Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wenger Giant for Sale

Offline TheKitchenSink

Wenger Giant for Sale
on: September 07, 2017, 04:39:06 PM
Hi all,

Directed here by the great guys over on the Swiss Army Knights Forum...

My other half and I have a Wenger Giant for sale. For background, this was given to him as a gift several years ago and since then, it has stayed in its box. We have absolutely no way of displaying it and would rather it was in a good home than confined to its box at the back of our wardrobe. It is in immaculate condition, as I say, and while I am sure I don't need to explain it to any of you fine chaps and chapesses, I will:

87 implements, 141 functions, presentation box and Guinness World Record certificate.

We are in the UK (Aberdeen), but Royal Mail seems to allow post of knives provided they're correctly packaged which this would be. If anyone wants to correct me, please do - surprisingly enough, I haven't posted something like this before  ;)

We are of course open to offers, but would be keen to look at offers of £750. I can send more pictures and if required, happy to FaceTime showing the item etc.

Many thanks one and all!
image2.JPG
* image2.JPG (Filesize: 156.49 KB)

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Wenger Giant for Sale
Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 05:20:33 PM
That's such an awesome thing!

My wallet has run off though :rofl:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 05:41:59 PM

Ditto on both counts!  :drool:  :facepalm:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

Offline TheKitchenSink

Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 05:46:50 PM

Hahaha!! Mine too - why do you think we need to sell it?!

it Offline shadowrider

Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 06:35:18 PM
Do you think it would be a good fit for my Levi's watch pocket?

:D

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 06:40:30 PM
Kitchensink, if I were you I'd put it on ebay.de and /or .com - the american one. Start it at $600 or something so that if disaster strikes and you get only one bid you don't go home empty handed*. There is a Giant on ebay com at the moment with an asking price of $6,999 so it looks like you could do well there if you play your cards right.
The Germans are kind of nuts for penknives and can also pay a lot of money for something rare or special.
Whichever way you sell it don't skimp on the postage cos you don't want that sucker vanishing into thin air!

*Some bloke the other day was selling not one but two motorboats, thinking he'd save time selling both at the same time. To his horror he had only one bidder so both boats sold for one British penny...

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 07:09:19 PM

*Some bloke the other day was selling not one but two motorboats, thinking he'd save time selling both at the same time. To his horror he had only one bidder so both boats sold for one British penny...
:facepalm: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 07:54:25 PM

:facepalm: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Who said luxury doesn't come cheap?

Offline needletools

• New User
Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 12:02:10 AM
still available?

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 05:07:45 AM
Kitchensink, if I were you I'd put it on ebay.de and /or .com - the american one. Start it at $600 or something so that if disaster strikes and you get only one bid you don't go home empty handed*. There is a Giant on ebay com at the moment with an asking price of $6,999 so it looks like you could do well there if you play your cards right.

I disagree. Have the starting bid at what you are looking for first, give it a run for an auction. If it does not sell in a few rounds, then you may want to drop the starting bid. An unsuccessful auction can mean one of following things:
- Your starting bid (minimum asking price basically) is too high
- Your time is wrong (auction ends at time when potential audiences are likely sleeping or being stuck in traffic..., or time when money is a bit tighter like tax time...)
- Your item is not that desirable

Remember, eBay takes 10% and Paypal takes another 3% if your item is sold. So, I would suggest the OP not to jump on the eBay wagon if she is not prepared for a potential rough ride.

Offline MPT

• New User
Reply #10 on: December 08, 2020, 01:42:46 PM

We are in the UK (Aberdeen), but Royal Mail seems to allow post of knives provided they're correctly packaged which this would be. If anyone wants to correct me, please do - surprisingly enough, I haven't posted something like this before  ;)

We are of course open to offers, but would be keen to look at offers of £750. I can send more pictures and if required, happy to FaceTime showing the item etc.

Many thanks one and all!

Hello

I know this is an old topic, but is the knive still available?

Best regards

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #11 on: December 09, 2020, 06:56:30 AM
Hello

I know this is an old topic, but is the knive still available?

Best regards

The OP hasn't been back for over 3 years, so I think you are unlikley to get a response now.

Last Active:  October 05, 2017, 03:37:01 PM
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

00 Offline jnoxyd

Reply #12 on: December 09, 2020, 10:12:46 AM
There were two Giant for sell in Facebook SAK group, try to find . Maybe they are not sold already.

Offline MPT

• New User
Reply #13 on: December 10, 2020, 07:48:52 PM
There were two Giant for sell in Facebook SAK group, try to find . Maybe they are not sold already.

Thanks, I'll try that one  :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD