
*=mod

us Offline Zhenchok

Hello from Michigan
Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 12:04:35 AM
Thanks :) Luckily I have a smart wife that tells me when to stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 12:19:04 AM by Zhenchok »
“All human beings have three lives: public, private, and secret.” ― Gabriel García Márquez

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 12:12:45 PM
Great intro buddy :cheers: We are glad to have you here with us :tu: :like:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 02:20:27 PM
Great intro buddy :cheers: We are glad to have you here with us :tu: :like:

+1   :cheers:

us Offline Zhenchok

Hello from Michigan
Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 05:09:24 PM
I guess I missed this page and never formally introduced myself but I've been posting and lurking on the site for a long time. I live in Southeastern Michigan and have been into knives and multitools ever sinse I was a kid.  Growing up as a kid in Ukraine, every one my age had a small knife. My parents finally bought me a Gerber knife for camp, I still have it 20 years later it says first production run.   In '97 I borrowed my friends original PST for summer camp, now thinking back it was not smart of him to lend it to me.  It was stolen while I was in camp, I bought him a Gerber 600 in exchange, one for me one for him.  By the time I really wanted a PST for myself I didnt see them in stores anymore.  I was able to get another one from a friend in a trade later and also purchased a Walmart clearanced Leatherman Flair for like $18 bucks, at the time I thought it was an ok deal. 

I've always been into camping and outdoor sports and was attracted to tools that were perfect for camping use, mostly Leatherman.  About a year ago I got the SAK bug, and I just can't get enough.  I honestly thought that they were cheap tools until I started carrying one, now I want as many as I can get my hands on.  I fell in love with the engineering of them, and especially like used ones because of their history.  My ideal situation is getting a knife in the mail as I love the anticipation of looking at it once it comes in, cleaning it etc..  I think once I am retired, I will order a large lot of TSA sieze ones so that I can go through, sort, and admire them :)  I love the outdoors and I love the gear associated with being outdoors, when I hold a multitool I imagine using it in the near future.  I am also bilingual in Russian and English.  Thanks.

I forgot to mention that I've been in the US sinse I was 9 years old, came here in 1990. I momved from a fairly large city and don't think I would be into outdoors if I didn't grow up in the US.

I also wanted to mention that this board made me a more generous person.  I used to hoard a lot of my tools, but seeing how people are always ready to give advice and observing members perform random acts of kindness have influenced me. I recently gave away 4 tools to friends and my brother who showed interest in various tools and knives that I own. I think the hardest was gifting my skeletool, but I'm glad that I did it as he was very appreciative and I know it will be used for many years.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:32:39 PM by Zhenchok »

us Offline LoopCutter

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 06:24:22 PM
Great intro.  Welcome and congrats on the smart wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 07:18:35 PM
Welcome neighbor..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 07:52:33 PM
Welcome  :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99